Lexical Equality for Dord Now!

Dord_Now_Sign.png
It is time to right a grievous wrong perpetrated on an innocent word simply because it was “different”. Today is the anniversary of a dark day of ignorance and repression.

Today we remember when on this day in 1939, the word “Dord” was found hiding in Webster's New International Dictionary, was outed, and brutally elided from subsequent editions. Thus for more than seven decades, Dord has had no identity, no part of speech, and is so confused about its identity as to have neither conjugation nor declension.

In short, Dord has no meaning.
To make matters worse, since 1939, Dord has been called "erroneous". It's not enough that it's been branded as a non-word, it has to be insulted as well. Even today, if you look up “1939 Dord” online, haughty Google asks with bigoted insensitivity, “Did you mean 1939 Ford?” Can't you just feel the hate?
Isn't it time in this new and enlightened age of tolerance that we give Dord a chance? With the rest of humanity coming out and demanding rights and recognition, isn't it time somebody stood up for Dord? With at least 30% of the English language having an etymology based in Dord, isn't it time for Dord to come out and be recognized? Isn't Dord worthy of the laud and adulation of our culture, maybe even a phone call from the president?
Comrades, this new and wonderful word needs an identity. No longer let Dord be marginalized. It's time to determine its part of speech and usage. Have you ever been to Dord? Have you met Dord? Have you ever seen anything so dordesque in all your life? Have you ever been dording with friends (for the Greater Good™, of course)? Has it ever been said of you that did something dordedly?
You may have Dord leanings yourself. That's okay, because everybody does. Being a Dord is natural and beautiful! Celebrate your inner Dord! Say, “We are Dords and we are proud!” Come out, Dords, come out wherever you are. We accept you and will help you find out what you are.

My dord can whip your dord's teabagger butt and not even break a sweat...

Article Quote: "Dord" was struck from the pages of Webster's International 1940 edition and "density" was added as an additional meaning for the abbreviation "[highlight=#ffff00]D or d[/highlight]" as originally intended.

So, to D or not to d, that is the question!

Ohmydord-ohmydord-ohmydord! (OMD-OMD-OMD!)

On behalf of the entire Dordom, let me dord you on the new dordate story about the dordful suffering of the dord-deprived dordizens in time of dordship. How dordient of you to speak on behalf of all the dords struggling to dordify the undordable dordness!

The dordiness is strong within this one! Dord yeah!

In my part of the country, the word dord is alive and well. A dord is a dork with a mouth full of kumquats. The implication is that dords are really happy people instead of miserable abhorrers of the natural order of life.

The only real question becomes: when two dords get together, will we call their union a marriage? Will I have to bake them a cake and celebrate?

Centers for Disease Control wrote:The only real question becomes: when two dords get together, will we call their union a marriage? Will I have to bake them a cake and celebrate?
By dord, you will. It doesn't matter if you're not a baker. Your unwillingness to learn the trade and set up your own bakery is just more proof of your dordophobia. Dordophobia can be treated through mandatory sensitivity training in cold regions of the globe.

Blogunov, I'm surprised at you. And disappointed. How can you raise awareness of dord without government funding?

For that matter, how can anyone do anything without government funding?

And that's why, in my eighty millionth pivot to creating yet another government program with all the funding it will require, I propose the formation of an initiative called My Dord's Keeper.

My Dord's Keeper will raise awareness of dord and the need to establish even more programs and provide even more funding for programs that raise awareness of dord, through raising awareness and fundraising and holding appeals for more funds and more awareness for studying the need to take the first steps toward acting on discussing and considering the various ways My Dord's Keeper can reach out into the community as well as people's pockets and advance an agenda that will allow us search, find, and identify dords in need, and assist and empower them by urging them to sign up at MyDordsKeeper.gov, which in turn will give them access to the tools they need to register and determine their eligibility for the government assistance they're entitled to.

My Dord's Keeper will be totally self-sustaining through continued government funding made possible by the use of multiple verbs that will keep this idea going and going without any end—for if there's one thing a government program can never do, it's come to an end.

I tried keeping dords once, but cleaning their cage was dangerous. Don't ask...

Once the Grammatically And Ideologically Korreckt Word Dord has justly and equally been distributed into the updated Newsspeak dictionary, it will mean whatever Politikally Korreckt idea Big brother wishes it to.

If you like your Dord, you can keep your Dord. Dord.

Everyone has to the right to know whether or not their president is a dord. well, I am not a Dord.

We the Dords, in order to Dord a more Dordly Dord, Establish Dordship, and ensure Dordmestic Dordquility...

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Blogunov, I'm surprised at you. And disappointed. How can you raise awareness of dord without government funding?

For that matter, how can anyone do anything without government funding?

And that's why, in my eighty millionth pivot to creating yet another government program with all the funding it will require, I propose the formation of an initiative called My Dord's Keeper.

My Dord's Keeper will raise awareness of dord and the need to establish even more programs and provide even more funding for programs that raise awareness of dord, through raising awareness and fundraising and holding appeals for more funds and more awareness for studying the need to take the first steps toward acting on discussing and considering the various ways My Dord's Keeper can reach out into the community as well as people's pockets and advance an agenda that will allow us search, find, and identify dords in need, and assist and empower them by urging them to sign up at MyDordsKeeper.gov, which in turn will give them access to the tools they need to register and determine their eligibility for the government assistance they're entitled to.

My Dord's Keeper will be totally self-sustaining through continued government funding made possible by the use of multiple verbs that will keep this idea going and going without any end—for if there's one thing a government program can never do, it's come to an end.
As usual, Pinky, you're right (I mean that in a good way, like correct, but not like there's an opposing wrong, just that you're on the cutting edge of the Current Truth™). To proceed without government funding is so - individualistic. What was I thinking? Why was I thinking?
After dording it over for a little while, I thought of some other angles to make this a multi-dorded effort. Let's get an actor who has portrayed a Dord to testify before Congress about the importance of government funding for MyDordsKeeper.gov. Let's provoke lawsuits against religious institutions that don't accept Dords and we'll get the reflexive sympathy of the media. Then we'll demand that Dords be given equal contracts in professional sports and in the Olympics. Finally, and this always works, we must emphasize with lots of statistics just how many disabled minority kittens will suffer from emphysema and low self-esteem due to second hand SUV fumes if pro-dord legislation is not passed. And then enforcement through the tax code will fund Inner Party parties indefinitely.
Dord, yeah!

I could not agree more with [color=#C0392B]RedDiaperette[/color] when she wrote:I tried keeping dords once, but cleaning their cage was dangerous. Don't ask...

I got bit once!

wear-gloves-when-handling-Dord.jpg

Images I used

There are many words that can be made up with this neglected piece of language.

I need to dordify the drapes in the living room.

The President's approval rating plummeted after Dordgate.

Senator, are you going to answer counsel's questions or are you going to just sit there, dording?

She looked at him, her eyes all dordy, pushed the intercom button and said, "PUt it into warp drive engineer. And don't disturb me for the next hour or so. I'll be in the captain's chambers with....a friend."

I never imagined the photodording this post would inspire. No, not in my wildest dords.

I once knew a dord, and you, sir, are not a dord!

I demand that Dord be included in FaceBook's Gender options!

My research into what could be infesting RedDiaperette's cage has finally paid off:

DORD=DOG+BIRD!

[img]/images/DORD_Dog_Bird.jpg[/img]