A Question for the Pup

I watched LSU take apart the Washington Huskies the other night and a thought occurred to me. Just out of curiosity, when your beloved Bayou Bengals travel out of state like that for a game, do their parole officers get to go with them?

(For all of you unwashed heatherns out there, it's football season in the SEC again. Oh, and I think the other conferences are playing something kind of like football too.)

I recall when LSU would play Rice. The cops put on extra shifts. Once I was driving on Bissonet Street and a Cajun pickup--in those days the only Texans with pickups were cowboys who had a reason for having one--stopped in the middle of the street. Both doors flew open, one person jumped in the back, one in the back decided to drive, and I don't know what the other did. Then they did a U over the median.

Yeah, but weren't the cops for the MOB?

Wayfroy P. Jackson: 6' 6" 215 lbs. Wide Receiver. Hottest prospect in
the last 10 years! Loves music. He's demanding a mini-cassette player
in his helmet. Holds the World Record for the most "You Knows" during
an interview ( 62 in one minute ). Wayfroy can print his complete
name.

Cletis Quinticlitus Jenkins: 6' 3" 220 lbs. Running Back. Set State
scoring record out of Leroy High School, Plains, Ga. Also lead the
state in burglaries, but has only 9 convictions. He has been clocked
at 4.2 secs. doing a 40yd. dash with a 19" TV under each arm.

Roosevellt "Dude" Danzell: 6' 1" 195 lbs. Running Back, from West
Memphis, Ark. Has processed hair and imitates Billy Dee Williams very
well. Before he would sign the Letter of Intent we had to promise to
change the team colors to chartreuse and pink. Listed his Church
Preference as "red brick".

Woodrow Lee Washington: 6' 8" 310 lbs. Tackle. From a 3rd. generation
welfare family. At 19 he's the oldest of 21 children. Mother claims
that Woodrow and child #9 do have the same Father. He has a
manslaughter trial pending, but feels he will be found innocent
because the dude he killed said something bad "bout my Mama ". On his
questionnaire he listed his IQ as 20-20.

Willie "Nite Train" Smith: 6' 4" 225 lbs. Quarterback. Born on an
Amtrak Train somewhere near Chicago. Birth certificate indicates he is
27 yrs. old. Thinks the N on Nebraska helmets stands for "Nowledge",
but still meets our stringent entrance requirements. Insists on
wearing #12 on his jersey, since that was what he scored on his
College Entrance Exam.

Tyrone "Python" Peeples: 6' 10" 228 lbs. Wide Receiver. Has a pending
paternity suit and two rape trials, but hopes that none of the rest of
his victims will file formal charges. Tyrone has already signed
Letters of Intent with Miami, Chicago, Houston and Cleveland; but was
also willing to sign with us. Likes white women and Cadillacs. (Thinks
Taco-Bell is the Mexican Telephone Co.)

Abdul Hasheen Abba Ali: 6' 9" 305 lbs. Guard. Played High School ball
under the name Sylvester Luther King. Abdul thinks Sherlock Holmes is
a Housing Project in Jacksonville, Florida. Does not know the meaning
of the word "Fear". ( Does not know the meaning of many other words
either. )

Ivan Betinov wrote:I watched LSU take apart the Washington Huskies the other night and a thought occurred to me. Just out of curiosity, when your beloved Bayou Bengals travel out of state like that for a game, do their parole officers get to go with them?

(For all of you unwashed heatherns out there, it's football season in the SEC again. Oh, and I think the other conferences are playing something kind of like football too.)

Comrade Brain in a Jar.....

I am shocked to see this sort of Beloved Bayou Bengal Bias spewing from an otherwise progressive organ. I can only assume that you suffer from Tiger envy, and/or pull for a less equal SEC team. What less than equal team was it that you suffer for? Was it the winless Georgia bullshitters, or the soon to fall Alabama Roll Over Tide?

I can assure you that the Fighting Bayou Bengal Tigers of LSU are without blemish either morally or legally, and will rise to be the cream of the crop. Now I must admit I was a bit disappointed in the performance of our defense last week. The team was clearly a bit off due to the long trip and odd playing time. It was a challenge for yours truly to watch that game that didn't end till nearly 1 am Sunday morning. It also seems that Washington Huskies, a most honorable team mascot no doubt, came into the game well prepared and full of excitement to be on the same field with my Beloved Bayou Bengals. But alas, in the end were no match. It is interesting to see these other conferences feeble attempts to learn to play football as is played in the SEC, which as you know is the way God intended football to be played.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Willie "Nite Train" Smith: 6' 4" 225 lbs. Quarterback. Born on an
Amtrak Train somewhere near Chicago. Birth certificate indicates he is
27 yrs. old. Thinks the N on Nebraska helmets stands for "Nowledge",
but still meets our stringent entrance requirements. Insists on
wearing #12 on his jersey, since that was what he scored on his
College Entrance Exam.

Obviously you refer to a <snicker> "Big" 10 team....

I go to Middle Tenneessee State University (MTSU) so I have to pull for my school.

Now I must admit I was a bit disappointed in the performance of our defense last week. The team was clearly a bit off due to the long trip and odd playing time.

Making excuses already, eh?

No, just a bit unhappy with the defense that first game. I am beginning to feel a bit more comfortable with our QB, and wow, I sure loved it when they played our latest up and coming QB, the most sought after guy in the country last Sat. Ran 3 times and averaged more than 8 yards a carry. I expect good things from my boys this year. Not likely to go undefeated given we have to play both Florida, Alabama, and Ole Miss, but I bet we win 2 of the 3.