It's 9-11 and nation 'pretty sure' it's forgetting something

PROG OFF
As someone who witnessed the 9/11 attack at the World Trade Center at close distance and was shocked into a six-month-long mental stupor by it, I still can't think of it in terms of humor and satire. I can't distance myself from the event enough to do that, as if I'm forever trapped in that patch of land the size of several city blocks, endlessly circling it and watching the towers burn and fall, like I did that day in 2001.

But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate work by others, like this story in today's Duffel Blog.

Nation 'pretty sure' it's forgetting something

WTC.jpg

FARGO, N.D. — Americans everywhere were struck with the sudden feeling they were forgetting something this morning, though none of them could figure out what it was.

At 8:46 AM, area mom Jacqueline Kensington gave herself a quick pat down before leaving home for the day. Despite finding her phone and wallet where they were supposed to be, she still couldn't shake the sensation she was missing something.

“I don't get it,” she said. “I just searched myself as thoroughly as they used to at the airport, before that all changed for some reason.

“What could I possibly be forgetting?”

At 9:03 AM, Fargo's resident homeless former Navy SEAL Daniel Ventnor launched into his daily rant imploring listeners to “Remember the Maine, the Alamo, and the Titans!” between stories of fighting the Vietcong in Korea, Ventnor realized he had left something out.

“Was there anything else I'm supposed to remember?” he asked. “Well, I'm sure if it were important we'd be fighting a war over it, and we'd obviously be very focused on that.”

“So I'll just wait for the wholesale mobilization of society that will surely accompany any major conflict.”

At 9:37 AM, local man Noah Bearman was running late for work. Practically flying out the door, he came to a sudden stop. He had forgotten something. With a start, he announced, “My car keys! I'd better run back inside and start an endless search that will be more destructive than whatever loss I initially suffered, just to be safe.”

Experts suggest taking a moment of silence to try and recall whatever it was you were supposed to remember on September 11.

This song by our friend, Glen Shulfer, is also about the nation "forgetting something" - a different attack that happened on September 11th, only in 2012. It'll give you goosebumps.

9/11... that's when "some people did something..." no?

Thanks for sharing Requiem for Benghazi, Red Square.

Liars and deceivers turn public service upside down and laugh as their deeds upend the lives of others.

On that note, 'pelipsky shares these two videos

Red Square wrote:This song by our friend, Glen Shulfer ...
Yes, goosebumps..... .(eyes too...)

Somebody photoshopped something about some newspaper that wrote something.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
It's this kind of attitude from the progs that infuriated me after 9/11 and made me argue with them (I lived in New York then). Their answer to me was namecalling and accusations of being a conservative right-winger. So I went on a quest to find out who exactly those mythical conservative right-wingers were because I hadn't met one in New York City. I found them on the Internet. Indeed, they were my peeps. I never looked back.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

When the Secretary of Homeland Security (Janet Napolitano at the time) declared military Veterans to be "domestic terrorists " that's when the fertilizer hit the ventilator for me.

Ivan - I'm sure there will be a lot more like us created in a similar way just by watching the Democratic debates, like the one currently on TV (I watched half of it and went back to redesigning the new and improved Cube).

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

When the Secretary of Homeland Security (Janet Napolitano at the time) declared military Veterans to be "domestic terrorists " that's when the fertilizer hit the ventilator for me.

Ambassador to Texazistan, do not forget when same Janet Napolitano defended gassing and burning those Branch Davidians at Waco in order to SAVE them from a child molesting, gun totin', religious zealot.

Tremble in fear when targeted for salvation from the power of the State.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549
Honor Guard to Ambassador to Texazistan

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote: Image

I had the honor of working for Homeland Security when this pronouncement was made. I decided to channel my alter ego Captain Passive Aggressive. While on a national telecon (you Feds and former Feds know what I'm talking about) I calmly asked if I was allowed to be privy to sensitive information as my own agency classified me as a terrorist. Sure enough, I got a phone call from my agency's administrator to get my mind right. All of the veterans in my office hung terrorist signs on our office doors and cubicles. I think this was about the time that I realized I would take the early retirement at the soonest opportunity.

Note to jackalopelipsky: Janet Reno was the Janet for Waco, Janet Napolitano was the one that declared veterans terrorists. What is it about the government officials named "Janet?

I denounce myself for my unequal usurpation of Cube Space.
Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:...
I denounce myself for my unequal usurpation of Cube Space.
Red Salmon
With such revealing bits as those above, the whole Kollektive surely urges you to usurp as much as you can!
GD

Red Salmon wrote:Image
I had the honor of working for Homeland Security when this pronouncement was made. I decided to channel my alter ego Captain Passive Aggressive. While on a national telecon (you Feds and former Feds know what I'm talking about) I calmly asked if I was allowed to be privy to sensitive information as my own agency classified me as a terrorist. Sure enough, I got a phone call from my agency's administrator to get my mind right. All of the veterans in my office hung terrorist signs on our office doors and cubicles. I think this was about the time that I realized I would take the early retirement at the soonest opportunity.

Red Salmon

[OFF:]
I salute you, Red Salmon. When the university where I taught referred to me and my fellow veterans as "unrepentant Vietnam veterans," we had T-shirts made, declaring ourselves indeed to be unrepentant Vietnam vets.

Comrades, these confessions are triggerin' the recently released into the general population areas of the Gulag after 30 YEARS of mental spa treatments - the mental sandblasting, the mental acid jigglebathing done in the basement of this fine facility because 'pelipsky thought teaching a mixed up 15 year old NOT to feel guilty for havin' skeered the bejeebers out of his favorite teacher at taxpayer psychologist expense wasn't goin' to end well for ANYBODY.

'pelipsky voiced the question, "Are you sure we're doing the right thing, here?" to the Tax Payer Funded Psychologist. Thinkin' we cared about the STUDENTS and maintaining a safe learning environment at the campus, was my bad. And I know this now.

After INTENSE Treatment these past 30 years, 'pelipsky has come to embrace the financial and character destruction sorrows to focus on 'pelipsky's spiritual growth after giving up a successful teaching career for LENT.

The StateChurch of the Sacred Heart of No Redeemer operates like the Red Salmon aforementioned Janets dispensing Justice for our own good. Those Janet chicks...are just waiting to teach the innocent and unsuspecting, the catechism of StateLove....for your own good.

When the Janets of Justice are helpin' you ...gettin' 'better' is gonna hurt...real. bad.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Ooo kaaay. Jackaopelipsky over shares and the Cube goes 'Silent Spring'.

Comrades, we didn't reach the New America Utopia of GWONT without cracking some eggs.

"pelipsky's cracked egg made it possible for Mental Illness to be just another 'normal' setting on all comrades laundry equipment. Today, 'They' is able to freely enjoy 'They's' Mental Illness as a constitutionally protected right to bear arms. The article provides some off topic nonsense about a child custody issue, but clearly being mentally ill and packin' heat with a posse that packs heat has no relevance to that allegation.

Mental Illness now is a constitutionally protected right thanks to 'pelipsky's cracked egg and decades of comrades thinking. deservedly so.

'pelipsky feels like Rudy Giuliani trying to explain something of vital importance to the character actor News Anchor, John Roberts, who clearly understands Giuliani is nutz and talking complete gibberish.

Rudy Giuliani Challenges The Media Over Ukraine: “Take Me On”

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

To circle back to Red Square's original post - and forelock tug for that, Direktor Red Square - it is deeds like this:

“We Apologize to Greta and To Our Audience” – FOX News Bans Michael Knowles from Channel After He Describes Disturbed Child Greta Thunberg as “Mentally Ill”

Separating ourselves from the distinction between cold, hard facts, which define reality, with a 'good intentioned' version of morality, which in turn blurs reality into the kind of atmospheric gray through out the nation, which in turn is deadly to any real definition of a Day of National Remembrance.

Allowing reality to become immoral, as like what's being done to Michael Knowles pass unchallenged, increases the certainty of continued meaninglessness that has become a nation almost forgetting 'some people did something.'

Allowing denial of reality to become the moral majority, is not in any nation's self-interest, nor that of each individual citizen..

Great post, Red Square.

forelock tug,

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549