A New Feminist Post-Colonial Climate Science Paradigm

From our Marxist fellow-travelers at the thoroughly Postmodernist University of Oregon:

This University of Oregon Study on Feminizing Glaciers Might Make You Root for Trump

Excerpts:

Glaciers are key icons of climate change and global environmental change. However, the relationships among gender, science, and glaciers – particularly related to epistemological questions about the production of glaciological knowledge – remain understudied. This paper thus proposes a feminist glaciology framework with four key components... Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable ... human-ice interactions. [Emphasis added]

Feminist glaciology builds from feminist postcolonial science studies, analyzing not only gender dynamics and situated knowledges, but also alternative knowledges and folk glaciologies that are generally marginalized through colonialism, imperialism, inequality, unequal power relations, patriarchy, and the domination of Western science (Harding, 2009).
No, this is not a Reich-wing spoof. The U of O is well-known for its Progressivism, and at last we're finally getting some long-overdue Lysenkoism in the Sciences.

Of course, Pope Algore, the Scientist who started it all, has ALWAYS been involved in Feminist Ice Studies:

AlGoreClimateModels.jpg

Can't read this very well on my phone. I'll have a closer look once we get back from the titty bar.*

* (It's Mean Larry's birthday today and lap dances are half price on Monday, plus it's hot wings on the buffet.)

Half-price lap dances? Proof of the truism: TANSTAAFLD (The Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lap Dance).

I'll be willing to bet that the Goracle gets a lap dance to get that global warming feeling.

trashmouth wrote:I'll be willing to bet that the Goracle gets a lap dance to get that global warming feeling.

I think that'd be considered homicide, or at the least attempted murder, the Goracle's core temperature is 1 Kelvin.

Image Physics prof. Alan Sokal's writings on science and fashionable nonsense. Read all about it in "Beyond The Hoax".

Dear comrades! To help us in our effort to generate nonsensical science i would like to point your attention to a tool created for just this purpose:

https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/

The 'scigen' will generate any report desired by the glorious comrade in search of a PHD title.

This is not a joke...

All glory to the hypnotoad!

Minitrue wrote:Dear comrades! To help us in our effort to generate nonsensical science i would like to point your attention to a tool created for just this purpose:

https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/

The 'scigen' will generate any report desired by the glorious comrade in search of a PHD title.

This is not a joke...

All glory to the hypnotoad!

I am very proud and glad to have worked with so many influential thinkers on this report. I believe that development of the location-identity split is essential for full revolutionization. Just because I live in America doesn't make me American, I identify as Soviet Russian, and I demand that the government give me everything that the USSR would have given me had I lived there. If you don't you're problematic and offensive.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[.... and I demand that the government give me everything that the USSR would have given me had I lived there.

OK! There's ten years of hard labor coming your way, followed by two ounces of high-speed lead.

Lev Termen wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[.... and I demand that the government give me everything that the USSR would have given me had I lived there.

OK! There's ten years of hard labor coming your way, followed by two ounces of high-speed lead.

No, I didn't mean the prole life! I meant the life of the Kommissar, the very tip of the State's pike that is pushed deeper and deeper into the bourgeois menace every day. The glorious life, the life that fights harder for the rights of the worker than any other!

Plus, I like to deliver the lead, not receive it. It is better to give than to receive, is it not?