Knowing the Difference Between Small and Large Kurds

Kurds_Antifa.jpg

PROG OFF

People often tend to confuse our operations alongside the Iraqi Kurds with those alongside the Syrian Kurds. Those are two different conflicts, different stories, and different wars.

In Iraq, the Kurds had sided with us to defeat Saddam. In Syria, it was the U.S. that sided with the Kurds to help them defeat ISIS, whom they were fighting anyway. Now ISIS has been defeated and the Kurds are back to fighting Turkey, resuming their multi-generation hostilities with our, albeit formal, NATO ally.

The pullout of 50 to 100 U.S. special operations forces out of Kurd-held northern Syria is described in the media as a biblical-scale catastrophe, and it is affecting some of the anti-Trump conservatives like Ben Shapiro. I repeat: the number is between 50 and 100, and they are being relocated to spare them the crossfire in a purely ethnic Turk/Kurd conflict. Such a creation of mountains out of molehills is very similar to what happens when Rachael Maddow puts on a padded brassiere.

Additionally, the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a Kurdish far-left militant and political organization, is getting enough help from the American and European members of Antifa, who are coming there for combat experience, which they're expecting to use back at home. The Rolling Stonewrote about this last year, and Mother Jones just now. A simple search will produce plenty of MSM stories that glorify Antifa joining the Kurdistan Workers' Party.

OANN summed it up best in this video: Kurdish militia trained Antifa fighters in Northern Syria.

I've known about the ongoing Kurdish communist terrorism in Turkey for years. Having little sympathy for either of the sides, I don't mind using one or the other to gain a strategic advantage. But I wouldn't lose any more Americans in those ethnic/sectarian conflicts that have been festering for centuries and can't be solved just by taking sides.

Memo to Ben Shapiro: Kurds have done plenty of ethnic cleansings themselves, mass-murdering and enslaving Jews, Christians, and Yazidis. They took an active role in what's known as Armenian genocide in Turkey, also killing thousands of Greeks and Assyrians into the bargain.

I don't believe in anyone's collective guilt for what happened a century ago, but the fact is that little has changed in those territories and it can easily happen again.

In conclusion, I second the sentiment in the title from Robert Spencer's JihadWatch: Don't Romanticize the Kurds.

[OFF]
Red Square wrote:... little sympathy for either of the sides ...
in their
Red Square wrote:... ethnic/sectarian conflicts that have been festering for centuries and can't be solved just by [any-western-elites-illusion-here] ...
Kubic minds think a'Laika.

[ON]
Kinda "disappointin′": the Lil' Kurds trade under "ANTIFASCIST ACTION"?
Ha? Not "ANTIFASCHISTISCHE AKTION"?

[OFF]
Romanticizing the Kurds: exactly the thing absolutely prevalent in Germany*, in all current "elites" (fully leftish or leftish tinged "opinion makers" (MSM/NGOs/pols/non-STEM-academia/edookayshun) and "well-to-do non-producers (= thrive on taxpayers' €€, mostly urban)" strata). And, of course, in the squadrons of local Antifa.

* "under" the current - since late 90s - "elites", Germany has gone absolutely gaga, in all major aspects: body politic (corruption/stupidity/cowardice), authoritarianism constantly rising, legal system (interwoven with "politics", losing independence), economy (march towards command economy), education (quality/infrastructure/staff: all in decline), and generally: primacy of abstruse ideologies, viz. centralization (EUSSR & intern), "greenism" (Klimatism/Ekologism/Windo-Solarism), "internationalism" alias One-World-ism ("open"/"diverse"/"multkult").

German POV (ask especially ex-GDR peeps, working neurons assumed):
Clearly a march towards GDR 2.0 (and in several aspects, it's already "progresser" than ol' GDR).

I denounce the implication that some elite Kurds are greater than some marginalized lesser Kurds...

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:[OFF]

German POV (ask especially ex-GDR peeps, working neurons assumed):
Clearly a march towards GDR 2.0 (and in several aspects, it's already "progresser" than ol' GDR).
Many times when reading posts, I have to remind myself that GDR=DDR. DDR being the prevalent way it was referred to when I was in Schweinfurt in the 80's.

Warren Peas wrote:
Genosse Dummkopf wrote:... ex-GDR peeps .. march towards GDR 2.0 .. "progresser" than ol' GDR ...
Many times when reading posts, I have to remind myself that GDR=DDR. DDR being the prevalent way it was referred to when I was in Schweinfurt in the 80's.
Sigh... And me, when writing a post, always reminds my Dummkopf to switch from 'DDR' to 'GDR' (assuming that - statistically - more Kubists know instantly the latter, rather than the former).

"Tolstoian" Komrade W&P, have you been in (beautiful!) Franconia b/c of military business?
If so, then: thank you from the heart, and now.. go to Gulag, amyerikanskiy militarist!

Or have you been here - Franconia, part of (beautiful!) Bavaria - b/c of business business?
If so, then: thank you from the heart, and now.. go to Gulag, amyerikanskiy impyeryalist!

[/color]
But, but, back to beets to Kurdistan...

From Latma TV, brilliant Israeli satire channel: .(alas, their fabulous jokestery stopped in 2014)

5 minutes (2010), featuring, in order of appearance:
AhmadinejadAssadErdoganNasrallah
(halcyon relations SyriaTurkey lively discussed @0:36)
(& "Kurdish question" boldly addressed, in passing)

... plus encores!:

Mystery item No. 1

Dearest Genosse, I have loved those Latma videos. (One of my favorites is "We Con the World.")

RedDiaperette wrote:... I have loved those Latma videos. (One of my favorites ...)
Oy!
And we had some of them already Kubed! (like e.g. here)

Latma in droves: in their channel, with sheyne playlists, like e.g. the Full Episodes in English.
The search function also helps (for instance, to look for Cultured Oxford Professor alias Professor Yusuf Al-Mahali, or Palestinian Minister of Uncontrollable Rage alias Tawil Fadiha, etc.)

Add-on: 3.5 minutes with Volodya P
(and khis khyeavi Russo-Khyebraik akzyent) (plyus ryed-khot syexizm!):