Boycott of EXXON That Tony Doesn't Get, Being Tony

Rejoice fellow humans!!!!!!!

I have news of the revolution on the university front. An ally simply known as "The last real member of S.C.U.M." received this email:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a great idea guys. I would love to see what happens if we actually attempted this.

- Jaime Gayfield

> GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work.
>
> This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came
> from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.
> It ' s worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to
> hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!!
> Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,
> united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.~
>
> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
> campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies
> just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt"
> ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to
> us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea,

> has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join
> with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about
> $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular
> unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations
> have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP

> at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that

> BUYERS control the marketplace ... not sellers.
>
> With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need
> to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come

> down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
> gas!
> And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely
> on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact
> on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
>
> Here's the idea: ... For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY
> gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and

> MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to
> reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies
> will have to follow suit.
>
> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
> and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at
> this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
> millions of people. I am sending this note to 30 people.
> If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send

> it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time
> the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached
> over THREE MILLION consumers.
>
> If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
> each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
> If it goes one level further, you guessed it ... THREE HUNDRED
> MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
> That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and
> all you have to do is send this to 10 people. Well, let's face it, you

> just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)
>
> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
> ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
> could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you

> didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>
> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
> please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from
> EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
> THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
>
> Thank you,
> Mark Scambray
> 949-363-8288 - Office
> 949-363-6033 - Fax
> 949-636-1255 - Cell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is call for all sane people to stop using Mobil and Exxon. In fact it would be even better if people purchased from Citgo. That is the only gasoline company that is actually fighting poverty. It is the brave work of Hugo Chavez and his minions that will save the day!!!!!

However, there was evil in the works. A corporate Lil Eichmann showed his true colors as an maniacal and sadistic capitalist schill:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue 4/18/2006 5:36 PM
To: Gayfield, Jaime Ann (UMSL-Student); Berry-Austin, Sally Christine (UMSL-Student); Berry, Allyssa Leigh (UMC-Student); Berry, Julie Lynne (UMSL-Student); Adekola, Adegbite Olanrewaju (UMSL-Student); Anderson, Tony; Appaji, Prathima P.; Ayler, Amy Dawn (UMKC-Student); Aziz, Ahmer (UMSL-Student); Bretz, Andrew Patrick (UMSL-Student); Broadnax, Angela M. (UMSL-Student); Gibler, Ame Charmaine (UMSL-Student); Gleason, Andrea Michelle (UMKC-Student); Hanson, Amber A (UMKC-Student); Heard, Amanda J (UMSL-Student); Iver, Angela M (UMSL-Student); Johnston, Andrea Nicole (UMSL-Student); Lamar, Andy; Lancaster, Ashley Lynnette (UMKC-Student); Gambaro, Anna C (UMSL-Student); Mongknonvilay, Anny (UMKC-Student); Moroz, Alla (UMSL-Student); Mujanic, Amela (UMSL-Student); Patino, Alexander Lucretius (UMSL-Student); Ragan, Amanda Lee (UMSL-Student); Rougemont, Amanda Jane (UMSL-Student); Sanford, Amanda Catherine (UMSL-Student); Schaper, Angela Marie (UMSL-Student); Smith, Angela Marie (UMSL-Student); Somers, Andrea M. (UMKC-Student); Stuecken, Amanda M (UMSL-Student); Vo, Amanda M (UMSL-Student); Zerrer, Amber Gail (UMSL-Student); Wiederholt, Amy Marie (UMKC-Student); Burns, Adam Joseph (UMSL-Student); Burns, Allan Joseph (UMR-Student); Burns, Allyson Michelle (UMSL-Student); Burns, Amanda Nicole (UMKC-Student); Burns, Andrea J (UMC-Student); Burns, Carl F.; Burns, Clement Ryan (UMC-Student); Burns, David A; Burns, Diane Lynn (UMSL-Student); Burns, Gwen Jeannine (UMC-Student); Burns, Heather Lynn (UMSL-Student); Burns, Henry Francis (UMSL-Student); Burns, Jami Nicole; Burns, Jamie Michelle (UMSL-Student); Burns, Jeffrey Joseph (UMKC-Student)
Subject: RE: GAS WAR PLAN!

Please take me off your mailing list. First of all this email is completely absurd, because the petroleum companies aren't completely to blame for the abnormal prices. First of all, compare the cost of petro in respect to inflation. https://auto.howstuffworks.com/gas-price1.htm You will find a logical explanation for the cost of gasoline in that link. On page two you will see where the cost goes into a gallon of gasoline. Or if you prefer you can look at this link:

Price of gasoline is inflated but not as much as we are lead to believe.Prices will go up but not so much to validate "Chicken Little" behavior.

While it is true that demand does pay a big part in determining the price in a good; it is also important to look at the supply. There is less petroleum to go around. These days countries like India and China are finding more and more car owners. With more car owners in the world the available supply of petro will be less. Another cause of reduced supply is turmoil in Nigeria and Iraq. These are two of the top producers of petroleum in the world. Of course, you can blame OPEC for high gas prices. They have been known to play with the price of oil by reducing production. However, it is more fun to bash the American corporate "Lil Eichmanns".

Tony
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remember the name, so we can black list him. In the end, it may not be needed, because a brave woman stood up to him and used reason and knowledge to beat the oponent to oblivion:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wed 4/19/2006 12:30 PM
To: Arakkal, Anthony A. (UMSL-Student)

Your name says it all. You are clearly wrong!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The capitalist fiend was not be outdone.

Sent: Wed 4/19/2006 2:43 PM
To: Burns, Gwen Jeannine (UMC-Student)

Gwen,

Nice job of refuting my points rationally.

Tony

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But by the grace of Che Guevara she was able to put him under foot!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wed 4/19/2006 9:17 PM
To: Arakkal, Anthony A. (UMSL-Student)

Tony,
You are quite welcome. Perhaps it's my years of MU doctoral training!

Damn that white male was bitch slapped!!!!!!! He was not down for the count....

Sent: Wed 4/19/2006 9:47 PM
To: Burns, Gwen Jeannine (UMC-Student)

Gwen

Nice, I studied at University of Illinois and SLU. I am working on my CPA requirements. Some of us have to work while we study. Anyway, what are you studying? Clearly I am a little biased because my father got his MBA at University of Chicago,and he has studied under Nobel Prize winning economists there. Needless to say he passed down his information to me. So forgive this corporate Lil Eichmann if I disagree with you. It is good to see the other kind of liberal trying to use "reason" and not condescension to argue.

Tony

It was later revealed that People's champion was working for a doctorate in education. She was currently teaching fifth graders. When Tony heard this news, he quickly jumped into his IROC to go to the local Walgreens to buy Olive Oil to maintain the nice greasy composition in his hair that all Tonys like. He knew he was beaten. There was nothing left to do but accept defeat.

Anyway, I learned the originator of the first email works here:
https://www.standardstructures.com/contactus.html

I was a little disappointed that someone that was in Sales would hate profiteering. But after much deliberation, I understand why. He hates the idea of taking advantage of people to make money. While working his way up the corporate ladder he is dismantling the machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes. We need to be more progressive like Spain. The Spanish government is fighting for the rights of primates. They are trying to make it so they have the exact same rights as humans!!!!! First we were able to snag "The Sexual Harrassment Panda". Now, we are able to take to another level by including all primates into the revolution!!!!!!!

https://www.speroforum.com/site/article ... ticle=3385

Comrade Che,

I recieved a similar transmission a month ago. We found it strange, because the Soviet hasn't sent us a petrol ration since 1963. So I responded to the person who forwarded the email and they said the Soviet Union fell in 1988. Could this be true? I Gulaged it but all i got were photos of Sophia Unan.

If this boycott actually works, its organizers will then move on and try to quit buying their dope from one particular drug dealer. By the same logic he must reduce the price to survive on the market - and that would make other drug dealers follow suit. Hurray! Dope will finally be so cheap, even a first grader will afford it and still have some of the lunch money left!

After all, oil is nothing but just another drug to which America is addicted - even Bush said so.

Just don't boycott drugs
Red Square wrote:If this boycott actually works, its organizers will then move on and try to quit buying their dope from one particular drug dealer. By the same logic he must reduce the price to survive on the market...

Nah, this won't work. We tried to boycott our dealer on campus but most comrades in the conspiracy weren't used to delayed gratification. They started buying dope from the guy anyway, apologizing and paying even more because he was now overcharging them to recover his losses. We are now paying him double of what we used to.

Blame the system! Smash capitalist market economy! I know there's Bush's fault in it somewhere, I just feel a little tired today to think further than writing one paragraph.

RE: GAS WAR PLAN!
Your name says it all. You are clearly wrong!

Tony -

There is a trend to assign moral authority to people with more politically correct names. A Tony must be an Italian dude with a flashy gas-guzzling car - so of course a Tony is by definition incapable of understanding the nuances of liberal grievances, open-mindedness, inclusiveness, and opposition to any prejudices.

But someone named Ibrahim or Shakeisha would be harder to argue with. You just can't dismiss their arguments with "Your name says it all" comment. The most trustworthy person I can think of would be named Ernesto (I would trust my trust fund to anyone called Ernesto). And, of course, the easiest target of progressive scorn and ridicule would be a person named Dick.

There is a trend to assign moral authority to people with more politically correct names. A Tony must be an Italian dude with a flashy gas-guzzling car - so of course a Tony is by definition incapable of understanding the nuances of liberal grievances, open-mindedness, inclusiveness, and opposition to any prejudices.

My barber is an Italian named Tony....

What luck? A county in the heart of oil country is following the ban!!!!This must work.

But what is this?!!!!! Exxon and Mobil lie to the people.

"But Exxon Mobil, which made $36 billion in profits last year, said supply and demand are mainly responsible for the high gas prices and pointed out that only about 13,000 of the country's 170,000 gas stations have the Exxon or Mobil brand. And all but about 1,000 of those are owned by franchisees, the company said."

We must double our efforts to purchase petrol from only Citgo. That way I and my partner Generalisimo El Kabong can join Hugo Chavez in the fight to find the CIA operatives known as "Moose" and "Squirrel" that are trying to destabilize the Venezuelan government and prevent poverty to be vanquished. Oh yes, they are rumored to be the real killers of Ronald Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson!!!!!!!

wlhtrain
This needs to go further than just the gas. DO NO BUY ANYTHING at an Exxon / Mobil station. There needs to be no income for these facilities. That is what will start the corporate monkeys to notice something is coming. This must be national and EVERYONE must participate. Having worked in Mobil and helped develop part of their revenue reporting systems, I know that this can work and will get noticed in a short time. But, people must follow through and not just think about it. Buy your gas anywhere but Exxon / Mobil. To up the ante, add Shell / Texaco to the list. Wal-Mart will kill them selves trying to make up the difference!