Dubuque joins People's Republic of Chicago

Plucked_Rooster_Dubuque.jpg
In an astounding display of government gerrymandering federal interference in local government handouts for Obama's People moving money from where it is to where it can be flushed down the crapper humanitarian urban refugee re-location (HURRL) ...

HUD Rewrites the Map, Makes Dubuque, Iowa Part of Chicago

Instead of working within the Dubuque area to assess how section 8 housing should be handled, HUD has decided that Dubuque is now part of Chicago – which is 200 some miles away – and has forced the small corn state city to take in refugees from Chicago's low income housing applicants.

As the study noted, HUD decided that Iowa could not handle its own housing problems locally:

HUD determined that low-income people living four hours away should be served as part of the Dubuque city expected and anticipated market segment for affordable housing, that Section 8 voucher applications must be accepted no matter where the individual is from, and that no priority could be given to local residents–most of whom were either elderly or disabled–in filling affordable housing needs.

This pitted the small Iowa city with a population of just over 58,000 against Chicago, a city of 2.719 million.[/indentr]

On the plus side, local residents noted that the influx of Chicagoans gives Dubuque a more equal footing in the annual "Race for Murder Capital of the Midwest."

I usually come here for the funny, and sometimes for the complementary vodka and beets. This is just disturbing.

I wonder how many other communities will be taken by the Party with this Affirmatively Furthering Fascist Housing program?

Comrade Rokossovksy wrote:I wonder how many other communities will be taken by the Party with this Affirmatively Furthering Fascist Housing program?
I always figured that Atlanta's urban sprawl would consume me one day, but I never dreamed that it'd come like this.I remember when Chicago bulldozed Cabrini Green under the rationale that, if they just got rid of the crime-ridden housing, there would be no crime. That, in large part, turned the whole city into what it is today, as the suddenly homeless criminals went searching for new, fertile ground. Now the cockroaches are going to Iowa, probably Wisconsin soon, and they spilled into Indiana years ago. "Dubuque, a down home version of Gary."

Kilroy wrote:.... probably Wisconsin soon, ...

The Germans and Poles moved out of Milwaukee years ago. Now southeastern Wisconsin is all essentially North Chicago.

Wikipedia wrote:For several years, Milwaukee ranked among the ten most dangerous large cities in the United States.... In 2014, 59 people were killed, one of the lowest tallies in Milwaukee's history. In 2015, there has been a spike in crime, with 124 killed as of October 22, 2015.

Wikipedia wrote:For several years, Milwaukee ranked among the ten most dangerous large cities in the United States.... In 2014, 59 people were killed, one of the lowest tallies in Milwaukee's history. In 2015, there has been a spike in crime, with 124 killed as of October 22, 2015.
Very true... I have a soft spot for Milwaukee, and it's not Gary, but that area has big problems. When I typed "Wisconsin," I was thinking the Dubuque's of WI.

"Social Justice" requires all to suffer equally. Prepare to suffer.

Meanwhile, Chicago has just been named #1 bedbug city in the USSA. How generous of this #1 city to be willing to spread the wealth around.

Comrades, besides bedbugs, social justice...... this concept is brilliant, not only can government entities force towns to accept new boundaries, why not new boundaries of reason? If we can redefine the boundaries of Chicago, then we could claim a reduction in crime statistics. Since the chance of becoming a victim of crime in Dubuque is one in four hundred and three, means that by adding Dubuque to Chicago, party leaders truly have lowered their crime rate statistics. Now by lowering the crime rate, we then can increase the public health issue debate, then our leaders have the precedents to engage in public health matters. If the elimination of disease in public health matters becomes a major concern, then why not make owning a gun a health hazard and doctors would become the new public prosecutors. If our glorious government entities can side step any boundaries to cloud the distinctions between functions and intentions we are on the glorious path to Next Tuesday ™ . all for the greater good.