City of Seattle protects homosexuals from carrying guns

Chairman of Seattle Collective Greg Nickels has in his infinite wisdom decided that he must protect people who wish to attend this year's Pride Fest from carrying guns, which they might use to protect themselves. This wise decision should earn him much prog approval!

Seriously, as the article points out he can't do this. But hey, what are civil rights when making a prog stance can be done instead?

(off)
Not to mention, guns are evil, so he's on the correct track to protect people from each other. Especially since there's no other way people can kill each other.

Well that does it. Bruno is most definitely <i>not</i> going to that rally. That fruit stand on his head is more than just homage to Carmen Miranda--he keeps a S&W 1006 up there. He may be an idiot but he's not as stupid as the mayor.

Commissar Theocritus wrote: He may be an idiot but he's not as stupid as the mayor.
That's not saying much Commissar, after all, he's classified under our "useful idiot" list.

We need to make a taxonomy of useful idiots. There are the useful idiots who can be relied on to protest at the drop of a hat. Then there are useful idiots who refuse to think and always vote Prog, even if it means their destruction. There is some overlapping of these groups.

There are useful idiots who are foot soldiers in the trenches of the ideological warfare. So many of them in foundations and universities and think tanks.

And useful idiots in government.

Comrade Theo-

Can you imagine the chaos if our ballots did not say (D) after the correct candidates' names??? We'd have to double our propaganda! With no (R) next to the class enemies, the proles might screw up!

The evilist thing that I can conceive of would be to require people to fill in the candidate's name, say on a computer, with allowance for a reasonable number of spelling errors. I'm quite sure I could devise an algorithm for that.

President: blank

In Texas there was some disgust a few years ago at there not being "None of the above," and as I recall the SOS said there was nothing in the election code prohibiting it. But then what do you do when None of the Above wins? Bar all the candidates from entering again? The French, being intellectuals, and when I am called one I spit, are on their sixth republic or something like that. Might be tenth by now.

They have the idea that the best and the brightest will run things, and it always is a disaster. Ira Magaziner, Our Many Titted Empress--it always leads to disaster. A wise Brit said that they had the perfect form of government. Sure, it had flaws, but "fixing" them would be worse.

If I could do one fix though, it would be term limits for <i>everyone</i> in government and I mean everyone. Clerking could be jobbed out, like cleaning services. But nothing would clarify the mind of a bureaucrat more than knowing he had to work for a living some day, and didn't have endless OPM which was raised by threats and menaces.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:The evilist thing that I can conceive of would be to require people to fill in the candidate's name, say on a computer, with allowance for a reasonable number of spelling errors. I'm quite sure I could devise an algorithm for that.

President: blank

In Texas there was some disgust a few years ago at there not being "None of the above," and as I recall the SOS said there was nothing in the election code prohibiting it. But then what do you do when None of the Above wins? Bar all the candidates from entering again? The French, being intellectuals, and when I am called one I spit, are on their sixth republic or something like that. Might be tenth by now.

They have the idea that the best and the brightest will run things, and it always is a disaster. Ira Magaziner, Our Many Titted Empress--it always leads to disaster. A wise Brit said that they had the perfect form of government. Sure, it had flaws, but "fixing" them would be worse.

If I could do one fix though, it would be term limits for <i>everyone</i> in government and I mean everyone. Clerking could be jobbed out, like cleaning services. But nothing would clarify the mind of a bureaucrat more than knowing he had to work for a living some day, and didn't have endless OPM which was raised by threats and menaces.
1st off, if people had to write the candidate's name out, we'd have a heck of a lot less voters then we already do. . . wait, wait. . . actually, the government indoctrination camps, formally known as public schools, would require 12 years of spelling, and maybe that would bring something up in GPA.

2nd, I'd find it pretty pointless to go to a voting booth with the intent of voting for "None of the Above". I know the point behind it, "I don't like either candidate", but those people probably are moderate/undecided voters, and I like the way Brian Griffen from Family Guy put it, "Undecided voters are the biggest idiots around."

3rd, term limits won't happen, not as long as The Swimmer, Sheets Byrd, and John F'ing Kerry are in, so give it about 15 more years.

I hear that Senator Chris Dodd is in trouble...that gave me a sexual frisson.

I like the (C) option on the ballot better than I like a multi multi party system, which would give a disproportionate voice to extreme fringe groups as parties have to grant them concessions to form coalitions. I don't, however, have a good suggestion for what to do if (C) wins.

The practical upshot would be this:

Instead of smear campaigns about why the other guy is worse, candidates would have to show why they are better than the other guy. Imagine if candidates had to showcase their good qualities, their stances on the issues, and convince you to vote FOR them rather than convincing you to vote AGAINST the other guy...

Term limits! Term limits! Term limits!

The ancient Greeks had twelve, I believe, archontes, who were the rulers. And talk about personal responsibility. An archon could be fined property or even put to death if the state was thought to have suffered under his misrule. It never meant there was a lack of people wanting to be an archon.

When there is hyperinflation to pay for this insane spending, Nansky and Harry and the others ought to be forced to live under a bridge, the sorry bastards, eating fried pigeon shit.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:
When there is hyperinflation to pay for this insane spending, Nansky and Harry and the others ought to be forced to live under a bridge, the sorry bastards, eating fried pigeon shit.

After all they have done for The People I would be happy to house them under the Alaskan Way Viaduct. I'm sure there is plenty of space for all members of Con-gress.

I need to make sure I have 535 impaling spikes.

Genosse Pieck wrote:
Commissar Theocritus wrote:

After all they have done for The People I would be happy to house them under the Alaskan Way Viaduct. I'm sure there is plenty of space for all members of Con-gress.

Yah, they would blend in with all the other bums and dregs of society that currently live under it. Of course, Queen Christine is gonna tear that down and put in a tunnel now, so where will all the bums go then?

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Why, to Congress. Where else?
By this, they are just being. . . oh my gosh, the irony is disturbing.

It's a horrible wake up call at the least.

Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, administer. Those who can't wipe their asses, govern.

With apologies to our esteemed pedagogic ABCDariusRex and Dr. Strangelove. I was particularly lucky to have a few very good high-school teachers, and so many of my professors at Rice (where nearly all undergraduate courses were taught by professors) were good. But my first Latin teacher, Mrs. Kelley, not only insisted that I know the subject, but would put her glasses on the desk and ask, "Theocritus, what do you think that your rights are?" And any answer that I'd considered was okay. If right, she'd agree; if wrong, she'd lead me right. If stupid, she'd scorn me.

God I loved that woman.

This was before the National Educational Association of course.