A Citizen's Response To The Obama-mercial

Obama's infomercial with commentary similar to how we did it with Hillary's presidential announcement. An excellent job. The Bush newspaper headlines are the funniest part.

Beloved Comrade Red Square, I have but one question.

Where the hell did you put the barf bags? 'Cause I'm about to hurl!

Bush has outlawed the unauthorized sale barf bags as part of his plan to curtail our right to hurl.

But hurling in public is an essential part of our freedom of speech, no? I seldom leave home without two or three barf bags in my duffel bag in case I happen to see a McCain-Palin sign or, Lenin forbid, an American flag. Once relieved I usually throw the bag towards the object that has caused me to hurl as a proud expression of political speech.

Unfortunately I'm running out my supply and I don't know what I'm going to do if Obama loses. I'm sure a request for an authorization to purchase barf bags will put me squarely on a list of persons suspected of dissent and my record will be thoroughly checked by a government employee for any possible violations.

In view of such suffering inflicted upon us by the Right-Wingers, it will be only fair to give them the same treatment or worse should our side win. Through a careful rationing of barf bags and tinfoil hats we shall gain control of their inclinations and thought process.

It is so easy to project our actions on the Right-Wingers because they are a mirror reflection of us Progressives, only we are good and they are evil.

Thanks Red for TVOing the [HIGHLIGHT=#ff0000]O[/HIGHLIGHT]bamercial for me. I was not able to see it myself. I was standing line at government TV store waiting for next five-year-plan delivery of television set for my family to go with my government coupon for converter box that should be in state store soon.

<off>
Speaking of standing in lines, I have to get ready for Saturday--I am taking a double-date (2 women) to the gun show AFTER the Veterans meeting.

Statistics are a bourgeois fetish, Red Square! Do you want your committee card revoked?

Statistics are a bourgeois fetish, Red Square! Do you want your committee card revoked?

Begemot, talk like that to Red Square can lead to a graphic illustration that there are indeed many more than one way to skin a cat.

Begemot seems to be a typical cat--strutting around like he owns the place while merely suffering the rest of us. He already spat some hairballs at me on another thread, when I thought only the Empress was allowed to do that.

And just when Mousey-Tongue and Pupovich finally managed to reach an understanding!

I'm reminded of that old Sylvester and Tweety cartoon, where Granny threatened to send Sylvester to the violin factory if any harm came to Tweety while she was gone.

Eee-eee-eee-eee, eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee!

Considered yourself warned, kitty!

Yeeeooowwww! Who knew the red machine had such a soft underbelly! The little tete-a-tete was all in good fun, I assure you. Besides, mutual paranoia and paw-wagging is the hallmark of a healthy party. Since fear and suspicion has failed to unite us, impossibly contradicting Uncle Joe's dictum I might add, I must now play the nouveau Marxist role of the victimized scapegoat. Pity me, as I pity you.

/off-karakter/

I'm only joking around and I find everyone in here smart and a lot of fun. I am trying to be ironical with some of my statements and references and I am not trying to offend. I am just wanting to harmlessly shoot some sh*t back and forth. If I was a little too opaque, part of that was intentional, but I don't want you to think I'm arrogant. I'm just messing around and trying to get the pulse of the place. This site is hysterical and I'm just trying to bring my own flavor, not disrupt things. Everything cool?

By the way, the "typical cat" comment was quite clever.

Begemot -

The Party vehemently tolerates healthy criticism, but you have made one mistake - you had the audacity to criticize Glorious Incarnadine Trapezoid - me! (You can hiss at everyone else with impunity, but walk softly near Pinkie who has the propensity of hitting comrades with a shovel upside their heads).

But don't worry, Begemot. The Party is merciful and forgiving. You will get back your posting rations once you have completed a prescribed 5-hour self-criticism session with a shovel in front of the Party Headquarters. You will be notified of the date and time. We need time to coordinate the busing of schoolchildren from city schools, who will be watching you as an introduction to the idea of mandatory community service promised by Premier Obama.

You will get back your posting rations once you have completed a prescribed 5-hour self-criticism session with a shovel in front of the Party Headquarters.

Ooo, Red Square likes you! When I screwed up in a similar fashion soon after my arrival via the People's Tractor from our Collective Farm, I had to swab out all the crevices of a certain former MTE who can no longer be mentioned, and apply the special ointment with a Q-tip to keep the ichor from dripping out and ruining the upholstery.

A heh ah heh. As ordered, I stocked the toilet paper at the Duma and ran 20 laps around the Kremlin with that damn robodog of Putin's chasing me. I had to run into St. Basil's twice and I knocked down all the icons and the candles, but the fire was put out promptly and everything is fine. I can only imagine the irony if the fire caught hold and the Party decided to put my eyes out for it. Anyway, the holes I was ordered to dig, of course I dug them - but you'll forgive me if I buried a few dead canaries that I found near some worker's mineshafts. I promise that my insolence will be directed towards the inferior apparatchiki in the future, and my claws will stay sharpened and ready to take down the next comrade who questions my heroes Commissarka Pinkie and Red Square! Oo-rah! Long live the Party!

Now someone pass the vodka and caviar...get back to work you lazy proles!...