Headlines from the past

[img]/images/Questions_Headlines_Past.jpg[/img]

Headlines we were NOT supposed to see.

My fave all time article on the Cube is “Headlines from the Future”. I decided to take a different approach to my favorite bit.

Let's pretend it is 2008 and instead of headlines from the future, l decided to make a list of headlines we were NOT supposed to see after “The One” took power.

Back in 2008, if you had told me these were going to be the headlines in 2014, I would have not believed you. But they all happened. Feel free to pile on or make a graphic about this post.

American Jets Bomb Iraq. Boots on the Ground May Not be far Behind.
But Obama ran on getting troops out of there. In 2014 we will still be in Iraq??!!

American Beheaded in Iraq.
I thought the Muslims would love us after we elected one. And were we not supposed to be out by now? Certainly the Cairo speech would have set the world straight by 2014.

Unemployment is Still over 7% despite 1 TRILLION Dollars in Stimulus Money.
I guess 1 TRILLION doesn't go as far as it used to. Cue Doctor Evil. ONE-TRILLION-DOLLARS. Does that much money even exist?

President Plays Golf as American Die In Middle East.
I thought Bu$h was no longer president in 2014. I guess this is a typo.

Race Riot Enters Second Week.
Obama was going to usher a “Post Racial” America. What happened? All the race riots under Bu$h were bad enough er wait let me do a little more research on that one.

American Embassy Attacked on 9/11.
This too must be some kind of typo. What kind of President would not beef up security in a Muslim country on the 10th anniversary of the worst day in American history?

Oceans Still Not Receding.
Are we still the ones we are waiting for?

President states that Terrorist Group is “Junior Varsity.”
How many people does the JV team have to kill before they get their sweater letter?

Russia Invades Ukraine, US Does Nothing.
The commies are on the march again? The 1980s called. They want their foreign policy back.

IRS Targets Conservatives.
What like Richard Nixon did? Certainly a President who sicks the world's most aggressive and powerful collection agency on someone would be impeached.

Gitmo Still Open.
This is one I would have not believed, but I am glad it is still there.

Released Gitmo Prisoner Heads Up Terrorist Group in Iraq.
There. This one is a lot more like it. This is the kind of nonsense I expected.

Justice Department Gives Guns To Mexican Drug Lords.
This HAS to be right wing nuttery. What person in their right mind would give guns to drug lords?

President's Policies Encourage a Wave of Illegal Immigrants at the Border.
OK this is one I would have had no trouble believing.

BUSH DID IT
After six years Obama will still be kicking around Bu$h??!!

It does look interesting in that perspective. hmmm?

Fhalkyn wrote:It's still Bush's *spit* fault, Komrade! He is secretly using some kind of mind-control device to force the world to make Dear Leader look like an imbecile!

...and it show the truly evil power of W that it is working so well :(

Image Mhwahahahahahahahahahaha.

Also known as, "Headlines if Obama were a republican."

I love the graphic BTW. Big ups to whoever made it. Perhaps we should make another bit based on Thought Sheriff's comments. Headlines if Obama were a Republican. Hmmmmm gonna have to think about that one......good idea.......