EPA's Gina McCarthy to be indicted!

River destroyed .jpg
Comrades,

Look at the mess Gina made! It's all over the media - out of control. Have a look at how one publication summarizes Gina's many eventful years of government service:

"As the mustard-yellow EPA toxic spill oozes its way southward toward the Colorado River and Las Vegas' drinking water in Lake Mead, it is important to remember that the same person overseeing the EPA also ignored a broken radiation detection system that could have proved disastrous, failed energy-conscious consumers, left swimming areas without lifeguards leading to multiple deaths, gave bonuses to a high profile non-attending employee and operated a state emissions testing system where about half the testing machines didn't work."
So what, you say. Big deal. It could happen to anyone. But some folks may require a sacrificial lamb, a scapegoat, or some other way to say, "we're sorry" - enter C-SPAN and the feisty Rena Steinzor.

Our ever faithful comrades at Public Citizen have foreseen the problem and supplied an answer in their July 20, 2015 C-SPAN book discussion with Professor Rena Steinzor. (Center for Progressive Reform)

Why Not Jail.jpg
Professor Steinzor's new book “[highlight=#ffff00]Why Not Jail:[/highlight] Industrial Catastrophes, Corporate Malfeasance, and Government Inaction,” examines a number of cases where indictments for malfeasance were brought against individual corporate executives for injury to the public or environment.

At Craptek's Lawsuit and Bottling Institute we recommend Professor Steinzor begin developing a case - not against the EPA - but rather, Gina McCarthy personally for her lax adherence to safety protocol, callous disregard for citizens and wildlife of the South Western US, and wanton destruction of Mother Earth's purest waterways!

Go Rena!

“I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” -Abraham Lincoln
Where is your duty to promote leniency my bushy-tailed friend? The question is not whether the actions of Ms. McCarthy resulted in the destruction of the very habitat she was charged with protecting, but rather whether her intentions and motivations were in line with Correctness, as understood by The Party. Your desire for slavish obedience to ethical standards may be commonplace among rodentkind, but is rare among genderless humans. And let us not forget what Governor Hickenlooper (D-CO) said of the incident: "Nobody's perfect." Remember comrade, "It's the thought (as opposed to thoughtcrime) that counts."

I would never disagree with my dearest, newest, oldest friend - but...

Squirrel Talk.jpg