Change Means More of the Same

Surprise! Obama expands renditions
by Ed Morrissey

For the last seven years, the Left has screeched hysterically over the CIA practice of rendition, in which agents turn detainees over to authorities in their home country for interrogation. Never mind that the practice started in the Clinton administration, and never mind that the other options were Guantanamo Bay, release, or two caps in the back of the head; they pilloried Bush over renditions as if he'd thought them up himself. Hollywood even made a movie about how awful the process is, apparently matched in awfulness only by the film's box office. Barack Obama exploited that outrage when he promised Hope and ChangeTM, and the Left squealed with joy over the Brave New Obama World in national security. Now they'll have to squeal again as Obama has had a sudden revelation as President that renditions are more necessary than ever, if the CIA can't hold these subjects at Gitmo or its own secret sites.

Praise Obama! He Who Makes No Mistakes, and Does All Correct! Truly then, rendition is The Way(tm) The Hope(tm) and The Change(tm).

Nyet, the word "rendition" is hereby changed to repatriation. The word torture is changed to interrogation. Waterboarding is changed to adult swim. Ah, change is in the air comrades! Please inform the Party Organs, ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/MSNBC/NYT etc of the changes.

Indeed comrades, Dear Leader has just blessed us all with a new current truth. And to quote Penn Gillette "Hypocrisy is good, it doubles your chance of being right."

Comrades, Oceania is at war with Eurasia; citizens must force themselves to "remember" that they have always been at war with Eurasia....

Oooops, sorry, tuned the telescreen to the wrong Fearless Leader for a second. Here is the correct broadcast: "I was for it before I was against it. Before I was for it." -John Kerry -Barack Obama

And "this week was next week last week" --B. Bunny

I...Uh... Uh... Well... Uh... Mime-swipe!

An actual registered PROGRESSIVE user at Politico.com wrote:
Same Republican spin twit Steele forget it Obama already told the nation what is wrong in Washington----Obama through campaign and still talks only about issues economy--Republicans are a soap oper only slander --run done others morals characters their all wrong etc. Repulblicans opened day one Bush took office the revolving door to rich lobbyist---banks etc. Reducing interest rates to 4% Repuiblicans will not work only if we have jobs---WE HAVE NO JOBS, NO JOBS, NO JOBS---interest rate can be 2% if you have NO JOBs, NO JOBs who is going to "lend" to you or get a morgage---god how stupid is stupid! Tax cuts will not do republicans you did it---DID NOT WORK --ONLY MADE THE RICH LOBBYIST RICHER AND THEY STILL TOOK OUR JOBS TO CHINA!

Yeah! They, uh, still took our jobs to China and, uh, and low interest rates, too!

Same as the Old Boss?

PBS Commentator: Obama Is ‘First True American President'

PBS's Emmy-winning commentator John Ridley doesn't think the first 43 U.S. presidents were “true” Americans.

In a segment that aired on PBS station KCET in Los Angeles on Jan. 22, Ridley, an African-American, declared:

“Every president to hold office has espoused some version of Americanism … But for all their grand rhetoric, and mostly good deeds, none was able to seal the deal on the trifecta of equality, plurality and socioeconomic ascendancy.

“Obama has. Obama is the more perfect union. He is a house united. Obama is the new generation and the hot light of a dawn that goes way beyond clever phraseology of ‘Morning in America.'

“Quite simply, quite plainly, just by virtue of his being, Obama is America, and the first true American to lead our nation.”

newsmax.com

Gosh, if that was on PBS, it must be true, eh?

Yes Opiate, it's true. My favorite; "just by virtue of his being".

Comrades,

Did not this Mr. Morrissey coin the phrase "Obama dozed, (white) people froze" in reference to all those bitter, Bible-thumping, gun-clutching, xenophobic, small town KYers? Perhaps it was another reactionary.

Lobbyist "Change" You Can Believe In:

Obama's Lobbyist Ban Meets a Loophole: William Lynn
(Time)

Obama softens ban on hiring lobbyists (The Boscow Globe)

Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money (USSA Today)
<br>Everything Obama says and promises makes sense if one understands that, to Obama, "change" means "the same damn thing."

In today's free sample of Tokyo Newspaper (東京新聞) shoved in my mailbox, I skimmed through it but stopped to see the political comic, a vertical two-panel deal:

Top: Obama, smiling on stage, as people cheer: オバマ! ("Obama!")

Bottom: Obama, head hung low, as people jeer:オバカ! ("Obaka!" ("Fool!"))

Heresy!