General Motors releases 1st Prog-Drive™ equipped vehicles

NOTE: Temporary code name "Teen Driver"
You might actually believe her if you didn't know the TRUTH!
General Motors said it will debut the new Progressive Driver (Prog-Drive™) system on its redesigned 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. Not only will it mute the radio when front seat passengers haven't buckled up, it will also email government officials a report card of their constituent's driving habits and current location.

GM called its system the first in the auto industry to let lawmakers evaluate how constituents drive their cars automatically from their smart phones. Prog-Drive™ can tell legislators the distance the car was driven, its maximum speed during a trip, the number of speed warnings, stability control events and anti-lock brake events that were actuated. If equipped with the deluxe package, Prog-Drive™ can also tell if the car had any forward collision alerts and forward collision braking events.

Paul Stephens, director of policy and advocacy at the nonprofit Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, said with a system like Prog-Drive™ it is crucial that legislators disclose to their constituents that the system is being used. "Drivers must learn to fear their legislators. They must be taught to obey!" he said.

Stephens said lawmakers must weigh the benefits of using a system like Prog-Drive™, but also find out if any data is collected by GM or insurance companies. He said data collected from the vehicle could be turned over to police. “...when you utilize a service like that, there could be unintended consequences," he said. Comrade Stephens declined to elaborate further, noting; "We need to buy these cars so we can find out what's in them."

Prog-Setting.jpg

Prog Report Card.jpg

Good Lenin!

The car is wearing a government issued condom!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Good Lenin!

The car is wearing a government issued condom!

Safety first, comrade - it's for The Children.™ (at least that's the story for now)

I notice the Craptek Logo has been hijacked by GM for the Settings Icon. I am curious if the squirrel volunteered his image, or if it was liberated from his greedy nut-grubbing claws. If the former, should he not also be bestowed with the title of 'Icon of Icons'?

[color=#C0392B][b]I appreciated Konservative_Punk's kind words when he[/b][/color] wrote:I notice the Craptek Logo has been hijacked by GM for the Settings Icon. I am curious if the squirrel volunteered his image, or if it was liberated from his greedy nut-grubbing claws. If the former, should he not also be bestowed with the title of '[highlight=#FFFF99]Icon of Icons[/highlight]'?

Just as Laika the space dog (Friend of People) is controlling our tinfoil hats, I Craptek (Friend of The Children™) will soon be controlling our vehicles. It's a sacrifice,... but somebody's got to do it - after all, it's for The Children.™

For the Children.png

Konservative_Punk wrote:...the title of 'Icon of Icons'?
You might not have done that, Comrade. You'll only encourage him.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote:...the title of 'Icon of Icons'?
You might not have done that, Comrade. You'll only encourage him.

A prog must do what a prog must do to better himself comrade. May I interest you in a pair of freshly knit wool socks? My wife would be all too happy to monogram them for you.

While I appreciate your generous offer, I am happily married.

I will not have socks with another comrades' wife.