1st Amendment Imperiled By Malicious Journalism

First_Amendment_R.png
Only weeks after a Constitutional crisis arose whereby Americans' 2nd Amendment rights came under scrutiny due to the insistence of certain factions upon buying and owning guns, a new crisis is now about to threaten citizens' 1st Amendment rights as well.

Thanks to the abuse of so-called 1st Amendment "Freedom of Speech" by certain "reporters" who have seen fit to disturb the country's sense of awe and reverence toward its duly elected leaders for no good reason, the government must now consider curbing this right lest the writers involved come to harm.

The controversy began when a formerly respected journalist, Bob Woodward, a man who once served the public well by short-circuiting the career of the evil tyrant Richard M. Nixon, began to have irrational delusions about President Obama's mental health.

Rather than keeping his hallucinations to himself, Woodward chose to speak about them publicly in an appearance on a state-approved legitimate media broadcast:

The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on Morning Joe today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.
~
As a result of the public unrest aroused by his ill-conceived misgivings about the Dear Leader's unquestionably excellent judgement, Woodward has become the recipient of anonymous threats. Ominous warnings from numerous sources were received at the White House and relayed to the misguided journalist via one of the president's caring associates there:

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this,"
First_Amendment_Quiet.jpg
Because of this incident and his prior history of mental illness, friends suspect that Woodward may in fact be lapsing into senility and have urged his media priviledges be curtailed by his former employer for his own and The Common Good ™ . It is only hoped that this can be accomplished before he disturbs the peace any further and more threats, or worse, are issued.

Woodward's illness and the crisis it has caused has renewed interest in the idea of state licensing requirements for journalists. Such proposals are not new: many wise and caring governments throughtout history, seeing the disruptions that scurrilous and upsetting information can cause to an otherwise placid public, have attempted to control these disruptions for The Common Good ™. See here and here.

"This is not an outrageous idea," said Professor Les Gagyu of National Association of Legitimate Mainstream Media Journ0lists.

"You do not have the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theater and you should not have the right to shout 'Our leaders are making grave mistakes which endanger us!' in a crowded country. That would seem obvious enough. But for some reason, here in the United States, we are irrationally opposed to the government protecting us from such things, just as we are opposed to their protecting us from guns. It's hard to understand."

"Look, you'd want the government to stop someone with an infectious disease from spreading it, wouldn't you? Well, there's nothing more contagious and dangerous to the public health than bad ideas. The science is settled on that."

"Such a system works well for the Chinese", said NY Times columnist and China expert Tom Friedman. "It is only old-fashioned countries like this one which refuse to accept new ideas."

The truth is the country would not even have to consider such measures if it weren't for a certain minority which insists on abusing the right to free speech. Ordinary sensible Americans should be concerned, for any government curbs which these abusers force upon us will affect the innocent as well as the guilty.

The choice is yours, comrades: show yourselves to be responsible users of speech and protect your 1st Amendment rights by shouting down abusive journalists such as Woodward or let them run rampant and accept government controls for the public good.

Which will it be?

There are consequences for those who abuse the 1st ... we might just forget the silly 4th and 5th.

Filmmake1.jpg

The oppressor class will get sweet revenge on this counter revolutionary. Soon Woodward will be recieving his "fair share" of pain and misery. Emperor "The Fly" Hussain Obama will crush any rebellion in the collective with swift and sever punishment - its for the childern, as well as the common good. forWARd !

The Committee to Protect Journalists opens new chapter in USSA.

https://cpj.org/africa/south-africa/

I honestly don't know why we need all these silly "amendments" anyway. Just what IS an amendment? It's what our government, specifically our glorious leader, Barackzebub Hussein Obama, says it is! So why don't we just let him tell us what the law is whenever necessary, and just forget about these stupid amendments. The constitution is a living document anyway, and there's no way those old dead guys could have foreseen what it's like being alive today!

We don't really need that stupid congress either, while we're at it.

Excellent use of the misquote "You do not have the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theater" Comrade Opiate!
The phrase was originally used to suppress free speech, protesting the draft in World War I, and it is proper to use it now to repress other freedoms the proles think the Secretariat should cravenly allow them because of some old piece of paper.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:... Just what IS an amendment? It's what our government, specifically our glorious leader, Barackzebub Hussein Obama, says it is!....
The_Great_Dictator1.jpg

Bill G wrote:Excellent use of the misquote "You do not have the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theater" Comrade Opiate!
The phrase was originally used to suppress free speech, protesting the draft in World War I, and it is proper to use it now to repress other freedoms the proles think the Secretariat should cravenly allow them because of some old piece of paper.

Comrade, you have reminded me of a cartoon I once saw in Pravda: a comrade let his wife drive his Trabant. She was a very nervous driver who drove with the emergency brake ON all the time and this wore it out very quickly. The comrade told his wife, "Mishka, you must not drive with the emergency brake on, that is only to be used in an emergency." Mishka replied, "Yes, Boris, I know. It really comes down to what one defines as an 'emergency'."

Mr. Woodward, there is a gulag waiting somewhere for you......
B H O

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:I honestly don't know why we need all these silly "amendments" anyway. Just what IS an amendment? It's what our government, specifically our glorious leader, Barackzebub Hussein Obama, says it is! So why don't we just let him tell us what the law is whenever necessary, and just forget about these stupid amendments. The constitution is a living document anyway, and there's no way those old dead guys could have foreseen what it's like being alive today!

I have to agree. I turned on the TV a few days ago to a news channel and I swear, all I heard was "Blah, blah, blah... blah blah blah blah... blahblahblahblah! Blah, blah, blah, Blitzer, blah, blah blah blah blah...". I even put on the closed captions and that's what they read. The next day I turned on the TV to another news channel and the same thing... yesterday, more of the same, and today, ditto. I don't really understand the need for an amendment if all they say is "Blah, blah, blah." Just seems like a waste of ink.

Also, considering that most of what I see on almost every TV channel these days is this...

azombie01.gif
azombie02.gif
azombie03.gif
azombie04.gif
... and all they do is groan "brains!"... and a bunch of old dead guys couldn't foresee a bunch of young undead guys... well, the whole discussion of an amendment to a so-called living document just seems... well... redonkulus...

... But hey! It's your Constitution.

BTW, is anyone being billed for those bullets?

"Barackzebub Hussein Obama"... Heheheheh... I put coffee through my nose... thanks.

Comrade Sista, I would be remiss were I to not provide linkage to the whole Barackzebub situation... he seems to attract flies like, well, flies.

Sorry about your nasulars!