Hopi but No Change

I guess the Navajos and the Hopis didn't hear that Al Gore's film won the People's Golden Global Choice Award or something in the category of Best Left Wing Pseudo-Science Agitprop Masquerading as a Documentary....

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — The leader of the country's largest Indian reservation threw his support behind the neighboring Hopi Tribe, whose lawmakers declared environmental groups unwelcome on the reservation.

Navajo President Joe Shirley Jr. and Hopi lawmakers say environmentalists' efforts could hurt the tribes' struggling economies by slowing or stopping coal mining.

Shirley said Wednesday that he will stand in solidarity with the Hopi Tribe, and joined Hopi lawmakers in encouraging other tribes to re-evaluate their relationships with environmentalists.

“Environmentalists are good at identifying problems but poor at identifying feasible solutions,” Shirley said in a news release. “Most often they don't try to work with us but against us, giving aid and comfort to those opposed to the sovereign decision-making of tribes.”

http://bloodthirstyliberal.com/?p=10769

This is very distressing news comrades. I thought we had successfully socialized all the various tribes long ago. I have a gay friend who is an honorary member of the Leni Lenape tribe (his Indian name is "Drinks Like Fish") and he assured me that all red Americans were solidly on board with our green agenda.

Comrades, this sort of counterrevolutionary agenda is the reason why Stalin, in all his wisdom, deported entire ethnic populations to the gulag.

Perhaps if Indians could raid an environmentalist camp, throw some tomahawks, and take some scalps, shoot it all on video and post it on YouTube, this could work as a repellent for some of the zealous greens.