Ghosts Really Exist

John Q. Public
From Editor and Publisher

Great Caesar's Ghost! Gallup finds 1 in 3 Americans Believe Houses Can Be Haunted

NEW YORK Gallup reports today that its latest poll found that one in three Americans “believe in ghosts.” The numbers: 32% of all adults say they believe that “ghosts/spirits of dead people can come back,” while 48% do not, and 19% are unsure.

An even larger number of Americans believe that houses can be haunted, with 37% holding that position, 46% saying no, and 16% not sure.

There's an ideological twist, with 42% of liberals saying they believe in ghosts--but only 25% of conservatives and 35% of moderates saying this.

Belief in ghosts declines with age, with 45 of those 18 to 29 sticking to that, while only 22% of those 65 and over holding that view.

The poll was based on interviews with 1,002 adults, with a plus or minus 3% sampling error.

We all know that liberals are the intellectual superiors and are always right. Therefore, GHOSTS MUST EXIST!

I am so very scared. Are you?

Sally Croquemonsieur
Oh My God!

I have never been so afraid! And what is more scary is that the ghosts are evil enough to pick on young people and liberals! I am a 26 year old housewife who loves John Kerry and Hillary. My chances of being haunted by ghosts is almost two times what it is for a conservative, and I know why!

All the good liberals die and go to heaven. All the evil conservatives die and go to limbo. So there are more conservative ghosts out there, and they are attacking us liberals. You will never hear about this from Bush or Carl Rover or Duncan Chainsey or Ronald Reagan at all! I also want to know if the ghosts are racist, because I know alot of Puerto Ricans, Haitians and Dominicans who get haunted, but all the rich white people I know don't get haunted EVER!

All I know is that I am afraid, and I don't know what to do. I went to Democratic Underground and everyone there is scared too!

Love

Sally

You forget that there is no "Heaven" and that the only religion allowed is the worship of lord Hillary.

-Kommissar Betty

Scrooge
You think you're scared now. Just wait until the specter of a Marxist caricature of a Kapitalist appears in your bedroom late one night. The Ghost of Xmas Past ain't got nothin' on me. The metallic noise that you'll hear won't be the clangor of those cliched chains. Rather, it will be coins jaggling in my pockets--the coins that I docked from pay of that absent-minded loafer, Bob Cratchit.