Hillary and Bernie: Listen while I play My Green Tambourine™

Hill and Bernie think we should get everything for free! Then they tell us who is going to pay for it, the rich! The evil rich!

As is usual for me and my spouse, Comrade Tovarich, we communicate by “stream of consciousness” sometimes. This is where you are attuned to each others thoughts, and, somehow know when it was where they left off, maybe months ago. This wonderful ability comes from the mere closeness experienced by co-habitating spouses.

Recently, my Comrade Tovarich mentioned “My Green Tambourine” as a possible subject he had remembered.

”If this song isn't a metaphor for current progressive thought, I don't know what is.
Still true today!

Yeah, it's from 1968. This song went to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart in 1968.

Lyrics:
Drop your silver in my tambourine
Help a poor man fill a pretty dream
Give me pennies, I'll take anything
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine
Watch the jingle jangle start to shine
Reflections of the music that is mine
When you toss a coin you'll hear it sing
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine
Drop a dime before I walk away
Any song you want I'll gladly play
Money feeds my music machine
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine
Listen and I'll play…..(fade to darkness) (my edit)

SANDERS: "Make every public college and university in this country tuition-free."

CLINTON: "My plan would enable anyone to go to a public college or university tuition-free. You would not have to borrow money for tuition."

AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders revise history in Dem debate

So, who's gonna pay for it Comrades? Hmmmmmm? Why, that would be US! Yes, taxpayers will pay for everyone's education, not the evil rich. They already pay about 80% of all American taxes.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Green is a glorious color.............especially when I smoke rabbit weed.

Comrade Abrakham Linkol'n wrote:Green is a glorious color.............especially when I smoke rabbit weed.

Yeah! Keep on trippin', Comrade Abe. While you're at it, keep mowin' that lawn. It will always give you the stability of knowing it's green. That's the loyalty often spoken of about lawns. Unless you don't water them, of course. Then, you're on your lown. (sorry, couldn't help myself, similar to "pwnd") Heh, heh.

Here's how the hell the competitors in the Mrs. Dear Leader contest will pay for it:

"I love bones"
The party says that in DC
Taking cash from you and me
And it's oh, so good!

"I love bones"
They say this to you,
Unwashed might think it's cruel,
But it's actually good!
Every dollar, every ruble, every pound,
Leads them to a single thought,
And the thought is this:

"I love bones"
Nothing else can replace,
Just the slightest embrace,
Of the IRS!
Take cash from us,
for all of our days,
Dearest Party, dearest leader,
We hate bones!

We hate bones!
Please take them away!
Be loyal to you from today,
Please take these bones!

Comrades, look at our public schools system. Is there any question about the quality of free education and tuition? Is there really? I think the question answers itself. I'm sure that comrades Clinton and Sanders are fully aware of the unmatched quality of the public schools system and simply want the same level of excellence to be repeated in our tertiary educational institutions.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Comrades, look at our public schools system. Is there any question about the quality of free education and tuition? Is there really? I think the question answers itself. I'm sure that comrades Clinton and Sanders are fully aware of the unmatched quality of the public schools system and simply want the same level of excellence to be repeated in our tertiary educational institutions.

Just consider; We'll have The Children™ at daycare, pre-school, grammer school, junior and senior high school, college, and soon graduate school! They'll finish their educations just in time to be buried at government expense! Oh,... the joys of Next Tuesday loom brightly!

Captain Craptek wrote:They'll finish their educations just in time to be buried at government expense!

At or by? The distinction isn't too important but it will make a difference in regards to economic viability and health care costs.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:They'll finish their educations just in time to be buried at government expense!

At or by? The distinction isn't too important but it will make a difference in regards to economic viability and health care costs.

Why quibble, Comrade Hopping Mouse? As long as they're buried to make room for the next batch!!

Captain Craptek wrote:
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:

Why quibble, Comrade Hopping Mouse? As long as they're buried to make room for the next batch!!

As I said, Comrade Tree Rat, the distinction isn't too important. Besides which, the beet fields are always in need of extra fertilizer.

Captain Craptek wrote:
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Comrades, look at our public schools system. Is there any question about the quality of free education and tuition? Is there really? I think the question answers itself. I'm sure that comrades Clinton and Sanders are fully aware of the unmatched quality of the public schools system and simply want the same level of excellence to be repeated in our tertiary educational institutions.

Just consider; We'll have The Children™ at daycare, pre-school, grammer school, junior and senior high school, college, and soon graduate school! They'll finish their educations just in time to be buried at government expense! Oh,... the joys of Next Tuesday loom brightly!

Crappy, you forgot:

Military school after they get out of graduate school
Midlife school after they get out of military school
New Technology school after they get out of midlife school
Dealing with Age school after they get out of NNT school
Preparing for Death school after they get out of DWA school
So, you're Dying? school after they get out of PFD school
Coffin Care school after they get out of SYD school
Cemetery Life school after they get out of CC school

We must constantly educate so that we may constantly reeducate.

[OFF]

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

If you want any good reading on the school system, look up John Taylor Gatto. He's a former New York schoolteacher who, basically, saw how corrupt and authoritarian the school system was and got out of it when he had enough of it. You'll never see the school system the same way again.

Furthermore, this is one of the best "pocket histories" of the school system that I've ever read:

[hide=]
By Sheldon Richman.
Nov. 16, 2006

Most people today are convinced that the public schools are failing. Dissatisfaction with public education is at an all-time high. But have the public schools really failed? That depends on what they were originally set up to do.

In a profound sense, the public schools are not an American institution. They were modeled on the system of public education found in authoritarian Prussia in the early 19th century. After Prussia's defeat by Napoleon in 1807, King Frederick William III reinforced the national school system set up in 1717. Children aged seven to fourteen had to attend school, and parents who did not comply could have their children taken away.

Private schools could exist only so long as they met government standards. Teachers had to be certified, and high-school graduation examinations were necessary to enter the learned professions and the civil service. The schools imposed an official language to the prejudice of ethnic groups living in Prussia. The purpose of the system was to instill nationalism in demoralized Prussia and to train young men for the military and the bureaucracy. As the German philosopher Johann Fichte, a key influence on the system, said, "The schools must fashion the person, and fashion him in such a way that he simply cannot will otherwise than what you wish him to will."

What does that have to do with the United States? Early in our history, education was mainly a private, free-market activity — no compulsory attendance laws, and no school taxes. That system produced the most literate, independent-thinking, self-reliant people in history.

But not everyone was satisfied with the American way of doing things. According to John Taylor Gatto, the New York State Teacher of the Year in 1991:
A small number of very passionate American ideological leaders visited Prussia in the first half of the 19th century; fell in love with the order, obedience and efficiency of its education system; and campaigned relentlessly thereafter to bring the Prussian vision to these shores.

They finally succeeded early in the 20th century.

Just as the Prussian system was intended to unify Germany, the American educators' goal was to create a national culture out of the disparate subcultures that comprised the country in that period. (Catholic immigrants were a prominent target.) "To do that," writes Gatto, "children would have to be removed from their parents and from inappropriate cultural influences."

The modern public school curriculum comes right out of the Prussian system. Gatto says the American educationists imported three major ideas from Prussia. The first was that the purpose of state schooling was not intellectual training but the conditioning of children "to obedience, subordination and collective life." Second, whole ideas were broken into fragmented "subjects," and school days were divided into fixed periods "so that self-motivation to learn would be muted by ceaseless interruptions." Third, the state was posited as the true parent of the children.

Over the years, various fads have seized the education bureaucrats of America, but those fads have been variations on a theme: The public schools are intended to create complacent "good citizens" — not independent thinkers — because political leaders do not like boat-rockers who question things too closely. They prefer citizens who pay their taxes on time and leave them alone to chart the course of the nation. The growth in government power since the advent of public schools is hard to ignore.

So, judged by their purpose, how have the public schools performed?

Not bad, really. Unlike our ancestors' private schools, the public schools produce citizens who look to government to make important decisions for them — from whether to help the poor, to what drugs to take, to how to get an education — and solve societal problems.
In other words, the public schools are working. If we do not like what they have achieved, then we have to junk the Prussian system and move toward an education based on the American principles of free markets and individual liberty. Mere reform is not enough. We need to separate school and state. That's the only sure way to revitalize education, families, and the American spirit.
[/hide]

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Here's how the hell the competitors in the Mrs. Dear Leader contest will pay for it:

"I love bones"
And it's oh, so good!

"I love bones"
They say this to you,
But it's actually good!
And the thought is this:

"I love bones"
Of the IRS!
Take cash from us,
for all of our days,
We hate bones!

We hate bones!
Please take them away!
Please take these bones!

Good grief, Comrade Stierlitz! I didn't know you had it in you! You must submit this to our People's Karaoke ASAP! You will find the people's welcome there! Groucho Marxist is your man! Do it!

Pamalinsky wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Here's how the hell the competitors in the Mrs. Dear Leader contest will pay for it:

"I love bones"
And it's oh, so good!

"I love bones"
They say this to you,
But it's actually good!
And the thought is this:

"I love bones"
Of the IRS!
Take cash from us,
for all of our days,
We hate bones!

We hate bones!
Please take them away!
Please take these bones!

Good grief, Comrade Stierlitz! I didn't know you had it in you! You must submit this to our People's Karaoke ASAP! You will find the people's welcome there! Groucho Marxist is your man! Do it!

I WOULD, but it's less a karaoke bar and more Groucho Marx getting drunk and singing as best he can. Last time I went in there he got a bit rowdy and tried to knock my ass out. Point is, I don't like going in there.

Point taken, Stierlitz. Keep up the good work!