Chris Matthews for Beet of the Week

Leave it to Chris Matthews to make the *perfect* comparison.

Brad Wimouth at Newsbusters.org wrote: Matthews: Bush Family Like the Romanovs, Obama May Join ‘Oratorical Mt. Rushmore'

By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)

January 20, 2009 - 15:00 ET

During Tuesday morning's inaugural coverage on MSNBC, Chris Matthews twice compared the Bush family to the Romanovs as he contended that the Bushes are now likely to go into hiding because of President Bush's unpopularity: "It's going to be like the Romanovs, too, and I mean that. There's a sense here that they are fallen from grace, that they're not popular, that the whole family will now go into retreat." Even liberal Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson had to call him out on the exaggeration as it sounds like he says in the background that "it didn't happen exactly like the Romanovs," referring to the overthrow and execution of the Russian royal family after the Bolshevik communists seized power in 1917. [Snip]

Full article: https://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2009/01/20/matthews-bush-family-romanovs-obama-may-join-oratorical-mt-rushmore

This man must become Pennsylvania's next senator.

PEOPLE'S UPDATE - Chris Matthews is working hard for that beet, Comrades!

Sarah Palin reading!? Ha! All Sarah Palin is good for is pooping out babies and slaving in the kitchen, Chris!

Oh yes, I like this. I like the idea of the Bushes being just like the Romanovs.

Just wait until Bloody Dubya goes for a ride on his bicycle. I'm going to poke a stick in the spokes to make him fall off. That'll be a riot. Then we can ship them off north to where the ice caps are melting. Let HIM find out how the poor polar bears feel!

Then one night, we'll wake them up because the Whites are on their way to free them (we all know how much Bush hates Blacks, just ask Andrew Yu-Jen Wang, but only after you cancel the rest of your day's appointments) and put them on a ship to Saudi Arabia, where they'll spend the rest of their lives in exile with their friends in the royal family.

But instead we'll tell Bush there's a tornado coming, so they have to take shelter in the storm cellar. He's from Texas and he's stupid, so he'll fall for it. Down to the cellar they go. We tell them to line up on one side of the cellar because we need to take their passport photos before they can be allowed into Saudi Arabia.

Then, when I give the signal, we start throwing shoes!

If we're lucky, Laura and the twins will be wearing smuggled White House china sewn into their unmentionables. The shoes will break the china into little bits and OUCH! I'll bet that'll hurt!

I'm going to run around and proclaim myself the missing Bush twin and sole inheritor of the Bush fortune, Pinkie.

Which one? Because I was thinking of pretending to be Jenna. Barbara makes my butt look big.

And we have to be able to fool their grandmother into handing over her pearls.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Which one? Because I was thinking of pretending to be Jenna. Barbara makes my butt look big.

And we have to be able to fool their grandmother into handing over her pearls.

I'll be Babs, Pinkie. Her hubby is kulak royalty here in the People's Commonwealth and is loaded.

As the former Spiritual Advisor to the Romanovs (yes I'm that old, a miracle of Soviet science) I am appalled at the comparison.

[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]"It's going to be like the Romanovs, too, and I mean that." [/HIGHLIGHT] It is? Is this what we're going to do now? Yank our former elected officials and their families out of bed and shoot them? How about sitting officials? Then who?

I understand the comparison and the reason he made it. He was reflecting the general mood of the public, but for some it's an actual hatred of the Bush Family. There are blog sites recommending not only the prosecution of former Pesident Bush, but his execution!

Sorry for the rant comrades. Touchy subject for me.

Grigori E.R. wrote:I understand the comparison and the reason he made it. He was reflecting the general mood of the public, but for some it's an actual hatred of the Bush Family. There are blog sites recommending not only the prosecution of former Pesident Bush, but his execution!

Image Brought to you by the same folks who spent several years in the late 90s crying and wailing about all the "poor innocent victims" Bush had (apparently personally) executed while Texas governor. Perhaps some of the same enlightened folks who stood vigil when Stanley "Tookie" Williams was executed? Possibly the people who ran around decrying the execution of Sadaam Hussein as "sick"?
The same people who show up at execution vigils and "peace protests" wearing shirts and carrying signs and banners with the visage of Che Guevara, a man who reveled in murdering others and spreading death and war?

Yep, in the discombobulated thinking of the modern American left, it's wretchedly cruel to execute someone for willfully and sadistically murdering innocents but perfectly acceptable to demand the execution of a former president because he took legal, defendable actions to protect his country and free oppressed people from nightmarish tyranny.

Image And another point. Matthews is a damnable embarrassment. The only thing that keeps the bloated sack of crap from being the biggest joke in mainstream broadcast journalism is that his cellmates are Keith Olbermann and Rachael Maddow. I find it amusing that MSNBC had a huge ratings jump this year because they became an extension of The One's propaganda apparatus. And yet, they STILL suck and are barely making it! What happens when all those libtards who tuned in simply to be reassured go back to their regular mind-numbed, disconnected lives? Hopefully, the rating go right back in the crapper, where they belong.

Watching Matthews swoon like a junior-high school girl over a celebrity crush is equal parts nauseating and funny and for pretty much the same reasons. Obama is like the Leif Garrett of politics (or substitute another now forgotten, talentless, manufactured teeny bopper idol of your choice) and Matthews is like that pathetic creepy kid who gets some national attention by being being his "biggest, bestest fan!".

Excellent analogy, M, using Leif Garrett. I don't recall seeing him anywhere except in the teenybopper magazines, and I never did figure out what he was supposed to be or why; nor could I find anyone else who might know.

He just was.

Comrades, as I have stated, the Bush family is safely established in Special Gulag 17 to be used as the Party needs in the coming years. Please do not try and contact the criminal, he is currently being "interviewed" by my elite security services, and of course, on a specially devised course of medication to make his adjustment tolerable. After all, when we start filming the Bush criminal, we can not have him looking like the caged animal that he is.

ImageMy boss, a certified liberal, a gay psychologist, author, and card carrying member of the ACLU and Amnesty International, is certain that Bush will be tried for his war crimes and trampling of the constitution. The more I think about it, I hope they succeed. Why? Because perhaps that would be the sort of outrage necessary to bring out the troops. I can even imagine Texas finally pulling their long held legal option to secede from the Union rather than allow such an outrage. I am certifiable I guess, but I really think we need a major shake up to ever see at least some of this country to return to the sort of values that this country was built on. Secede Now!

Chairman, I forgot to add, it is wonderful to see you somewhat sobered up and active again. How is Helen these days?

Marshal Pupovich wrote: ImageMy boss, a certified liberal, a gay psychologist, author, and card carrying member of the ACLU and Amnesty International, is certain that Bush will be tried for his war crimes and trampling of the constitution. The more I think about it, I hope they succeed. Why? Because perhaps that would be the sort of outrage necessary to bring out the troops. I can even imagine Texas finally pulling their long held legal option to secede from the Union rather than allow such an outrage. I am certifiable I guess, but I really think we need a major shake up to ever see at least some of this country to return to the sort of values that this country was built on. Secede Now!

Image So, in the future, all presidents will have to understand that acting within their legal, constitutional mandate will make them vulnerable to prosecution if their opinion poll numbers aren't high enough. What's even more amusing is that they left always forgets that these things can and will come back to bite them on the ass.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out what trampling of the Constitution occurred under Bush. It seems like we emerged from the past 8 years, having gone through some extremely difficult times, with our constitutional rights and essential liberties pretty much intact. Even the much ballyhooed "illegal wiretapping" was ruled legal by a (I might add, unconstitutional) FISA review court just last week. President Obama is free to listen in to grandma's phone conversations with her "friend" Ahmed in Syria if he deems it necessary.

I keep hearing from these douche bags about all these "international laws" that have been broken and various vaguely defined "crimes" that have been committed in great detail but with no specifics. I hear about the destruction of the Constitution from people who wish to eliminate virtually every right enumerated in the first 10 Amendments. I see people being confirmed to cabinet positions in spite of ethical and criminal violations. (Hillary's millions in donations from foreign sources, Holder's utter screw ups when he was last at DoJ, including the Rich pardon, Geithner's willful failure to pay taxes.) So now we have a Secy. of State who is owned by shadowy foreign investors, an AG with a record of helping blatant criminals evade justice and a tax cheat running Treasury. By the time Obama's first full week as President is up, he will already have amassed more legal problems than Bush did in 8 years. But my tax money is supposed to get wasted to investigate and possibly prosecute Bush and co. for non-existent crimes and specious charges that a bunch of raving lunatic moonbats pulled out of their butts because they wanted to get even for Clinton being impeached for breaking the law.

Sorry for the ranting and out of character diatribes today but standing here watching the sewage unleashed by Chairman O, his party and his media ass kissers just the past couple of days is making me feel pretty humorless.

You and I both Commissar M.....

I am considering whether to paraphrase Uncle Iosef's famous statement in regard to my bosses mentioning of the World Court and their impact on the US.... "How many armies does the World Court have?"

(off)
Chairman please don't apologize for the rant. I enjoy reading them for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that you are 100% correct. It makes my day go somewhat better having read such keen insight on the new administration.

More will be done to destroy the Constitution in the first 100 days of the Obama administration, under the auspices of political correctness and returning political favors, than in the entire 8 years of the Bush administration.

In addition the Gitmo decision has sent a clear message of a weaker America to all those who want to test his resolve and see how his administration will respond. In order to apease the extreme left of his party he has most certianly doomed Americans some where in the world to an attack of some kind in order to facilitate that test. Similar to how the Clinton administration was tested prior to 9/11 with the USS Cole and the embassies in Africa.

Comrades, one of the glories of the O'ly See in Washington will be more adherence to international law. After all, if the Republican-appointed Sandra Day O'Connor can cite it, that's good enough for me. What a pedigree.

Let's never forget those brave Spanish judges who issued a warrant for General Pinochet, the only dictator who willingly relinquished power, and who was allowed to live in his own country. Even King Edward couldn't stay in England after his abdication. But of course the reason that Pinochet was hounded was that he did give up power and our brethren don't understand that. Power is relinquished only at the point of a gun. Or an ice-ax.

And after we embrace international law, then any comrade can arrest any member of our military for any pretext whatsoever, and thereby utterly stop thuggish Imperial America from throwing her weight around in the world.

So that Abdullah can do it instead.

I was just watching an old movie.... you could tell it was an old movie because the actor said..... get this.... "it's a free country." I nearly fell off my pile of OPM hearing that!

Pupovich, I think I've seen that movie. That's when the protagonist flaps his arms and flies to the moon, isn't it?

Image I heard a truly ironic and to me personally sickening radio moment today. The host had just mentioned how as expected, Obama reversed the directive in regard to the US providing funds overseas for abotions...er... women's health. So here this lady calls in and said "We need to support Obama. Red and yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight." Yes, yes we are. In fact, the Word says He knows us from the womb.

I just covered my Mac screen with projectile vomit.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I just covered my Mac screen with projectile vomit.

You did save a sample of this for my Talent Shitting research labs? This has potential you know?

A bulimic's feast.<br>

"Not only does he hear us. He feels us. That when I hear Barack Obama, they said, he talks to my soul."

I think when I was listening to him speak, the words were so powerful I wanted to embrace the time that I had to even experience what he just said.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Image I heard a truly ironic and to me personally sickening radio moment today. The host had just mentioned how as expected, Obama reversed the directive in regard to the US providing funds overseas for abotions...er... women's health. So here this lady calls in and said "We need to support Obama. Red and yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight." Yes, yes we are. In fact, the Word says He knows us from the womb.

In this case, does the Obamessiah "know" us, in the Biblical sense? Will he continue "knowing" us with his economic policies?

Pinkie, thank you, I think, for the link to the story about The Oprah. I still maintain that she's the best of a sorry lot but that lot has just sunk to be the worst lot I know.

You know, it's really funny. You can curl your lip and flare your nostrils but there's nothing for it, really, except to laugh. My lord but that cow is full of herself.

Elsie here, Elsie there, Elsie everywhere.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:A bulimic's feast.<br>

"Not only does he hear us. He feels us. That when I hear Barack Obama, they said, he talks to my soul."

I think when I was listening to him speak, the words were so powerful I wanted to embrace the time that I had to even experience what he just said.

Great Stalin's Ghost!

It is truly astounding to see so much kool aid being sucked down by so many.

DDR Kamerad wrote:
Marshal Pupovich wrote:Image I heard a truly ironic and to me personally sickening radio moment today. The host had just mentioned how as expected, Obama reversed the directive in regard to the US providing funds overseas for abotions...er... women's health. So here this lady calls in and said "We need to support Obama. Red and yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight." Yes, yes we are. In fact, the Word says He knows us from the womb.

In this case, does the Obamessiah "know" us, in the Biblical sense? Will he continue "knowing" us with his economic policies?

Comrade, I think I can safely say that the Obama will "know us" in the Bibilical sense so much and so often there will be gnashing of teeth. The Obama will well and truly "know us," so much so that you will know you have been "known," and will stayed "known" for a long time.

{off}
The reason that I am not religious is that I didn't care for the assumptions that the religious people I grew up with did. It always seemed to be an explanation more complicated than it had to be.

There are times that I crave an exhortation to the Christian god because I realize that people <i>will</i> have a god. And the Christian one, since his followers quit burning people, is a good one.

Notice that all these people are looking for a place to put faith to save themselves the trouble of being responsible for themselves.

Image I have no interest in starting debates over religion--it used to be a hobby of mine until I came to the realization that people insistent on holding a religious viewpoint (as opposed to a viewpoint influenced by one's relationship with God--there is a difference) usually cannot be dissuaded from their stance. I pretty much leave them alone unless they want to actually engage in dialogue (as opposed to trying to impress others with how right they can make their stance look).

I suppose the same can be said of Liberals, who have made something of a religion out of their ideals. And, I think you're right, Theo, in stating that they often use their "ideals" as a sort of escape from responsibility. Which is why they can be so hard to reason with, unless they are actually looking for some realistic answers to an issue. How many animal-rights "activists" have you come across that don't have leather somewhere among their possessions?

But as for people who actually believe in God--the effects vary, person to person, depending on what they're looking to God for. For their own benefit (money, power, reputation, a fire escape from Hell)? Yeah, there's an escape from responsibility there. But the ones I have known who are actually in touch with God as opposed to upholding a religious form, tend to have a heightened sense of responsibility.

What I find so interesting about current events is that here you have a bunch of people who want to remove God from everything and create a secular society in the interests of diversity and tolerance, where truth is relative and morality cannot be legislated but charity will.

Religion, they argue, is at the root of all the world's problems, so let's eliminate it.

In the meantime, they have elected a leader and turned him into . . . a god! Isn't this what they've been trying to get away from? Oh wait, silly me--Obama is simply their idea of what God SHOULD be. The old God was too reactionary.

It's like watching the last reel of the movie The Ten Commandments, where everyone is partying; now that they think they've been freed from bondage and have reached the Promised Land, they've ditched God and made themselves a golden calf in the form of Obama.

Also, Obama said something in his Inaugural speech that sent chills down my spine: "We will restore science to its rightful place." WHAT rightful place? I have nothing against science, but where in the Constitution does it have rights? And if it's be restored, then that must mean it was ousted at some point--when and why and how? I wasn't aware.

IMVHO, the antithesis of that one statement was, "Let's eliminate religion"--which the Left is well on its way to doing in any case. The Temple must be destroyed.

These are just the little things I notice.

"Die gedanken sind frei," Pinkie. We can hang onto that if nothing else.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: Also, Obama said something in his Inaugural speech that sent chills down my spine: "We will restore science to its rightful place." WHAT rightful place? I have nothing against science, but where in the Constitution does it have rights? And if it's be restored, then that must mean it was ousted at some point--when and why and how? I wasn't aware.

I'm finishing up C.S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength, so, yeah, that quote also holds ominous forebodings for me as well.

I read all three of those novels some 25 years ago and enjoyed them but my faith had failed me and I was looking in hopes that some version of it might serve. If you're finishing it up, I won't spoil the ending, when Ransom (?) worries, "What if an elephant had stepped on the snake in the Garden of Eden?" From this I think that Lewis would have understood perfectly well using force to survive.

Pinkie, you're right: they're trying for a secular state. I am utterly secular but <i>I don't want a secular state</i>. That leads to eugenics, and other nice little things. When people throw god off a pedestal it's foolish to think that that pedestal will remain vacant, although the Obamabots would have you think that we'll have a happy-clappy future in equality and diversity.

I've read enough spy novels to have an idea of how science can be perverted--Red knows infinitely more than I do. But I read one in which an Iron Curtain leader couldn't keep his pants zipped and his Moscow handlers told him to only use the women that they provided. Too much risk otherwise. He ignored them and woke up without a pecker. Done by a doctor of course. The most frightening sentence in the book was, "He never loved them more."

The worship of science will make people into lab rats. I do not believe in an immortal soul, or anything--no evidence--but I'm entirely willing to act as though I do because it's an effective anchor against these people.

You know that lengths a geeky teenager will go to just to see what he can do. Imagine those people in charge of mind control and behavioral therapy. And let's forget for a while that the APA has openly decided that they will modify behavior to be politically correct, "Because that's what we do."

No worries, Theo, this is my second time through the novels.

I had also read "Brave New World" as a teenager, as well as other sci-fi materials based on more or less the same theme (e.g. Remember the PC Game System Shock from the early 1990s? The whole mess started by the removal of ethics protocols). That and some Francis Schaeffer I've read (among other things) have given me an appreciation of the need to keep science in check.

As Wellesley said, "educate men without faith and you make them clever devils." Lewis also mentioned this very thing: "Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."

Unfortunately, you're going to see this become more and more the case as human societies in general abandon the Source of their principles.

{off}
The most contagious disease on earth is hubris. I would rather like to believe in a knowable god but can't. I'm not averse, just can't find the evidence. But I rather like the idea of there being a common belief that there is some supernatural force which is taking notes. Look at the megalomania which autocrats invariably get; even minor ones like Ross Perot.

My arguments with the left come from their idea that if they get together and just think enough that they can turn out a really good policy paper which their professor might like and then use it to be social engineers which will make them get off better than really good sex.