Brilliant! Los Angeles cleans up its walls.

Fellow comrades,
I was informed today by a fellow comrade (who if he or she want to identify themselves, they will do it in the comment thread) a fabulous story from LA.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/around-tow ... 74982.html

NBC story wrote:
Looking to prevent your home from becoming atagger's canvas? The city of LA has a plan that asks homeowners topitch in or pay -- whether they want to or not.
Allnew buildings in Los Angeles -- including homes -- must haveanti-graffiti coating under an ordinance approved unanimously by theCity Council on Tuesday.

That's right, we force the residence to coat their house in anti-graffiti coating. That or they pay a fine, but either way, it would beautify the city!

(off)
Yeah, make the victims pay money to paint their house with the coating, or pay a fine. As oppose to making stricter laws against graffiti or loosening gun control laws.

I'm with Hank Hill on this one, "I hope I never see LA!"

Comrade Commissar, thank you for posting this, and protecting my identity from those who are jealous of my office. However, I think I can take credit for passing this along to you this one time.

Meanwhile, I must denounce LA for not only punishing the victim, but also by not providing tax payer subsidies to pay for this mandated paint. Clearly minorities will suffer!

{off}
Maybe they should require women to wear chastity belts too, in order to prevent rape.

We are made progs here, and so it is our custom to blame the victim.

So what are you bitching about?

Oh, L.A. is a such a pristine city in every other way. Clean living, considerate and polite people, and low unemployment and crime. Grafitti? That's a minor issue. These are just a minority of wayward children. They are no reflection at all of any cultural flaws. Kudos to L.A., a model city for all to emulate.

I stayed in the London West Hollywood, a redone hotel, just off Sunset Boulevard. The hotel was superlative--Gordon Ramsey restaurant, and yes it was very good indeed. But all I had to do was sit on the balcony and see all sort of homeless people, Bush victims to a person, and I even though I felt guilty that my car automatically locks the doors when I drive off, I was glad for it.

Don't turn me in.

Comrade Theocritus,

Now, that's a true prog. And what are we having today for lunch? I'll have the guilt pasta, but let's start with the anti-guilt salad. It is organically grown, and picked by union farm labor is it not? I wouldn't feel right if it was picked by non-union labor. I might feel guilty eating it, and you wouldn't want me to feel guilty, would you?

I denounce the city of LA for denying it's youth the opportunity to showcase the diversity of their art. And must I also add, it's RACIST.

Leninka, I have to denounce Gordon Ramsey. There was not a single tofu dish, and there were two ways to have foie gras. I had foie gras with deep fried tongue. And I had sweetbreads. And I didn't see a single disadvantaged waiter there. In fact everyone was pleasant and good looking.

And I'll tell you a place never to go in Texas. Don't go to the Driskill Grill in the Driskill Hotel in Austin. They age their steaks three weeks; you can get three kinds of caviar, and the waiters, in fact all the male staff, is so drop-dead good looking, and friendly, that you know that they do not believe in diversity.

There ought to have been at least one Gollum. Whom I've never see, but even if he looked like Tom Selleck in 1982 he'd look like Gollum.

Colonel 7.62 wrote:Comrade Commissar, thank you for posting this, and protecting my identity from those who are jealous of my office. However, I think I can take credit for passing this along to you this one time.

Meanwhile, I must denounce LA for not only punishing the victim, but also by not providing tax payer subsidies to pay for this mandated paint. Clearly minorities will suffer!

{off}
Maybe they should require women to wear chastity belts too, in order to prevent rape.
You are welcome Colonel, I always assume people want their identities hidden in circumstances like these.

(off)
That or require men to be castrated (ALL men) to prevent rape.
Mebe force cars to drive only so fast, so as to prevent car accidents.
Put rubber gloves on electrical plug ins (as in a glove melted onto the chord, already with the protective coating) to prevent electricity.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:I denounce the city of LA for denying it's youth the opportunity to showcase the diversity of their art. And must I also add, it's RACIST.
Image This is just a brilliant observation Whoopie. The youth after all, will eventually vote democratic. (That's not to say though we throw out the senior citizens though).

We need to preserve their art, just like we preserve the work of Andres Serrano.

Yes, preserve the art of Andres Serrano.

But we do need to worry about the AARP. They are a hugely progressive organization and the geezers all belong to it--well, some don't. I'm eligible and don't. What happens when Obamacare starts rationing geezer health care and the geezers start dying? Then they can't vote.

Do! Silly me. Necroproxy voters! How could I, of all people, forget? In fact I think we ought to have a law making is possible for a geezer to will his or her vote to someone, say, an institution. Part of end-of-life counseling, which the Rethuglicans call death panels, would be to suggest that if the senior willed his vote to say ACORN then he might be jumped up in line a few places for that heart work which he wouldn't get otherwise.

It is an unwritten but unbreakable rule of life that the collective wisdom of politicians tends toward idiocy. Several years ago, the People's Republic of Corzania (aka New Jerky) passed a law regarding confiscation of drugs. Any individual who came into posession of any illegal drug by any means would be obliged to turn it in to the authorities. Sounds sort of reasonable surface. But one of the ramifications of the bill as someone explained, is this example: if you're sitting at a ballgame or some other, public venue, and the guy on your left hands you a lit joint and asks you to pass it to the guy on your right, it is illegal for you to do so! Your obligation under the law is to grab the joint and run to the nearest police officer and hand it to him! I had to laugh when I read it. The image that popped into my mind is this little old guy sitting between the Incredible Hulk and Hulk Hogan at a ballgame, and one Hulk hands him a joint to pass to the other Hulk. As far as I know, this is still on the books.

I used to think it was just New Jerky but now I realize there must be a subconscious stupidity that emerges when people obtain any kind of power.

Image I am still laughing, because I don't want to cry, over the RICO statutes. I know they're used to get drug dealers, but here in West Texas, and elsewhere, they're a license for legal theft by police.

Mexicans, from the old country, often pool their money and come into Texas and buy old farm equipment, take it back and rehab it. Win/win. But what is a Mexican doing with $10,000? Obviously it's <i>drug</i> money. The cops give a receipt for "An undetermined amount of money," and the victim has to post 10% of its value--when it was all he had--to contest it. How much of that "undetermined money" makes it back? And the swag that does make it back is used by government.

A black man took cash to Florida to buy tropical plants for his landscaping business. They stole it from him. A Florida sheriff thought that any Mexican or Cuban with more than $100 obviously got it illegally.

This inflames me.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Image Mexicans, from the old country, often pool their money and come into Texas and buy old farm equipment, take it back and rehab it. Win/win. But what is a Mexican doing with $10,000? Obviously it's <i>drug</i> money. The cops give a receipt for "An undetermined amount of money," and the victim has to post 10% of its value--when it was all he had--to contest it. How much of that "undetermined money" makes it back? And the swag that does make it back is used by government.

A black man took cash to Florida to buy tropical plants for his landscaping business. They stole it from him. A Florida sheriff thought that any Mexican or Cuban with more than $100 obviously got it illegally.

This inflames me.
(off)
Abe Lincoln put it beautifully, "Any man can stand up to adversity, but if you want to really test a man, give him power."