A Forgotten Revolution?

Comrades, I despair over the lack of information concerning the 2010 October Revolution, AKA the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. I mean, that event was a watershed moment for us progs, a day which Orwell predicted, when we the Left officially defined the sane as a stoned, Marxist college student guilty about his rich, American upbringings. Any thoughts on this?

Comrade Red Square, please, enlighten me with your eloquent jubliation or denunciation of this revolution.

That's the One Nation Rally, Comrade Whoopie. I'm talking about an entirely different one.

You know? The one with Jon Stewart?

We don't hear about the outcome of the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear just like many people never heard of the original October 1917 Revolution in the first few months after it happened. They thought it was just another coup and nothing would change. But things did change, and the October Revolution was eventually proclaimed "the greatest event in the history of mankind."

And so will the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. Just give it time.

Or remember Woodstock. It has become a major event in America's cultural revolution only as an afterthought. But when it happened, no one thought it would be remembered in history, let alone celebrated nationally every ten years.

The restore sanity rally was "sponsored" by such conservatives as Oprah and Gloria Alred.

Sponsoring includes transportation to and from, paid meals, paid signs provided, etc.

Aside from all the pre-staging, the event was "spontaneous".

I denounce myself for leading a fellow traveler down the wrong path.

Comrade Whoopie,

It is not the results that are important, but your intention to provide another traveler with a map.
Besides the normal 10 lashes, standing in a corner for 1 minute with head bowed, should arrirve you at the state of atonement for this very minor error.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:I denounce myself for leading a fellow traveler down the wrong path.
*Sniff* Self denouncements are so heart warming. Especially if one gets to see someone else do it. Now that I have experienced your own self denunciation, I can go on, feeling properly Aware(TM) of self denunciation, without actually having to do it myself. You are a fine example to all of progdom Comrade Whoopie. I bet when the purges come, your family will even be spared the cost of the bullet.

Colonel of times and spaces, I have long ago purchased a bullet to be used when the Party deems that I have outlived my usefulness.

It's like a progressive life insurance policy intended to spare my family the expense associated with my passing. I urge all others to do the same.

What if the bullet is not of the correct caliber? Did you think of that? What if you do not have time to retrieve it? Or what if The Sate has developed a new weapon by the time you are purged? But don't worry, for I have a solution! The Colonel's Execution Insurance Policy is now available. For a low cost, you are ensured that any execution related expenses incurred by your family will be paid. No longer do you have to worry about leaving behind a grieving widow holding a bill for your execution. It is a glorious idea, is it not?

Colonel, it's a 9mm, the most widely used caliber. I wear it in a pendant around my neck. And if need be, I'm content to wait as long as necessary until a weapon of the appropriate caliber is found and brought to bear.

However I suppose every Prog should carry $10 or it's equiv. at all times. Enough to pay for the bullet with money left over so the executioner can have a beer afterward.

(Killing people is thirsty work)

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Kim Jong-Un wrote:Comrades, I despair over the lack of information concerning the 2010 October Revolution, AKA the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. I mean, that event was a watershed moment for us progs, a day which Orwell predicted, when we the Left officially defined the sane as a stoned, Marxist college student guilty about his rich, American upbringings. Any thoughts on this?

Comrade Red Square, please, enlighten me with your eloquent jubliation or denunciation of this revolution.

Sadly, there is not much to report, Comrade.

As it happens this rally truly did not live up to its full potential as witnessed by the dramatic gains non-setbacks made by the RethugliKKKan teabaggers in November.

A PROPER event would have rallied guilt-ridden college-aged Marxists appropriately dosed on Party-approved opiates to register for voting in all 58 states and then crammed them on to buses shuttling them off to the multiple polling sites; or at least had them fill out a minimum of 58 absentee ballots each, gathered them up and posted them.

As it happens, the rally served purely as an FDA-approved opiate for the public school educated proles who spend endless hours getting their news from parody television shows and blog sites...

...come to think of it....WAIT A MINUTE!