Joe Biden: A Staunch Supporter of Human Rights Abuses

According to a secret Soviet archival document, Joe Biden appears to be in competition with our very own Commissar Theocritus for the title of Director of Unanimous Compassion, Backstabbing, and Impaling for the Common Good.

Biden's Secret Diplomacy
By Vladimir Bukovsky and Pavel Stroilov
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here before us is a Soviet archival document,* a top secret report by a communist apparatchik who had received a delegation of US Senators led by Joseph Biden in 1979. After describing routine arms control discussions, it quotes Biden as telling the Soviets off-record that he did not really care about the persecution of Russian dissidents. He and other Senators might raise human rights issues with their Soviet counterparts, but only to be seen by the public as defenders of human rights, not to have those problems really solved. They would happily take no for an answer.

Vadim V. Zagladin, the then deputy head of the International Department of the CPSU Central Committee (the organization formerly known as the Comintern), wrote in the report:
The delegation did not officially raise the issue of human rights during the negotiations. Biden said they did not want 'to spoil the atmosphere with problems which are bound to cause distrust in our relations.' However, during the breaks between the sessions the senators passed to us several letters concerning these or those 'refuseniks'.
Refuseniks were one of the best known groups of oppressed citizens in the USSR at that time: thousands of Jews who were refused exit permissions to emigrate to Israel on various trumped-up pretexts.
Unofficially, Biden and [Senator Richard] Lugar said that, in the end of the day, they were not so much concerned with having a problem of this or that citizen solved as with showing to the American public that they do care for 'human rights'. They must prove to their voters that they are 'effective in fulfilling their wishes'. In other words, the collocutors directly admitted that what is happening is a kind of a show, that they absolutely do not care for the fate of most so-called dissidents.

In the same conversation, Biden asked us to ensure that senators' appeals on those issues are not left unanswered - even if we just reply that the letter is received but we cannot do anything.

Obama has picked Biden precisely for his experience in foreign relations and will rely on him in those issues. The world has just become a better place indeed!

HOPE & CHANGE, COMRADES! HOPE & CHANGE!

VP-Elect Biden is a world class diplomat and is highly experienced with foreign relations with other countries sympathetic with the Progressive movement. The Messiah chose well when He tapped Sen. Biden to be His running mate.

Biden will have more opportunities to meet with world leaders after he's sworn in as VPOTUS. He will make our USSA into a beacon for all the world to admire and emulate.

May the Obama bless you and make your mortgages be paid in full!!

My lord. All I do is turn my back and that damned Biden is stealing <i>again</i> but this time from me. I don't care if he steals from Tony Blair. I don't care if he plagiarizes law-school papers. I don't care if even his resignation speech from the presidential race is stolen. I don't care.

Unless it's from me. Then I get really really pissed.

I care. I <i>really</i> care. I care about everything and because I care about everything it's all about me--get it? I care=look at me. And to have the Biden go over to Russia and say that he just has to care. My lord but that man would steal a pencil from a blind man.

I wonder if the Biden could care about Bruno as much as I do. I wonder how much a one-way ticket to Delaware costs...

After describing routine arms control discussions, it quotes Biden as telling the Soviets off-record that he did not really care about the persecution of Russian dissidents. He and other Senators might raise human rights issues with their Soviet counterparts, but only to be seen by the public as defenders of human rights, not to have those problems really solved. They would happily take no for an answer.

I cannot imagine a better synopsis for what Obama's foriegn policy will look like in action. Half whitey wasnt measuring any drapes in contemplating the White House, he's too busy preparing for more curtains!

zmdavid
Biden has a good chance of becoming President. Obama promised to meet with America's enemies without preconditions. In case he doesn't know it, America's enemies can be dangerous, and Ahmadinejad, at least has a history of hostage taking.

zmdavid, no one would interfere with the Chosen One. He has tread the dangerous waters of law school and community organizing, with thrills and dangers a thousand a second. And he's had so much experience in the senate too. The man is Rambo, I tell you. Rambo. Commando. If Ahbeenafuckingjerk threatens him, he'll hit him with a writ and walk away, leaving blood on the carpet.

The other good thing about Comrade Joe O'Biden is if he does misspeak, everyone assumes that he has been boozin with Comrade Teddy and Countrywide Dodd again.

Or perhaps the expectations were so low to begin with. After all, if the Chosen One had chosen say a toadstool people would expect more, wouldn't they?

I had honestly thought that The Chosen One had originally chosen himself as the running mate: Obama & Obama 2008, Hope AND Change.

Evidently, O'Biden was the concession to Teddy for his early support at purging SHE-THAT-CANNOT-BE-NAMED. I hope that Soros can be strong enough to balance the alliance between the North-east elite liberals and the Chicago Thug Communists when Teddy dies. O'Biden can drink Teddy's scotch, but he can't fill Teddy's shoes.

Just don't tell the proles what is really going on behind the Red Curtain: just keep blaming Bush. 78 years from now it will still be Bush's fault, like an evil Emmanuel Goldstein.

Yes, Pul, in 78 years the textbooks of children--all pictures, you know since no one will be able to read--will have pictures of Hitler and Bush together. With the abilities of Photoshop they will be high-fiving each other.

There will be two classes of leader: those who weren't defeated and those who were. Those who were defeated will come in for special scorn.

Our comrades have always hated the Bu$hitler and with reason. Why would anyone depose Saddam Hussein with his creative people Cuisinart? Only a fool that's who.

But over the last four years we Progressives have managed to heap more hatred on him than I have seen heaped on anyone at any time anywhere. Irrational hatred, spiteful hatred, lies, false accusations, pop-eyed, vein-stretching hatred. Complete and total hatred that roils the gut.

From everyone. The high and the mighty, the academics, the media, everywhere. Everyone hates him more than people hate Hitler.

And you know what? He noticed! He noticed! He caved. And that makes us hate <i>and</i> despise him. For after all, what use is a strongman who caves? What would the world be like if a strongman caved? We'd cry out eyes out if Mao had caved, or it Castro caved.

Comrades,
Sen. Lugar's name has been bandied about as a possible R in the Obama ointment. There used to be a difference between a Hoosier and a Hoser, but it's become more than just two vowels. Actually, that should be less, should it not?

Is Lugar a Republican? I didn't know that. Had no idea. I mean, well, it just stands to reason...

And what about Specter? Someone said that <i>he</i> was a Republican. Not so that you'd notice it.

Just bumping up an old topic:

We're screwed.

Red Square wrote:Just bumping up an old topic:

We're screwed.
Joe Biden being a staunch supporter of human rights abuses is korrect.

Hang tight Komrade Square, we're not screwed until the fat gapped toothed buffalo heifer of Fulton Co. Georgia sings and that hasn't happened yet.