Gay Athletes Could Be Prosecuted at 2014 Winter Olympics

On the Beach.jpg

ABC News:

"In Russia it is now illegal to even speak about homosexuality around minors, much less openly display gay pride. Technically the ban is against "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" around minors, but the implication for openly gay individuals is clear. Public displays of affection by gays, including holding hands or displaying symbols like a rainbow flag, are now banned. Violators face steep fines and jail time; foreigners face similar penalties plus deportation.

Vitaly Milonov, who sponsored legislation in St. Petersburg last year, reportedly said, "If a law has been approved by the federal legislature and signed by the president, then the government has no right to suspend it. It doesn't have the authority," he reportedly said, stressing that he has not heard anything different from Russian officials."

Meanwhile, back in the good old USSA we have a different way of dealing with laws and regulations that are not in compliance with the wishes of high government officials. In America, our president has the power to simply ignore those laws he dislikes or with which he disagrees.

Two examples come quickly to mind: (there are many, many others)

1) Obamacare legislation requires all large companies to provide health insurance by January 2014. [highlight=#ffff00]President Obama[/highlight] decided he didn't like this starting date and [highlight=#ffff00]moved it[/highlight] to January 2015.

2) Eric Holder released a statement in 2011 stating, “The President has also concluded that Section 3 of DOMA, as applied to legally married same-sex couples, fails to meet that standard and is therefore unconstitutional. Given that conclusion, [highlight=#ffff00]the President[/highlight] has [highlight=#ffff00]instructed the Department not to defend the statute[/highlight] in such cases.”

It would seem that Russian President Putin has some things to learn from our Dear Leader.

wres1.jpg
Well I guess I wont have anything to watch on tv for two weeks.

Captain Craptek wrote:In America, our president has the power to simply ignore those laws he dislikes or with which he disagrees.

I just love the way we can get away with never using the word "hate" when describing our own motivations, using instead softer words such as "dislikes" or "disagrees," and never using anything but the word "hate" when describing the motivations of the RethugliKKKans.

Dedhedvedev wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:In America, our president has the power to simply ignore those laws he dislikes or with which he disagrees.

I just love the way we can get away with never using the word "hate" when describing our own motivations, using instead softer words such as "dislikes" or "disagrees," and never using anything but the word "hate" when describing the motivations of the RethugliKKKans.

That's because we Progs are not judgmental or hateful like those miserable, lowly, vermin-like scum known in the netherworld of Hades as non-Prog Rethuglikkkans! Peace, my brother.

[color=#C0392B]El Presidente[/color] was crying the blues when he wrote:Well I guess I won't have anything to watch on TV for two weeks.
You can watch me take down Tingles!

kicking-ass.jpg

I'm happy for the new political correctness. At least we will no longer hear wrestling referred to as "fag piling". A phrase which I found most disturbing and demeaning toward our ruffian comrades.

Progspeak for "Prosecuted"= "Executed"