Legacies in Contrast (Castro vs Carter)

Fidel Castro appears to be releasing his grip on Cuba and is leaving Cuba's future to others. No matter the outcome, Castro has for all practical purposes chiseled his legacy in stone. He has successfully destroyed the lives of three Cuban generations. Not too shabby for one lifetime's work. But this is the advantage of term limitless dictatorships. Leaders have time to develop their dreams.

Castro's dear friend President Jimmy Carter on the other hand had not the luxury of time and only served one presidential term. True, he was able to cause enduring problems for the world at large, Iran, Panama, and Misery Index to name a few. But his short reign would never have allowed Carter to achieve the stature of a Castro. Such is life in term limited democracies.

cater.jpg

I hate that such an old, dried up cogger, like Carter thinks he was the worst, until Obam, that is. My my, have we forgotten about Reagan? Way too many capitalist jobs were created... which, umm, lead to.... a bad economy. yes that's it!

Comrade Peoples,

I really feel sorry for Jimmah that he didn't have an adequate chance to fulfill his true potential like Castro did. Yes, he is the father of modern day terrorism getting rid of the Shaw and all... and don't forget the hostages he turned his back on, writing them off for 444 days. He did give us the Windfall Profits Tax that really socked it to the consumer. And of course who can forget the famous Misery Index. That relic is more relevant today and is making a huge comeback thanks to Dear Leader. And don't forget Jimmy and the 55mph speed limit that not only cost huge amounts of wasted time, but wasted fuel as well. He was the inspiration behind the song: "I Can't Drive 55".

It's a terrible shame he wasn't given 2 terms. Imagine the havok he could have wreaked with the double-digit everything. And now that he's got one foot in the grave trying to make a legacy for himself by hating Jews and Israel, dissing America to thugs and dictators, and building some of the most shitty, cheap-ass housing around, and writing books nobody reads, we can all reminesce about what could have been.

ImageThanks, Jimmah

Comrades,

Forgive me-- I can't stop myself from providing this link. The YouTube versions no longer work, so to watch the video you must be able to play the Windows Movie Video (wmv) format.

--KOOK

The Misery Index. I remember it well. Cost me hundreds of thousand$ in the late 70's.

I went looking for info. Found this - https://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/008516.html

As if April 14- "Adding 12% to 8.7% gives us a misery index of 20.7%"

And as a matter of fact, the Misery Index page does exist-

Misery Index
The misery index was initiated by Chicago Economist Robert Barro in the 1970's. It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate.
www.miseryindex.us/

Looks like the Dimocrats control it now.

Rejoice and weep not for Carter Comrades..... Isn't Obama just Carter's second term???
[/indentr]

Proletarian Robot wrote:
Rejoice and weep not for Carter Comrades..... Isn't Obama just Carter's second term???
[/indentr]

Stupid Springtime, my allergies make it difficult to breathe.

I wonder if rabbits enjoy the taste of peanut brains.

Father Prog Theocritus is the resident expert on the Jimah Carter Nano Nuclar Rabbits. Maybe he will know.

I've been thinking...I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I just can't help myself...Seems to me there's some sort of conspiracy going on concerning rabbits attacking prominent progressives and it's been going on for a long time. Or is it my imagination?