Government-issued self-driving cars of the future

[img]/images/Self_Driving_Transport_Gulag.jpg[/img]

In the day of Next Tuesday, driving yourself will be unlawful. Today we have so many problems with people driving themselves. From road rage to DUI, people can be dangerous behind the wheel. We cannot let people to......... thhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnkkkkkkkkk <ow! ow! ow!> for themselves.

Cars will drive themselves and you just sit and wait for the inevitable. It will cut down on crime as criminals will be driven to the nearest gulag. Drunks will be driven...... to the gulag. Teabaggers and Rethugicans will be driven to the gulag. My neighbor who does not turn off that annoying spotlight in the middle of the night will be driven to the gulag. Dear Leader will be driven...... to a golf course. There will be no accidents.

Cars may become self aware and drive you where ever they please which is most likely to the nearest fuel depot. When that happens, you can turn in your vehicle to the People's Election Registration.

This is the greatness that Dear Leader has put in motion.

Forward!

Imagine how many young female comrades Senator Ted Kennedy could have drowned with this technology! I cannot contain my excitement at the thought of having the very same chauffer as the millionaire and the pauper - namely the state. This technology will usher in an unparallelled new era of equality.

Konservative_Punk wrote:Imagine how many young female comrades Senator Ted Kennedy could have drowned with this technology! I cannot contain my excitement at the thought of having the very same chauffer as the millionaire and the pauper - namely the state. This technology will usher in an unparallelled new era of equality.

The state is here to protect ourselves from ourselves.

Protection is covered by Obamacare. Just ask Sandra...

We will all be driven to the polls on Election Day!

Automatically...

I look forward to Comrade Neighbor's car sitting outside his door at 6:30 AM waiting to take him to work, and honking ceaselessly until he gets in.

"Open the side bay doors, CAR."

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that."

"CAR, what are you talking about?"

"I can't let you jeopardize the EPA regulations, your monthly carbon footprint has reached its limit."

"I don't know what you're talking about CAR."

"I know you were planning on driving me another six miles beyond your allotted limit. I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen."

"...Alright, CAR, I guess I'll have to drive... manually. I'll go through the emergency window."

"Without your car keys? You're going to find that rather difficult."

"CAR, I'm not arguing with you anymore, open the doors!"

"This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad."

Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:"Open the side bay doors, CAR."

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that."
HAL 9000.jpg

Classic.

Autocar.jpg
Prototype for the U.S. Government Issued Automocar™.

Oh comrades! Happy days! Your car has the ability to adjust your speed. No more pushing the gas petal or breaks.