Jackson Dropped from 20-Dollar Bill and from French Quarter

[img]/images/various_uploads/Jackson_Square_Statue_Jackson.jpg[/img]

Following the decision to remove Andrew Jackson from the twenty dollar bill, he was also quickly removed from the French Quarter in New Orleans, as the iconic Jackson Square is scheduled to be renamed into Red Square (Carré Rouge in French). And since the government replaced the racist Democratic president Jackson with a black abolitionist, Harriet Tubman, it was also decided to replace the statue of Jackson atop a rearing horse with the statue of Tubman.

However, since the heroic black woman was, in fact, a gun-toting Republican, the replacement statue featured Harriet Tubman atop a Republican elephant while slinging an M-1841 Mississippi rifle.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Jackson_Square_Statue_Tubman.jpg[/img]

After many complaints from local Democratic Party activists, the Tubman statue was quickly removed and replaced with the statue of Hillary Clinton atop a rearing donkey.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Jackson_Square_Statue_Hillary.jpg[/img]

Obscured by this story remained another important cultural development, as the historic St. Louis Cathedral on formerly Jackson Square was quietly converted into a mosque.

The French have quarters? Do they look like American quarters?

Come to think of it, I suppose they have laundromats and car washes in France, too...

The city was quartered since its birth. The Spanish had lots to do with it since they have their own quarter. There is also the american quarter, but I do not know who has the fourth quarter.

How did I find about this little tidbit? Well I was enjoying beignets and cafe o'lay at the Cafe Du Monde. I noticed construction going at the place formerly known as 'Jackson Square'. I crossed Decatur St. and found a comrade in a hard hat.

I asked, "What is going on?" They said they are finishing up a six month project. They got into the details that they were going to put up the bronze Hillary before, but due to Tubman's popularity, they put Tubman up instead. People complained about Tubman so they put Hillary back up. The pace of erection was fascinating when you know how fast construction happens in Louisiana. It takes a year to have the same thing happen with other statues.

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:The French have quarters? Do they look like American quarters?

Come to think of it, I suppose they have laundromats and car washes in France, too...

They also have 1/4 pounders. Except they don't call them that. They call them monarchists with yellow aged dairy product.

Life imitates the People's Cube. A once synagogue is now a mosque. The problem with that though is it will not convert to anything after that happens.