I'm Pregnant, Need Money, Please Help!

POLL: Which Bastion of Awareness is More Progressive?

You may select up to 2 options

There's nothing like the month of October for Progressive thought and action. The One Nation rally. The anniversary of Lenin's Revolution. Breast Cancer Awareness Month, with NFL players wearing pink. Halloween, when we get to dress up in scary outfits and go out marauding the streets, screaming to be given free stuff. (I wish every day were Halloween, don't you?) It's a glorious month when we all say, “Hey, we're progs—let's put on some free T-shirts and grab some free signs and board a free bus to someplace where we can party and someone else will clean up the mess and we can call that jobs saved and lives touched!” Pretty cool even with the unseasonably not-so-cool weather that makes us all swoon and faint in droves at Obama's feet.

Of course, the cognitive diffusion of October and the reality in this country, especially with the upcoming mid-terms, will sometimes bite you on the butt like man-made Global Warming-induced bed bugs. This precise thing happened to me yesterday.

Here I was cruising down busy, congested Busch Boulevard in Tampa, easing into the left-turn lane that would take me onto I-275, when what did I see teetering on the barely foot-wide concrete median but a pregnant woman, holding up a crudely lettered cardboard sign: PREGNANT, NEED MONEY TO GET HOME, GOD BLESS.

As I caught a glimpse of her nicely styled blonde locks and bright nail polish of the same hopeful shade of blue as the new Democrat logo, I could see at once that she wasn't just another down-and-out homeless panhandler, or even another ordinary pregnant woman. One rarely sees those anyway this close to Busch Gardens, with all its well-to-do out-of-town tourists full of bonhomie and good cheer from the park's famous beer gardens and roller coasters, and the plethora of motels and restaurants surrounding it.

Not only did she not have money to get home, but she didn't even have maternity clothes. Not for her those billowing smocks or stretch panels; nor the current fashion of so many young moms-to-be of letting her bare baby belly hang out. No, all she wore was a regular short skirt not too unlike the one that hangs in my own closet, with an oversized shirt stretched over her belly and tightly tucked under it, as if she were desperate to keep the baby in place until she could safely reach home, sweet home—or at least collect enough money to get her there.

Her legs were bare; on her feet were ordinary rubber flip-flops, all she had in which to pace the unforgiving narrow median surrounded by traffic and exhaust fumes. But perhaps the most heartbreaking piece of her ensemble was her fluorescent green vest.

That vest is required to be worn by anyone who finds themselves forced to take to the streets in search of help. The evil city government will tell you it's for her own safety, when it fact it's little more than a scarlet letter to mark her as just another one of society's dregs to be ignored and forgotten. They may as well require her to carry a big sign shouting, DON'T GIVE ME ANY MONEY BECAUSE I'LL JUST SPEND IT ON DRUGS AND BOOZE.

As I sat there waiting to make my left turn, I almost lost my appetite for the White Russian Mocha Latte in my hand, so sickened was I by the realization that I simply didn't know what to do. Maybe I could've rolled down the window and told her to collect $8,000 and then she'd have enough to get home. Maybe I could've given her directions to the nearest Planned Parenthood clinic, or some other public resource or agency that might have helped her with her dilemma. But it was also a Saturday, and this is a three-day federal holiday weekend, so any public agencies are going to be closed until Tuesday. She'd be making a long trek across town for nothing, and besides, so much exertion could bring on the baby, so really, she was better off just staying where she was.

Yet because I care so much, I couldn't stop thinking of what more I could do. I suppose I could've just gotten out of the car and given her a hug, but at that very moment, the light finally turned to a green arrow and there was traffic behind me, and they all wanted to make their left turn. None of them wanted to take the time to give her a hug, because none of them care as much as I do. So I had no choice but to step on the gas and leave her there, and hope that as I sped by her and she started coughing from the burst of fumes from my tailpipe, that she wouldn't lose her balance and topple off the median—because somehow I don't think that green vest would've saved her like those unfeeling fat cats on the city council seem to think it magically will.

Comrades, when this sort of thing happens, we must admit to ourselves that the mess Obama inherited was so much worse than we thought before he was elected. We must admit to ourselves that while things would be a lot worse if not for his stimulus or the passage of health care, that stimulus and the provisions of that bill are still not enough—and that's because of a partisan minority of Republicans who would hold innocent people like this woman hostage to special interests. We must continue to loudly proclaim that it was Republican policies that drove this woman into the ditch of despair, and that it would be a disaster to let them have the keys back when all they would do is run her down, despite her fluorescent green vest.

By the way, if anyone knows if that woman is still on that median, then maybe there's something we can do collectively to help her. I thought maybe we could pick a day when we all wear fluorescent green vests to show our solidarity with her plight. Since NFL players are wearing pink accessories today, maybe we could get them to join us by wearing the green vests next Sunday.

What better way to raise awareness of how much we care during this most Progressive of months?

Commissarka Pinkie is a frequent contributor to The People's Cube, and is renowned and admired for her dedication to raising awareness of how much she cares. Her award winning articles include Have Cancer, Three Kids, Need Gas! When she isn't busy making an issue out of everything, she enjoys beating proles with her shovel and spending other people's money.

What the........? I can't delete my post....so I have to overwrite it with this tripe ? This is obviously the work of Bush and his mindless thugs. ( spit.)

Commissarkas Pinkies......This is misguided thinking on your part. Do I need to remind you that independent thinking was banned long ago by the collective's political officer ? Do you not understand that if you helped this woman to truly become self-sufficient, then both herself and her earnings would be, in her estimation, as having value? Before you know it, this could lead to a chain of events where she would gain confidence and respect ; and vote for conservative candidates who will encourage her to keep doing so, instead of our beloved progressive leaders who know best how to run her life ? For the Party's sake, this cannot be allowed to happen !!! Remember, Commissarka, self - respect within the masses is equal to defeat .

As penance, you are given shovel duty at the zampolit's latrine for the next three days.

Gasp! Choke!

I'm so heartbroken I almost spit up my Panera Bread. Well, at least Tampa is more Prog than let's say Woodbridge, Virginia? Kudos to the Tampa city government for another useful law!

Woodbridge doesn't have the Prog fluorescent green vest ordinance. Cancer Man was probably run over.

Ummm....Pinkie....ahhh...Here's ummm our very own....ahhh....ummm People's Cube Hypnotherapist to ummm....ahhh help your Pregnant friend make the only choice that will be LEFT when ahhh...Obamacare ummm...takes effect.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... mIFwVPF9fM#!

This is a fine example of the state knowing whats best for us, is it not?!

I do find something a little "off" about the story though. This was a white woman right? And if so, isn't she partially responsible for her circumstance by simply being a member of the oppressor race?

A poor white person? C'mon, do they really exist?

Laika the Space Dog wrote: Woodbridge doesn't have the Prog fluorescent green vest ordinance. Cancer Man was probably run over.
Prog dilemma! Help Comrades!

Maybe Woodbridge is more Prog? Maybe Cancer Man was run over? Wouldn't that save more valuable medical resources, say for an Esteemed Party Member™? Wouldn't it be more merciful like smothering a suffering baby with a pillow? Maybe the person who ran over Cancer Man should get the prestigious "Beet Of The Week" award?I'm beginning to see the wisdom of Woodbridge in not having the poor downtrodden purchase a fluorescent green vest. Could it be a fluorescent green vest racket? Maybe BIG Fluorescent Green Vest and all of its corporate lackeys are to blame? That is unless Tampa is giving away FREE vests to the downtrodden?Oh my poor proggie brain!. I feel pithed.

I can only dream that we become as Progressive as Great Britain someday

Daily mail:

one woman who's never worked in her life is investing hers... in a £4,500 boob job

Miss Marshall, who has never worked, rakes in almost £29,000 a year from benefits - and last year spent £4,500 to go from a 34A to a 34DD.
Back home at the detached house that she shares with Lewis, 16, twins Mia and Kallie, 11, Nio, ten, and three-year-old Lenni, Miss Marshall has furnished each of the four bedrooms with a flat-screen TV and keeps a separate wardrobe just for her jeans.She also says she has a penchant for designer labels, which is shared by her daughters, who 'love Armani'.
However, although Miss Marshall receives more than many hard-working families she admits that she has also run up £10,000 of debt.

Miss Marshall, 32, receives monthly payments of £870 in housing benefit, £975 in child tax credit, and £303 in child benefit, giving her an income equivalent to a pre-tax salary of £39,000.

Neotrotsky wrote:I can only dream that we become as Progressive as Great Britain someday
You are so right! I mean Left!That's why I brought up the progressive technique of "child smothering".

[img]/red/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

The Rev. Joanna Jepson's story (in the collar) is worth your own investigation.Progs are Nazis who will stop at nothing to achieve their agenda.

The plight of this poor tool of capitalist greed had me emotionally distraught for -.00000000001 milliseconds the whole weekend. I saw the horror you bravely faced Commissarka, in my minds eye so vividly. What can I do to help - because, dammit - I care too?

03.jpg

Pinkie, you are so kind and caring. Always Aware™ of the suffering of those around you. I applaud your compassion and desire to be Aware™ of this poor woman's plight. Even if she was white. This shows that you are completely color blind, and committed to total equality.

I don't get it. I saw her there last year and gave her all my money. She should be home by now.

Dearest Commissarka!

There is a vile rumor (mind you, it's only a rumor, we have lots of these going around the People's Cube) that you failed to tell Pregnant Fluorescent that she would be punishing herself with a BABY? We know you Care™ and are Aware™ so this is probably just a vile rumor. I'm quite sure you explained to Pregnant Fluorescent that she has CHOICE™, yes CHOICE™ between Life Freedom and Death for the Baby Punishment.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Gasp! Choke!

I'm so heartbroken I almost spit up my Panera Bread. Well, at least Tampa is more Prog than let's say Woodbridge, Virginia?

I take the thyme to read Commissarkas Pinkie's original story to then witness a flash from the past riding The Space Dog's coat tails try to usurp this beautiful story.... I have not witnessed such since https://www.gnosis.org/library/psudomat.htm attempted to usurp the vunderful stories of Mary and Isus from the wholly koran book.

I am confused. Is Pinkie in need of gas, has gas or needing Family Planning?
But I digress . . . I heard the word 'halloween' mentioned and I have such admiration for the halloweenie's. Every year I looked forward to dressing in my wet tshirt and short shorts. So where is the party this year? Theo's Rancho or I could offer the usage of my small hacienda abode for a minimum fee?

(she does know babies are green initiative negative, does she not???)

Pinkie, when I saw the title of your post my heart skipped a beat. I thought you were the one who was pregnant. Then I cursed those bargain condoms I had purchased from a machine in the men's room of the truck stop on I-75.

Please, don't ever scare me like that again.

pjl_u2 wrote:
Laika the Space Dog wrote:Gasp! Choke!

I'm so heartbroken I almost spit up my Panera Bread. Well, at least Tampa is more Prog than let's say Woodbridge, Virginia?

I take the thyme to read Commissarkas Pinkie's original story to then witness a flash from the past riding The Space Dog's coat tails try to usurp this beautiful story.... I have not witnessed such since https://www.gnosis.org/library/psudomat.htm attempted to usurp the vunderful stories of Mary and Isus from the wholly koran book.
It's almost like Hale-Bopp isn't it? But nobody rides on Hero Space Dog's coat tails...or comet tails either...or just my humble (like Brawwk's) Mongrel tail.

Laika the Space Dog wrote: It's almost like Hale-Bopp isn't it? But nobody rides on Hero Space Dog's coat tails...or comet tails either...or just my humble (like Brawwk's) Mongrel tail.

It is almost like something all right.... Google take me home...

COMRADES!

While poking around in the dumpsters behind the homeless shelter, I found a whole box full of fluorescent green vests and some discarded pillows.

I have decided that we will all of us don the vests and shove the pillows under our shirts, then go marching to show our solidarity with Pregnant Patsy's plight.

We will raise awareness of the need for a new government program that will provide free public transportation for anyone to go anywhere in the U.S.A., so that pregnant women like Patsy won't have to spend their third trimesters teetering and tottering on some narrow median like drunken Chinese gymnasts on the balance beam, begging for bus fare to get them home.

The Republicans have failed her--but we--WE will begin taking the first steps to call attention to our glorious newfound mission to take whatever action is necessary to make our elected representatives do something--even if it's just passing a resolution that recognizes Patsy's right to a free ride.

We will march to Busch Gardens, where we will partake of the beer and ride the rollercoasters to show there's nothing wrong with letting pregnant women do those things.

By the way, does anyone know if fluorescent green is already taken as an awareness color?

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:I am confused. Is Pinkie in need of gas, has gas or needing Family Planning?
(she does know babies are green initiative negative, does she not???)

The answers to such perplexing questions may or may not lie within this YouTube post, with a side of U-Turn as to the negativity of green backed babies....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogYwCSq ... youtu.be&a

Achtung! Construction Ahead, beware of workers in fluorescent green vests!
Picture 5.jpg

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:
By the way, does anyone know if fluorescent green is already taken as an awareness color?

Yes, I think it is...

Mr_Yuk.png

Comrades,

This is not problem, Comrade Mulva has volunteered to go on scene to stop traffic for this poor pregnant prole...

Mulva-Patsy.jpg

Ahh!

I see The Aerodynamic Mime™ Hat has been passed on to a new generation of Changing Hope. Only those of the 96th percentile need apply.

Commissarka;
How in the Next Tuesday World ™ do you ever make it to the Politburo meetings down there?

119931_1.jpg

I live not far from the People's Community of Woodbridge and recently went to check on the lady that needed gas. Unfortunately, I misunderstood what kind of gas she wanted - I had eaten more than my Party Approved share of beets, and well, the rest you could probably imagine, if imagining things did not count as independent thought and punishable by hard labor.....

Beet Farmer wrote: I had eaten more than my Party Approved share of beets.

I feel quite safe in imagining what the Inner Party will do to you, i'm digging an extra 2 hours a day this week just to make myself available to receive a ticket to that spectacle, Benedict Arnold!

Well well, looky here: Tampa lawmakers to consider tougher laws against panhandlers.

TAMPA - She moved here from Las Vegas, thinking it would be easy to find a job.
A year later, Robin Swoveland said she still can't find work. She gets money by standing at a busy intersection on Dale Mabry Highway nine hours a day, holding a sign that details her plight.
"Help me please," the scrawl on the cardboard says. "I need some gas money. Find a job. No beer or no drugs. God bless you."

Swoveland said a few beggars from St. Petersburg tried to drive her off her chosen median on Dale Mabry. Swoveland said she held her ground.
"Just because I'm a little woman, they think they can push me around," she said

According to the article, a recent ban on panhandling across the bay in St. Petersburg has only driven the St. Pete panhandlers to Tampa.

Hillsborough sheriff's deputies and homeless advocates on both sides of the bay said panhandlers from St. Petersburg have found new opportunities in Tampa. Sheriff's Maj. Clyde Eisenberg said one person told deputies he drove from Pinellas County to Brandon to panhandle.
Pinellas County is St. Pete; Brandon is on the other side of Tampa, where there's a huge shopping mall just off I-75, congested with traffic and popular with panhandlers.

And now for some good old-fashioned buck passing:

"If cities look at the underlying causes of homelessness instead of taking punitive actions, maybe people won't be pushed to another community that now has to deal with the issue," Ozdeger said.
Rayme Nuckles, the chief operating officer of the Homeless Coalition of Hillsborough County, said Tampa's laws have contributed to the influx of panhandlers.

Finally, the money quote:

"It's more prevalent now because of the vests," Nuckles said, referring to the reflective orange and lime green clothing that all street solicitors must wear.

What did I tell you, comrades? WHAT DID I TELL YOU? Did I, or did I not identify the safety vests as the whole cause of this problem?

Methinks Comrade Nucklehead has been reading this blog, and is not giving credit where it's due.
Last edited by Commissarka Pinkie on 10/13/2010, 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason for editing this post: !#$%^&*ing hyperlink and Shift + Enter

Commissarka, I ,of course, will only vote for line items that contain "commissarka" or "Pinkie" or a combination of the two. I was worried though as I was only allowed to vote for Tampa once.

If I stood by the side of the road all day I'd have trouble making ends meet too. The problem, by commie logic, is the roads. The roads are creating poverty and desperation. If there were no roads there would be no one spending their entire day standing there. I think we should get rid of all the roads in these ultra-left areas. Poverty and desperation are bred by these roads. In the name of equality and social justice all the roads in these commie ultra-left areas where the beggars go need to be torn up and gone. I'm sure economic stimulus money could be used to this end.

Wouldn't banning panhandling be the same as denying people the right to work in their chosen field of endeavor? I mean heck, I make a pretty good living panhandling. As soon as people see my sign they're filled with sympathy and give generously.

Whoopie at work.jpg

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: She gets money by standing at a busy intersection on Dale Mabry Highway
We© find ourselves now having to confess my Our© guilt.... We© have been posting on other sites " -ATS- " and We© thought We© could get away with it unsuspected by The Party, until those meddling kids came around and stuck their noses where they did not belong.. anyways... long story from a short guy cut and pasted by Kenny PBUH,
One article I argued against was that "All roads Lead to Rome", but We© now confess that, yes Pinkie, We© believe that you may be on to us...
"The event marked the greatest disaster in American aeronautics up to that time, resulting in 34 deaths. He was survived by a brother, G. E. Mabry, of Tampa, Florida.Dale Mabry (March 22, 1891–February 21, 1922) was an American World War I aviator.
Mabry, a native of Florida, was the son of former Florida Supreme Court Justice Milton H. Mabry and Ella Dale Bramlett.[1] He went on to become an airship pilot and captain in the United States Army. Captain Mabry died piloting the Army airship Roma...."

After all, everyone knows that Tampa is the answer, if you simply look on a map of the area.
stalingrad.JPG