Dissenter Sentenced 11 Years

Comrades,

We all hate dissenters of the Party and the State, and what a better Christmas gift to give is a jail sentence of 11 years. In China, our fellow ally, a dissident writer was sentenced to 11 years for "subversion of State power." He had told his readers not to confuse love of country with love of Government. Very subversive thought crime, indeed. This thought criminal deserves this sentence, actually, I think it is too light. He ought to be sentenced to the Gulag for twenty years, and then a re-education camp for ten years. This thought criminal was lucky to have a light sentence. How dare he challenge the State, the Party, and the Collective?! What gives these lemmings the right to do whatever they want? No one can challenge the State, the Party, and the Collective. Those three, as we know, are the Holy Trinity of Collectivism™ and more supreme than any entity, real or abstract.

BEIJING -- China's leading dissident, Liu Xiaobo, was sentenced to 11 years in prison on Friday after a court found the 53-year-old literary scholar guilty of "inciting subversion to state power" through his writings and role in Charter 08, a petition advocating human rights, free speech and an end to one-party rule.

The sentencing sent a signal that the Chinese Communist Party will continue to stifle domestic political critics, especially those who seek to organize their fellow Chinese. And it provided evidence that political modernization might not go hand in hand with China's economic modernization, contrary to past predictions by Chinese dissidents, U.S. business executives, political theorists and proselytizers of the Internet age.
Source

Comrade Statist

I have to denounce you for being too soft on thoughtcriminals. 20 Years in the Gulag is an uplifting and edifying experience.

May I suggest that thoughtcriminals like these should be sentenced to immediate End-Of-Life-Counselling.

Your leniency makes me wonder whether you have thoughtcriminal tendencies yourself...

A luta continua!

Obamugabe

Comrade Obamugabe,

I denounce you for being Holier-than-Marx™, which is Thought Crime #945,712,763,188. Although, I do praise you for wanting to sentence this dissenter of the Holy Trinity of Collectivism™ to End-of-Life-Counseling; however, my dear Comrade, would it not be wiser to keep this dissenter alive? Think about it, Comrade. We can always use useful idiots for the Party, and to spread the Gospel of Utopia™.

According to the Book of Korsch (in the Gospel of Utopia™), 18:48 reads...
And the word of Marxism increased; and the number of the Comrades multiplied in Moscow greatly; and a great company of the useful idiots were obedient to the faith.

If you, I, and the Collective want to achieve Utopia, then we must keep as many dissenters alive as possible to spread the Word.

Granted, there are dissenters we can sentence to End-of-Life-Counseling, because they are useless to our cause regardless the reason. Nonetheless, I believe that this dissenter, id est Liu Xiaobo, can be useful to us after his long laborious years in the Gulag, and then to understand us better after his re-education years. After these 30 years of prime tuning, I believe he will turn around and join us. I say we keep him alive because he is a scholar, activist, and a writer. These are good qualifications to advance the Party.

Hear, hear?

Comrade Statist

I would only agree if your Re-education Program is proven and successful.
May I suggest the following party approved method?

(Please ignore the apparent escape of the thoughtcriminal and the destruction of common property at the end, it it not necessary for the discussion. I want you to focus on the progressiveness of the facility and the wonderful subtlety of the methods)

Comrades, I am shocked and saddened by this. Reread this quote carefully, please:

BEIJING -- China's leading dissident, Liu Xiaobo, was sentenced to 11 years in prison on Friday after a court found the 53-year-old literary scholar guilty of "inciting subversion to state power" through his writings and role in Charter 08, a petition advocating human rights, free speech and an end to one-party rule.

The sentencing sent a signal that the Chinese Communist Party will continue to stifle domestic political critics, especially those who seek to organize their fellow Chinese. And it provided evidence that political modernization might not go hand in hand with China's economic modernization, contrary to past predictions by Chinese dissidents, U.S. business executives, political theorists and proselytizers of the Internet age.

Excuse me, but am I the only one who sees the writer of this article as implying the glorious Chinese Communist Party is in the wrong here? It may be subtle, but it is there. What about the scare quotes around the phrase "inciting subversion to state power"? How would we be required to interpret it if someone wrote "Obama's goal is to 'reform' the nation's healthcare system"? Scare quotes imply the author's disbelief, do they not?

What about the implication the Party is against human rights and free speech without the required corresponding caveat "because it's for the common good"? What about the implication that the Party somehow needs "modernization"? Communism IS modernization; Marx said so!

How did this vile trash get into a state-sanctioned news orifice like the Wa Po? Was this writer properly certified and vetted by the Daily Kos a respected journalism school? What is the Wa Po ombudsman doing while this was going on? My gosh, Comrades, what is happening to journalism these days? I am disgusted.

Great Scott, Comrade! You are right! How did this piece manage to skate through the Party approved media? Perhaps there is a counter-revolution in the works. We must keep our guard up.