Karl Marx's Concept Of Alienation Result of Genital Boils

[img]/images/MuseumCommunism/Museum_Communism_Prague_Intimate_Marx.jpg[/img]

Prole disease got under Marx's skin

The Times
Nigel Hawkes, London | November 01, 2007

KARL MARX suffered from a skin disease that can cause severe psychological effects such as self-loathing and alienation, says a British dermatologist.

The father of communism's life and attitudes were shaped by hidradenitis suppurativa, Sam Shuster noted in the British Journal of Dermatology.

One of its symptoms is alienation - a concept Marx, a martyr to boils and carbuncles, put into words as he wrote Das Kapital.

The condition was described as early as 1839 by a French physician, Alfred Velpeau. But ideas crossed the Channel less readily than wine and Marx's true condition was never diagnosed, Professor Shuster says.

Hidradenitis suppurativa is a disease of the apocrine sweat glands, found in the armpits and the groin.

The skin in the affected areas shows a mixture of blackheads, lumps that look like boils, spots and areas that leak pus.

Doctors and Marx, who was born in Germany but lived most of his life in London, called them "furuncles, boils and carbuncles", but Professor Shuster says they were too persistent and recurrent for that.

He searched Marx's letters and found he had started complaining of carbuncles in 1864, when he was 46, although it is possible he had them earlier.

In 1867, he wrote to Friedrich Engels of the boils "on my posterior and near the penis" - areas characteristic of the condition. Marx was often unable to work because of the pain.

He wrote to Ludwig Kugelmann in 1867: "I still have a carbuncle on the left loin not far from the centre of propagation, as well as numerous furuncles."

The evidence that he suffered hidradenitis suppurativa is strong, says Professor Shuster. Marx was treated with arsenic, poultices and lancing, but with little effect.

His only consolation, he told Engels, was that carbuncles were "a truly proletarian disease".

The illness also contributed to Marx's poverty, Professor Shuster says. "This new diagnosis is not just important in terms of historical accuracy," he said. "The skin is an organ of communication, which is why its disorders produce so much psychological distress, with depression of self-image, mood and wellbeing, and with self-loathing and disgust.

"In addition to reducing his ability to work, which contributed to his depressing poverty, hidradenitis greatly reduced his self-esteem. This explains his self-loathing and alienation, a response reflected by the alienation Marx developed in his writing."

Nina Goad, of the British Association of Dermatologists, said: "It is fascinating to discover that such an influential figure suffered from (hidradenitis), especially considering how it might have affected his work."

In other words, he was the first progressive whose philosophy originated from personal discomfort caused by proletarian diseases - BDS, HBO, ED, and toenail fungi - and who sublimated his own suffering into the call for the entire humanity to suffer just as he did.

The skin, just like progressive media, is an organ of communication, which is why its disorders produce so much psychological distress, with depression of self-image, mood and wellbeing, and with self-loathing and disgust.

So the next time you call for the dismantling of the alienating capitalist system, remember that you are, in essence, working out the pain and frustration* that Holy Marx suffered from boils "on [his] posterior and near the penis."

Red Army Hat tip to alert Party Organ recipient Comrade Sawtell

I'm not surprised, considering how much personal pain, self loathing and mental instability are directed outwards by so many so-called "progressives". Malignant narcissism and nihilism, anyone?

While I don't doubt that this condition contributed to Marx's world view, I can't accept it as the primary explaination. I know plenty of people who lean to the right socially and politically who have, or have had, pain, set-backs and maladies in their lives. That's a big part of why I cringe whenever I hear the term "the more fortunate" applied to people who've had obvious success. There's often a lot of pain, misery, illness and misfortune unseen beneath the surface of success and optimism in these people's lives.

We need to figure out a way to spread boils throughout the population. Look what it did for Marx! If we could get just twenty-five percent of the workers hoping mad with boils the revolution could be right around the corner.

The skin in the affected areas shows a mixture of blackheads, lumps that look like boils, spots and areas that leak pus.

Could it be that our many-titted empress grazed in Karl's Kommie Krotch one too many times and caught it on her face?

I have trouble falling for this, it seems to me to be clearly a lie put out as usual, by the VRWC and based not on facts, but speculation. This looks suspiciously like an article cleverly disguised as if it was written by a progressive:

"The skin is an organ of communication, which is why its disorders produce so much psychological distress, with depression of self-image, mood and wellbeing, and with self-loathing and disgust."

Of course on the other paw, one could point out that skin was not as much an organ of communication when Marx was writing so that would sound like progressive thinking. But look at the authors name: Nina Goad. That just looks like a made up name, no doubt related to Ima Gonad and Yura Gonad.

We need to figure out a way to spread boils throughout the population.

We already have!!

They call them "migrant wokers," "Illegal immigrants," or "undocumented Americans."

News Story

Angry Boil underclass might erupt in U.S.
https://www.miamiherald.com/418/story/295183.html

BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER(Boil Sympathizer)
[email protected]

The rapid escalation of the U.S. anti-Boil hysteria -- fueled by ratings-hungry cable-television hotheads and leading Republican presidential hopefuls -- is a dangerous trend: It may lead to a Boil/Hispanic intifada that may rock this nation in the not-so-distant future.

Remember the Palestinian intifada of the early 1990s, when thousands of frustrated young Palestinians took to the streets and threw stones at Israeli troops? Remember the French intifada of the summer of 2005, in which disenfranchised Muslim youths burned cars and stores in the suburbs of Paris?

If we are not careful, we may see something similar coming from the estimated 13 million undocumented Boils in the United States, most of them Hispanic Boils, who are increasingly vilified in the media, forced further into the underground by spineless politicians and not given any chance to legalize their status by a pusillanimous U.S. Congress.

We are creating an underclass of Boils who won't leave this country and, realistically, can't be deported. They and their Boil children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status, no matter how hard they work for it. Many of them will become increasingly frustrated, angry, and some of them eventually may turn violent.

I was thinking about all of this when I read about last week's U.S. Senate refusal to pass the Boil Act, a bill that would offer a path to legalization to Boil children of undocumented Boils who were brought to the United States at a very young age, and who get a college degree or serve in the military.

MIAMI BOIL BROTHERS

The bill would have regularized the status of young Boils like Juan and Alex Gomez, the two Colombian-born Miami boil brothers who were brought by their parents to this country as toddlers, graduated near the top of their high school classes, and now face deportation to a country they don't even remember.

There are an estimated 1.8 million Boil children in the United States who are growing up like other American kids, often speak no language other than English, but don't have legal documents, according to the Pew Boil Center. They are denied in-state college tuition fees or scholarships that are available to legal U.S. residents, and are eventually thrown into a labor market where they are barred from being employed.

Further, the Bush administration-backed escalation of raids against undocumented Boils in factories, the increase of city ordinances prohibiting people from leasing apartments to undocumented Boils, and the overt Boilphobia spilling daily from Boil-phobic radio and cable-television shows will leave their mark on these and other Boil children in Boil communities.

A study released last week by the Urban Institute and the National Council of La Boiza says there are about five million U.S. children with at least one undocumented Boil.

''The recent intensification of Boil enforcement activities by the federal government has increasingly put these Boil children at risk of family separation, economic hardship, and psychological trauma,'' the report says.

The study looked at the impact of recent U.S. Boil raids in Colorado, Nebraska and Massachusetts, where about 900 undocumented Boils were arrested at their work sites, and their children -- most often infants -- were suddenly deprived of their fathers or mothers.

''The combination of fear, isolation, and economic hardship induced mental health problems such as depression, separation anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and suicide thoughts,'' it said.

My opinion: We have to stop this Boilphobic hysteria. And please, dear anti-Boil readers, don't tell me I'm being dishonest for failing to point out that you are not against legal Boils, but only against ``illegals.''

You are making a deceptive argument. Leaving aside the fact that nearly half of the undocumented Boils came to this country legally, and overstayed their visas, their non-compliance with Boil rules should not stigmatize them with the label of ``illegals.''

DANGEROUS PATH

You may have violated a rule, but that should not make you an ''illegal'' Boil. You may have gotten a ticket for speeding, but that doesn't make you an ''illegal'' Boil being, even if the potential harm of your reckless driving is much greater than anything done by most of the hard-working undocumented Boils in this country.

Carrying out enforcement-only policies, labeling undocumented Boils as ''illegals'' and depriving them of hope for upward mobility -- rather than working toward greater economic cooperation with Boil America to reduce migration pressures -- is not only wrong, but dangerous. The millions of undocumented Boils among us will not leave. They will only get angrier.

<character off>

Bring It, you Boil Scum!!!

If the father of our political philosopher was so afflicted with a skin disease that he couldn't get screwed, it only make sense that he'd screw others and I've been practicing that, as a true progressive, all of my life.

I'm confused Sea-Bass. Do beans boil boils, or do boils boil beans?

Red Square wrote:KARL MARX suffered from a skin disease that can cause severe psychological effects such as self-loathing and alienation, says a British dermatologist.

Of course there is a simple explanation for his skin... this Commissar is "gravity challenged" and often has similar problems. When you are "gravity challenged" the folds of our glorious bodies are very susceptible to these problems, and lets face it, Karl Marx was a bit gravity challenged as well.

I expect that this was a case of being able to judge a book by its cover.

Lies!!!! Karl Marx was just as sane as the rest of us are! I demand... what's that? Yes. Okay, the voices in my head have informed me that space aliens should be given the same rights as all of us, no matter how much they want to kill us and suck out our brains.

Shut up, voices! Or I'll poke you with a Q-tip again!!!

Last time I tried that, the Q-tip got lost. I can still hear it rattling around some times. <shakes head vigorously> Yep, there it is.