Communists for Kerry page on Wikipedia has been purged

[img]/images/CFK_Delete_Wikipedia_Finger.jpg[/img]

The Communists for Kerry page has been deleted as of this morning from Wikipedia, for the crime of being unfunny and yet causing the proles to laugh at the Party, being not notable and yet causing too much disturbance, having too much exposure in the right-wing blogosphere and not enough glowing coverage by the fake-news mainstream media, etc. etc.

The truth is, the "Communists for Kerry" page existed for 10+ years until Wikipedia commissars realized this was not a real communist group. They were triggered and made it into a non-group.

If any of the young beet sprouts ask us about Communists for Kerry, here is a Party-approved choice of non-triggering explanations:

• They bought the collective farm
  • They cashed in their potato chips
  • They kicked the bucket of industrial glue
  • They met their maker who is in Moscow
  • They are pushing up beets
  • They are shovel-ready

So goes the glory of the world. In the language of the ancient dead white male slave owners it sounded as "sic transit gloria mundi." The modern progressive rendition of that is, "Gloria threw up on the bus Monday." And this is how it will be remembered in history.

How did this happen? See our previous discussion about keeping the CFK page in Wikipedia alive.

SCRN_Wiki_CFK_Gone.png

Here is a notorious picture from Time Magazine, which caused mockery and controversy in the blogosphere in 2005, as described in this post.

Long Live Communists for Kerry!

This sudden censorship of a page that has been around for ten years shows the Wikipedia brand is dying. Look at how many pages are out of date/hardly maintained and they have time to go hunting for conservative pages?

In the political revolution begun with Brexit and later Trump's election, suddenly the leftist big brands of the Internet look quite old. The editorial bent is from a different time and the functionality is actually a bit lacking. (I realize that newcomers like InfoGalactic have certain issues rendering some items that Wikipedia can currently render, but that's minor.) Time to look at developing new platforms. InfoGalactic and Everipedia are great but they still use the Wikimedia software. And maybe the concept of an encyclopedia exactly like that is in and of itself dated.

Right now, vid.me is allowing basically anything (except material that violates copyright and/or is otherwise illegal) to compete with YouTube. It also has more of a Reddit style set up compared to YouTube and has human editors to feature the best of the best rather than an algorithm showing viewers things based on what they just watched. They are focused on being creator-first and not just being a dumping ground for birthday parties, pets doing something funny, etc. (They allow these kinds of videos, of course, but their are focused on creators.)

Most of these things take time to grow. But consider this: Breitbart was not so big or well known at the beginning of the Obamanation. Now it's yyyuuuuuge and has major influence.

Red Square wrote:Here is a notorious picture from Time Magazine ...
Each time I see this CFK obviously spreading Fake News, I quake revolutionarily in my antifascist boots, ready to march for Truth Justice™ and torch the dezinformatsiya villain!

There is this old Russian joke -

The Hare runs like crazy through a forest and meets the Wolf.
The Wolf asks: "What's the matter? Why such haste?"
"Haven't you heard? The folks in uniforms are out there, and they want to capture and castrate all camels."
The Wolf says: "What's that to you? You're not a camel!"
"I know, but they first castrate you and then you try to prove that you're not a camel!"

That's how Wikipedia also works. If their goal is to castrate you, you're screwed. If you don't fight it, you admit you're a camel. If you fight it and try to prove you're not a camel, you're only wasting time and making a fool of yourself. But the appearance of fairness is preserved: no one can say that they didn't give you a chance.

That's what I felt I was doing for the last couple of weeks - trying to prove that I'm not a camel.

Red Square wrote:There is this old Russian joke -

"Haven't you heard? The folks in uniforms are out there, and they want to capture and castrate all camels."
"I know, but they first castrate you and then you try to prove that you're not a camel!"

That's how Wikipedia also works. If their goal is to castrate you, you're screwed. If you don't fight it, you admit you're a camel. If you fight it and try to prove you're not a camel, you're only wasting time and making a fool of yourself. But the appearance of fairness is preserved: no one can say that they didn't give you a chance.

That's what I felt I was doing for the last couple of weeks - trying to prove that I'm not a camel.

Wikipedia Witchipedia folklore tells us that if a woman accused of witchcraft sinks and drowns she is innocent. Conversely, if she floats she's guilty. Assuming that those conducting the test are trying to get rid of her it all makes sense. They win either way.

Red Square wrote:There is this old Russian joke -

[highlight=#ffff00]That's what I felt I was doing for the last couple of weeks - trying to prove that I'm not a camel[/highlight].

This is exactly how I felt as I was editing the TPC page. It felt like I had one cork to fix two holes in a dam and that a team of saboteurs were drilling more holes as I was pounding the cork in. It also explains why I didn't even think of making an attempt to save the CFK page - they'd castrate the page anyway and then come up with a cock and bull story as to why they castrated it.