Following the recent school shooting, the national media once again focuses on the dangerous nature of guns - because focusing on the dangerous nature of psychopaths may cause the nation to recognize the same traits in many media figures, activists, and political leaders they support.
While the recent psychopathic shooter is no longer a menace, a number of much more dangerous, experienced psychopathic manipulators still remains at large.
As a public service, we are posting the following 30 characteristics of the psychopath, a.k.a. manipulator, or perverse narcissist (to qualify, at least 14 items from this list must be present as permanent traits).
If you have recently seen someone who matches this description, immediately report the time, place, and the circumstances in the comments below.
* * *
1. blames others and burdens them with guilt in the name of family, friendship, love, society, the poor, etc.;
2. evades responsibilities or pushes them onto others;
3. remains vague in the communication of his claims, needs, feelings, and opinions;
4. often gives vague answers to straight questions;
5. changes opinion, behavior and feelings depending on people and situations;
6. makes use of logical arguments to camouflage claims;
7. wants to make others believe that they have to be perfect, that they can never change their mind, that they have to know everything and have to respond immediately to claims and questions;
8. discredits the qualifications, competence, and personality of others; criticizes, despises and condemns without giving that impression;
9. delivers messages through intermediaries (phone instead of choosing the face-to-face, leave written notes).
10. sows discord and creates distrust and suspicion, divides to be better able to rule;
11. positions himself as a victim to elicit compassion (disability, hostile environment, work overload, etc);
12. ignores or does not honor requests even if he promises they will be taken care of;
13. takes advantage of other people's moral and ethical principles (humanity, racism, compassion) to serve his own needs;
14. threatens in underhanded ways or commits open blackmail;
15. suddenly changes the subject during a conversation;
16. avoids or flees relationships and togetherness;
17. capitalizes on the ignorance of others and creates an impression of his own superiority;
18. lies as a habitual strategy;
19. uses falsehoods "for the greater good";
20. is egocentric;
21. can be jealous;
22. does not bear criticism and denies facts;
23. does not care for the rights, opinions and wishes of others;
24. often gives commands or demands action at the very last moment;
25. his speech seems logical or coherent, while his attitudes, actions, or lifestyle speak of the opposite;
26. uses flattery to please us, makes gifts or suddenly starts to pamper us.
27. makes us feel trapped;
28. effective in achieving own goals, but at the expense of others;
29. makes us do things we wouldn't do of our own accord;
30. is the subject of other people's conversations all the time, even when he is not present.
This list comes from "The Manipulators Among Us," a book by Isabelle Nazare-Aga, a French cognitive-behavioral therapist, trainer and lecturer. The English version is my own edited compilation of several poorly made English translations I found online.
I would mention his name, but since he currently has no clothes I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a family website.
Since Comrade Jay Carney is actually an animatronic talking machine, does he still qualify as a psychopath by association? I believe so, considering his operator certainly meets the requirements.
(not necessarily in that order)
Komrade KentThe magic 8 ball tells me the top three supects are......
(not necessarily in that order)
The wholly trinity of american politics, it is a beautiful thing.
Is this the owner of that silhouette?
your confusion is well-grounded. We answered this question round March of this year:
And on Page 2...
Anyer MarxHmm, one person came immediately to mind, but I do not see horse-marrying on the list. I presume the list is non-exhaustive?
Horse-marrying has already been declared and should be assumed everytime you gaze upon the image of MOO-chelle.
The following traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare:
1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
2. Do not perceive that anything is wrong with them
6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seek out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
7. Conventional appearance
8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
9. Exercise despotic control over every aspect of the victims' lives
10. Have an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore need their victims’ affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
11. Ultimate goal is the creation of willing victims
12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
Obama is Brain. Proletariat is Pinky
"What are we gonna do today Brain?"
"The same thing we do everyday Pinky. We're going to take over the world." And then every dupe willingly follows.
He is his own god, who can lower seas, take care of old people with pain pills, perform collective salvation, and fundamentally transform this nation by sweeping us all along with him as he moves FORWARD!™
I would urge you to reconsider. Your description of narcissism has nothing to do with atheism. If you think it through, I'm sure you'll see that simply substituting one for the other makes little sense. In addition, the bait and switch you performed with your link is not exactly how you keep the debate honest.
I understand that you're not alone in being confused about it. But believe me - militant atheists on the collectivist Left are very different from the libertarian and freedom-loving atheists who oppose the Left's war on your religious rights because they love constitutional freedoms of the individual (which includes your right to worship).
You'd be surprised to know that quite a few of them read and post on the People's Cube.
Your comparison is unfair to them and isn't helpful at all.