Glorious Comrade Ted praises KGB!

CNN founder Ted Turner, who has previously insulted Christianity and warned of imminent cannibalism as a result of global warming, is now praising the KGB and characterizing the U.S. entry into Iraq as "naked aggression."

"The KGB, I think, was an honorable place to work" with "worthwhile" achievements, Turner said on today's edition of NBC's "Meet the Press."

Turner also blamed the U.S. for starting a fight with Russian leader Vladimir Putin "by putting the Star Wars system in Czechoslovakia and Poland."

When host Tom Brokaw recalled that Leonid Brezhnev reacted to Jimmy Carter's outreach by invading Afghanistan, Turner explained: "Well, we invaded Afghanistan, too, and it's a lot further – at least it's on the border of the Soviet Union." When Brokaw characterized the Soviets march into Afghanistan as "naked aggression on the part of the Russians at the time," Turner said: "Well, going into Iraq was naked aggression on the part of the United States."

Turner is promoting his new book, "Call Me Ted."

"We have an FBI and, and, and, and, and we're not prejudiced against somebody who's worked at the FBI," said Turner. "It's an honorable place to work. And the KGB, I think, was an honorable place to work. And it, it gave people in the former Soviet Union, a communist country, an opportunity to do something important and worthwhile."

Turner had to apologize years ago for calling Christianity "a religion for losers."

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php ... geId=82409

All praise comrade Ted for his progressive world views! The FBI will indeed need to follow KGB and CNN example! Welcome to Glorious World Of Next Tuesday comrades! It is obvious by comrade Ted's actions we can finally openly embrace the "Party"! All heil the "O"!

Comrades,

While it's tempting to paraphrase Gary Coleman and enquire of Mr. Turner, "Whatcha talkin' 'bout Teddy?" I cannot add much to this particular thread other than my deep admiration for Ted Turner, protector of Reds, spinner of Current Truth™, owner of Montana (or a suitably big sky-like ranch), bedder of Jane Fonda (post-Barbarella, still), and more.

But I would like to add that there has been a spate of concerned blog posts about concern for climate change. Although this video is a bit old, it might interest you to know that Ted Turner masquerades as Captain Planet (mildly profane, bloody, law-breaking, but socially just):
<br>Ted Turner as Captain Planet

Ah, I cannot help myself. Video shots of Hanoi Jane from Barbarella, looking to shag on the, er, shag.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CLeAcaBUSpY&h ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Made in 1968, Barbarella remains a cultural apex. Peace, love, essense of man bongs, everyone over 30 untrustworthy, psychedelia to the max. In a word, groovy. Savor it as the word rolls up from the back of your throat--hopefully phlegm-free--and resonates labiodentally before concluding with a satisfying schwa:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0B1WLTFD9Uc&h ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Glorious, indeed!

Groovy!

Let's see.... we have a global recession, banks melting down hourly, the stock market doing an imitation of an amusment park roller coaster, a major terrorist attack in India, the most popular and brilliant president-elect in history making bold new policy maneuvers (not to mention scientifc discoveries and disease cures) every hour of the day.... and with all that going on, "Meet the Press" has time to interview the man who beamed "Gilligan's Island" reruns all over the planet, Ted Turner???? Because he shook off senility long enough to commit his mental diarrhea to paper or because he desperately needs some attention? Does the MSM seriously not know why they are quickly becoming irrelevant?

Comrade Opiate,

It is with immense self-awareness that I note your sharing of grooviness. It is like reaching out to another mere one, if not The One.

I do not think Barbarella ever partook of an "essence of Mr. Ed bong," but then I haven't seen the movie for a very long time. The MSM, however, might have.

Have you ever seen CNN International? It manages to be even worse that what is broadcast stateside, yet it's on the TV in seemingly every hotel that accepts credit cards. Its sheer omnipresence makes it credible.

Maybe someone will do us a favor and kill CNN's satellites.

Ted my hero, I think there should be a Ted Turner Holiday, right after Obamessiah day, Harry "My Poo does not stink" Reid Day, And Nansky "I have an I.Q. of a goldfish" Pelosi day.

Red Star wrote:Ted my hero, I think there should be a Ted Turner Holiday, right after Obamessiah day, Harry "My Poo does not stink" Reid Day, And Nansky "I have an I.Q. of a goldfish" Pelosi day.

And THAT comrade would be akin to the the Glorious World of Next Tuesday! Please read more comrades!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... liday.html

A small central Alabama county whose mainly black residents gave the chairman-elect more than 70 per cent of the vote on Election Day has declared the second Monday in November "O" Day.

Last Updated: 11:26PM GMT 03 Dec 2008

The Perry County People's Commissars voted four to one to observe the holiday. County offices will close and its roughly 40 workers will get a paid holiday.

The sponsoring commissar, Albert Turner junior, said the holiday is intended to highlight the Democratic president-elect's Nov 4 victory as a way to give the county's 12,000 residents, the majority of whom are black, faith that difficult goals can be achieved.

"O" will become the country's first black chairman when he takes office on Jan. 20.

People's Commissar Brett Harrison said Wednesday he voted against the resolution because of the holiday costs to the county, which has a $2.2 million (£1.5 million) annual payroll and is one of the poorest in the state. He said closing the courthouse would also idle some state employees.

"I'm a Democrat, but just in these financial times, it's not using the county's money wisely," Mr Harrison told The Associated Press. "The recognition is certainly well-founded."

An AP exit poll found black voters in Alabama almost universally supported Mr Obama, while more than 80 per cent of whites in the state backed Republican John McCain. Mr McCain carried the Southern state with 60 per cent of the vote.

A Glorious Tuesday it will be! All Call Him Ted! Ted of Next Tuesday!