Academy of Hydraulic Arts and Sciences 2017 "Plummy Awards"

2017-Plummy-Awards.jpg
Results of the 2017 Academy of Hydraulic Arts and Sciences “Plummy Awards.”

2017 Awards for Best Service Technician:

• Outstanding Performance by a Master Plumber for "Strangers in a Drain"
  • Outstanding Performance by a Journeyman Plumber for "The Sewage Also Rises"
  • Outstanding Performance by a Plumber's Apprentice for "Back up on South Street"

The coveted 2017 Award for “Best Service Call”:

• “Plumbing Snakes on a Plane”
  • Honorable Mention — “Plumb and Plumber”

Other “Best Service Call” nominations:

• “Saving Ryan's Privy”
  • “The Perfect Storm Drain”

This year's awards show was beleaguered by accusations of #PlumbersSoWhite.

(with hat-tip to Oleg for his contributions)

Once again, Craptek's hopes dashed!

Maybe next year.

​I think the original post has missed some important categories -

• Best ​plumber's crack makeup in "Crack"
  • Best special effects in "Liquid Plumber"
  • Outstanding Wrench-handling in ​"Sump Pump Boulevard"

Other nominations:

• ​​Dances with Valves​
  • ​Tie Hard
  • The Silence of the​ ​​Vents
  • ​The Lord of the O-Rings
  • The Usual Gaskets
  • Singing' in the Drain
  • Ferris Bueller's Bidet Off

And finally, a special award for Outstanding Customer Satisfaction goes to Plumber Igor in "Some Like It When The Water Is Hot."

Komrad Oleg, those categories are judged in the Platinum Plungers Awards Program. Coverage coming soon.

Red Square wrote:​I think the original post has missed some important categories -

• Best ​plumber's crack makeup in "Crack"
  • Best special effects in "Liquid Plumber"
  • Outstanding Wrench-handling in ​"Sump Pump Boulevard"

Other nominations:

• ​​Dances with Valves​
  • ​Tie Hard
  • The Silence of the​ ​​Vents
  • ​The Lord of the O-Rings
  • The Usual Gaskets
  • Singing' in the Drain
  • Ferris Bueller's Bidet Off

And finally, a special award for Outstanding Customer Satisfaction goes to Plumber Igor in "Some Like It When The Water Is Hot."

The poster says Даешь, latinized Daesh. Does that mean that this man, who is raiding the bathroom for some love, is the original face of ISIS?

The guys in the toolroom have "wrench-envy". Plumber Igor is well equipped for servicing the People's tractor fleet.

Ivan the Stakhanovets
Best Actor ~ Operation Delta Faucet - Seal Renewal Day

Comrade Putout wrote:.
Ivan the Stakhanovets
Best Actor ~ Operation Delta Faucet - Seal Renewal Day

That's right kids, leave these things to the professionals, and don't try this at home!

Remember, anything you can do yourself is better with your neighborhood or school "Pizza" (You know who she is, and everybody gets a piece...) and Obamacare and PPP will cover the costs of her decisions because after, all she gots rights.

Seriously, it was just that one time, I did wear safety goggles and gloves. Safety first, you know. I'm actually ok, but it was close. And remember, the Interwebs never forget, so NO CAMERAS allowed EVER! Comrade Putout has revealed intimate personal information, but did it in the interest of public safety and the protection of youth, so I'll understand this time, but perhaps I'll deal with her one on one, privately, behind the tractor barn.
Image Kids, if you are tending your beets, keeping your shovels clean, and living off of Flatus Moo's school lunches, you don't have the time or energy for such things anyway. Lets be safe out there, and you too can grow up in the ways of Stakhanov! (just pause your game and search it on your Obamaphone, try Wikipedia, where the People's Cube used to be...)

Most Equal Komrads,

I feel the need to distribute information of a tangential nature.

During my misspent youth serving in our Glorious People's Air Force, we used to refer to a certain genre of cinematic entertainment euphemistically as "Hydraulic Training Films". Komrad Spezial K's most equal post reminded me of this.

Please resume your normal commenting.

Swirling in the Confluence of the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:...During my misspent youth serving in our Glorious People's Air Force, we used to refer to a certain genre of cinematic entertainment euphemistically as "Hydraulic Training Films".

Red Salmon
ImageIn the People's Army, I heard them called "gunnery films." Not that I ever had the requirement to watch any of them...

I had a comrade who was once in the People's Navy who spoke of "getting his ashes hauled." Is this related?

Given how quickly this thread has degenerated into a purely academic discussion, perhaps we will abstain from promoting Academy of Hydraulic Arts and Sciences awards in the future.

All professions are equal. If plumbing and filmmaking don't make the cut, there's always the bricklayers, teamsters, service employees, let alone government workers who can have just as important televised award ceremony as the Plummies or the Oscars.

In fact, here's the Golden Thumby - the Best Government Worker of the Year award. (Please be seated, Comrade Putout, no need to get so excited).

[img]/images/various_uploads/Fist_Golden_Thumby.jpg[/img]