A Lesson in Satire

Ok, a serious post that won't become serious anymore thanks to the potential comments, I know.

I remember my friend Al-Blogunov posting a post about how satire is endangered. He's got a point I want to go over in mine that I didn't feel he sufficiently elaborate enough, and tell you what you can make of what he, and I agree on.

There was a time when satire was just satire, a joke about things we liked, an ironic way to criticise society's ills, and a reminder to not go to places we didn't/shouldn't want to go.

Well not anymore; instead every time somebody makes a joke thinking people aren't ridiculous enough to actually do it, somebody actually, unironically, takes it up as fact, not as then they think that that person actually means that, but they themselves, actually, unironically, believe, and live by it.

This is the reason why when I write satire as a post/comment, I use an unironic tone that makes it sound like I actually believe in it, and that's why I'm mildly annoyed when someone points out that it's satire, because it disrupts the unironic tone. If the real world is stupid/ridiculous enough to believe in something that is clearly a joke, then by saying the joke unironically to the point that it sounds like you believe in it allows you to have the last laugh.

And that is the lesson in satire I hope you all learned today.

Pamalinsky wrote:Dear People's Anthony Sullivan,

Do realize you are dealing with this:

https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/trotsky-stalinim-is-perfect-theory-for-glueing-up-the-brain-t17518.html

I quietly do, my dear Pamalinsky, I do, quietly.

The People's Anthony Sullivan wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:
Dear People's Anthony Sullivan,

Do realize you are dealing with this:

https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog ... 17518.html

I quietly do, my dear Pamalinsky, I do, quietly.

I know you do. I had some computer difficulties expressing that. Had to quit and restart. I wanted to present the page better but the pic wouldn't load. Sorry.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

You mean, as in:

* Candidate Donald Trump asking the Russians to find Hillary's missing emails?

* a 4chan troll who invented a delightful story, based on, and cleverly copied from the Sukarno incident about a bunch of Russian hookers peeing on a bed?

* A clueless journalist believing two notorious trolls' story about Pepe the Frog being a White Nationalist symbol?

* Other 4chan pranks, such as milk being racist, the "OK" hand sign being racist, and on an on ad infinitum?

Yeah.

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed onto the Internet.

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

You mean, as in:

* a 4chan troll who invented a delightful story, based on, and cleverly copied from the Sukarno incident about a bunch of Russian hookers peeing on a bed?

* A clueless journalist believing two notorious trolls' story about Pepe the Frog being a White Nationalist symbol?

* Other 4chan pranks, such as milk being racist, the "OK" hand sign being racist, and on an on ad infinitum?

Yeah.

Wow, I almost forgot. Thanks for the reminder

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Image
You mean, as in:

Yeah.

Yes Comrade, well said. However, the utter retards on the left our esteemed colleagues across the aisle seem to see a lot of "dog whistling" going on with all of that.Image

Sometimes I see a post that asks whether I'm being satirical or if I really am that stupid. That's how I know I hit the jackpot.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
Sometimes I see a post that asks whether I'm being satirical or if I really am that stupid. That's how I know I hit the jackpot.

Aptly put, my dear, aptly put

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
Sometimes I see [highlight=#FFFF00]a post that asks whether I'm being satirical or if I really am that stupid[/highlight]. That's how I know I hit the jackpot.

Well,..?

For those struggling on how to write satire, I offer these tips from a top professional, Jim Acosta, from the CNN/Jim Acosta School of Professional Journalistic/Propagandistic Writing. Image