Appropriation is for the Just...

A Glorious Leader knows when to take over a decadent capitalist *spit* ritual and show the way forward...

So go outside (after finishing your assigned duties, of course), find a four leaf beet, do as the proper authorities consider a proper way to celebrate & have a Happy "Sanctioned Takeover by the People Against Totalitarian Race Identity Celebrations of Knaves n' Serfs"s ™ Day...

RedMD_01-01.jpg

Come on, St. Patrick's is the only day Americans are allowed to indulge in ethnic stereotypes and an offensive caricature. Enjoy it while you can! For example, trying to dress up as a drunken Mexican peasant on Cinco de Mayo would get you denounced as a racist unless you're an actual drunken Mexican peasant, then you'll be celebrated for your diversity.

Red Square wrote:Come on, St. Patrick's is the only day Americans are allowed to indulge in ethnic stereotypes and an offensive caricature. Enjoy it while you can! For example, trying to dress up as a drunken Mexican peasant on Cinco de Mayo would get you denounced as a racist unless you're an actual drunken Mexican peasant, then you'll be celebrated for your diversity.

[ON]

How about...

...Blackface on MLK day?
...Gluing a zipper to your forehead and painting yourself yellow on Hug an Asian day?
...Flying the Soviet and/or Nazi flag on July 4th?
...Chopping your willy off and bitching to everybody around you on Women's day?
...Tossing napalm on and subsequently knocking down two identical Jenga towers on September 11th?
...Airdropping pennies on a March of Dimes event?
...Setting fire to a dairy on Ice Cream day?
...Drinking tea by the oil tanker and speaking in an English accent on July 3rd?
...Chugging five bottles of vodka and running around town in nothing but an Ushanka on October Revolution day?
...Tossing donuts and coffee at people during Police Week?
...Calling up the IRS and telling them to go fuck themselves on April 15th?
...Heckling a priest comedy club-style on Christmas Eve?
...Bombing a distillery on Repeal day?
...Protesting in front of Arlington Cemetery on V-E and/or V-J day?
...Giving an indian burn to your buddy on the Trail of Tears?

...Chugging five bottles of vodka and running around town in nothing but an Ushanka on October Revolution day?
Why wait for October?

Does "cultural appropriation" mean that British bands like the Rolling Stones and others have no right to play rock 'n' roll because it wasn't developed in their culture dominated by white privilege? Wait, doesn't that mean the entire British Invasion was illegal?

Also, wan't Irish Catholicism a cultural appropriation by St. Patrick of Christianity from the Romans, who appropriated it from the Greeks, who appropriated it from the Jews, who preemptively invented it to cover up their illegal occupation of Muslim lands before Muslims had a chance to organize into a Brotherhood?

And now you know the rest of the Current Truth.

Red Square wrote:Does "cultural appropriation" mean that British bands like the Rolling Stones and others have no right to play rock 'n' roll because it wasn't developed in their culture dominated by white privilege? [highlight=#ffff00]Wait, doesn't that mean the entire British Invasion was illegal?[/highlight]

Also, wan't Irish Catholicism a cultural appropriation by St. Patrick of Christianity from the Romans, who appropriated it from the Greeks, who appropriated it from the Jews, who preemptively invented it to cover up their illegal occupation of Muslim lands before Muslims had a chance to organize into a Brotherhood?

And now you know the rest of the Current Truth.

At this point, does it really matter? Plus, we put up a superior fight and forced them to retreat whenever our scientists figured out the Destructively Ionizing Super-Colliding Ordnance, or D.I.S.C.O., principle.

Oh, the infamous DISCO weapon of mass destruction! Truth be told, the British intelligence was involved in that as well, through their secret operatives known as the Bee Gees. In 1975 they were sent to Miami, FL (at colonel Eric Clapton's suggestion) as spies with a mission to develop and produce the notorious Miami sound, which jammed and drowned out all other sounds for years to come.

What may sound like a plot of an Austin Powers movie, is in fact a grim reality of international espionage and subversion.

Bee_Gees_Before_After.jpg

And speaking of appropriating various multicultural traditions, we have a Cuban restaurant in my area, where food is somewhat influenced by the Russian cuisine, which was popularized by the Castro regime in Cuba and was later transferred in this mixed form to Florida when the owner's parents fled to the US.

But this is not the only culturally curious thing about it. Look at the menu. I didn't know marrying one's own mother was a very old, Latin style favorite.

(Sorry for the poor quality snapshot; I took it with my phone right before the waiter yanked the menu from me).

Mother_Wife_Spanish_Menu.jpg

Red Square wrote:And speaking of appropriating various multicultural traditions, we have a Cuban restaurant in my area, where food is somewhat influenced by the Russian cuisine, which was popularized by the Castro regime in Cuba and was later transferred in this mixed form to Florida when the owner's parents fled to the US.

But this is not the only culturally curious thing about it. Look at the menu. I didn't know marrying one's own mother was a very old, Latin style favorite.

(Sorry for the poor quality snapshot; I took it with my phone right before the waiter yanked the menu from me).

Mother_Wife_Spanish_Menu.jpg

[OFF]

I'm not sure if you're joking, but I think what the owner meant was that his mother baked it, but now his wife bakes it. Probably just a "lost in translation" sort of thing. If you're joking then I rescind my previous two sentences.

Also, RE: your previous Cinco de Mayo comment:

I confess.

I culturally appropriated the Irish yesterday. I drank green beverages (more than one made with tequila, and multiples of many made of barley/hops), I ate corned beef, and green foods including but not limited to celery, pistachio nuts, spinach dip, and broccoli; and I even wore a green hat.

In my own defense, I did not insert an "O' " in front of my last name, dye my hair red, or at any time use a "Sean Connery" accent that cannot be done well.

I'll report to Jiffy-Lobo if the room ever stops spinning.

That's OK, I myself changed my name for a day to O'Legg.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:I confess.

I culturally appropriated the Irish yesterday. I drank green beverages (more than one made with tequila, and multiples of many made of barley/hops), I ate corned beef, and green foods including but not limited to celery, pistachio nuts, spinach dip, and broccoli; and I even wore a green hat.

[highlight=#ffff00]In my own defense, I did not insert an "O' " in front of my last name, dye my hair red, or at any time use a "Sean Connery" accent that cannot be done well.[/highlight]

I'll report to Jiffy-Lobo if the room ever stops spinning.

Ivan, do you have any Irish blood in you? Because if you do, I have a belief that it is your right to do such things for at most one day. Except dye your hair red, that's no good.

Red Square wrote:...For example, trying to dress up as a drunken Mexican peasant on Cinco de Mayo would get you denounced as a racist unless you're an actual drunken Mexican peasant, then you'll be celebrated for your diversity.

Well, to be fair, dressing up as a drunken mexican peasant in MexiComm is a sure way to get an arse kicking by the state's authorities any day of the year... They really hate peasants, or mexicans for that matter.

Though I must say that the use of the term "appropriation" seems to be a purely bred American phenomenon, maybe spreading on to Europe slowly but steadily. In Latin America, the use (and abuse) of foreign cultural elements is fair game, even the ones mentioned by Comrade Stierlitz. But, if another country does it, specially a developed one, then it's an affront to the national pride and it should be condemned as a Crime Against Humanity ™ (like an Australian show using sombreros, mustaches and mock flags as props, some British TV programme making fun of a mexican produced car or whatever).

Now, Cubans marrying their mothers, that's one part of Fidel's Revolution that you don't hear about...