US Capitol Dome restoration: a new look for a new age

Capitol_Dome_of_Rock_Design.jpg
WASHINGTON -- A new design of the Capitol Building - a project spearheaded by the President himself - was unveiled today by the Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, who was accompanied by President Obama and Sec. of State John Kerry.

Harry Reid was given this honor as a lifetime achievement award in light of his upcoming retirement. The President proudly pointed his finger upwards as he received a standing applause from the Democratic Senate and Congress members.

Once the applause ceased the President began to speak:

"Our nuclear agreements with Iran have ushered in a new era of friendship and peace between the Middle East and the United States. The new look of the Capitol Building points at the new political direction that we as a nation will embark on. The old dome was a symbol of white supremacy that dominated our racist, war-mongering nation, similar to the Swastika or the Confederate and Gadsden flags. There is no better symbol of hope for the future than to replace those reminders of a bygone era with the likeness of the Dome of the Rock, the very heart and soul of our new cultural and political allies."

As the President's words were met with a roar of applause, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was seen shedding uncontrollable tears of joy.

Once the applause died down, the President continued:

"This new dome signifies a new beginning for our nation and our new attitudes. It shows our embrace of other ideals and our open mind towards other cultures and ways of life. It is a shining symbol of our rejection of Islamophobia, discrimination, and hate peddled by the uneducated bigots with Stone-Age ideas, who are nothing more than pent-up Muslims themselves. This is not just an effort to appease Iran - this is the new face of a new nation. Together with other Muslim nations we will continue to march side by side towards a brighter and more diverse future."

John Kerry completed the ceremony by saying, "This is a big victory for not only the United Stated but the world. Our current effort to sweeten a relationship between two peace-loving nations is proof that nothing can ever possibly go wrong."

Deconstruction of the old dome has been scheduled to begin June 1st, 2015. Construction of the new dome is scheduled to begin on September 11th of the same year with an opening ceremony that will be attended by Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran and Hassan Rouhani, the President of Iran.

Comrade Chedoh, hearty congratulations. Here in Obamanation, life imitates art so often that I can no longer tell which of your postings are facetious and which are factual.

I heard that John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were proclaiming that the President would never be allowed to make such radical changes to the Capitol right before they voted to fund the renovations.

I see two small blueprints for the minarets, where the prettiest sound on Earth will bark from.

RedDiaperette wrote:Where will the minarets be placed?
The word is out that the Washington Monument will be renovated for that very purpose...

Comrades, comrades, comrades! We need a more bulbous structure like:

phallic-titular-mosque.jpg

Both Phallic and Titular at the same time...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS?!?!

More then once it seems!

What were you attempting to explain again, Comrade?

Did that cock just say titular?

I never saw his beak move...