Bob Dylan Concert in China

Bob Dylan performs ''Maggie's Farm'' at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California in this February 13, 2011 file photo. Credit: Reuters/Lucy Nicholson

Bob Dylan gets rapturous reception at China concert

Wed Apr 6, 2011 1:09pm EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - Counter-culture hero and 1960s protest singer Bob Dylan got a rapturous welcome from fans on Wednesday at his first gig in China, despite agreeing to sing an approved set so as not to offend political sensitivities.

How could Bob Dylan sing anything that might offend the Chinese government? What could be so offensive to Bob Dylan in a Free and Just Workers Paradise like China to cause him to do so?

I'm befuddled. For one thing, the government of the Workers' Paradise finds offense in very little; their skin is almost as thick as Obama's. For another, I don't recall Comrade Dylan ever singing anything the least bit politicial in nature.

Counter-culture hero and 1960s protest singer Bob Dylan got a rapturous welcome from fans on Wednesday at his first gig in China, despite agreeing to sing an approved set so as not to offend political sensitivities.

Approved set also including Lang Lang's favorite fight song, "My Motherland". How can "Mr. Intonation" go wrong?

I did not know he knew Chinese? How does Blow'n the Wind song in Chinese???

Comrade Judge,

Could it have been done by movements and gestures?

A possibility.

Here is Bobbie, Bob Dylan's twin sister. She is blowing. But the question remains, what does the blowing sound like in Chinese?? 吹,吹,吹??

(what??!! THAT IS NOT MR. DYLAN!! THAT IS A FEMALE UNION!!. Really??? oh my...
.)

Judge Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:Here is Bobbie, Bob Dylan's twin sister. She is blowing. But the question remains, what does the blowing sound like in Chinese?? 吹,吹,吹??

Fraulein,

Only Bill Klinton would know for sure.