McDonald's flips arches upside down to celebrate Women's Day

[img]/images/various_uploads/McDonalds_Womens_Day_Arches.jpg[/img]

It's not a bizarre prank, and it's not a mistake, it's life itself imitating the People's Cube.

McDonald's Chief Diversity Officer Wendy Lewis says: “In celebration of women everywhere, and for the first time in our brand history, we flipped our iconic arches for International Women's Day in honor of the extraordinary accomplishments of women everywhere and especially in our restaurants.”

On Thursday, McDonald's will turn its logo upside down on all digital channels such as Twitter and Instagram as well. The restaurant chain also says they will have special packaging, crew shirts, and hats at 100 of their restaurants nationwide.

Our People's editorial board heartily applauded this clever visual agitation, remembering how in our junior years we also celebrated women everywhere by drawing similar outlines. Then somebody told us that the upside-down arches actually represented the letter "W" as in "Women." We carefully examined the picture and had to agree that it might be true. That wasn't bad either.

It works on so many levels!

[img]/images/various_uploads/McDonalds_Womens_Day_Women.jpg[/img]

Ivan... you Tractor Barn #2 dog!

(...see you tomorrow night!)

Image .
Let's hope a renegade egg doesn't drop down on Ivan's head!

Image .
Your turn...

I'm shovel ready! Do you think there's anything buried under that big W?

Ohhhhh.... Ivan took his best bud, Captain Craptek, on his road trip!

Someone just commented on our FB page to the effect that once they flip the M and made it W for women for one day, then the rest of the 364 days of the year the M will now be standing for men. Which wasn't the case before they started messing with the logo.

It's the law of unintended consequences. As usual the progressive masterminds of this idea didn't think this through all the way.

In summary, the arches must now forever remain upside down lest the restaurant chain be accused of poisoning their customers with toxic masculinity.

Feminist protesters will picket it with cleverly designed signs, parodying the iconic arches to say, "M is for misogyny and male chauvinism."

As these nice wymnfolk seem to be wearing the shirt depicting both the topical corporate logo, AND the representation of the tools of the trade for the aging "milch-frau", (which starts with an M for the rest of the year) the management and staff at Tractor Barn #2 extend wishes for a happy day to all wymnkind (provided it's not sexist to say so) and announce that it's going to be "ladies night" at the tractor barn!

Show your Equality and buy the guys a drink! Tonight we're even opening a special cask of "Krasnodar Reserve" we just located in a fertilizer tank....

Comrades, much glorious good has come in just a single day from flipping the M to a W!

For example - Connie will now have a fuller and much more equal life.
.0.PNG
I raise a tin cup of beet vodka in her general direction!

R.O.C.K in the USSA ....Does this mean that the bathrooms or hygiene chambers for men will contain doctors for gender re-assignment surgery or testicle harvesting rooms during this celebration? Are they serving pussy hats on buns during this celebration because I would certainly have problems passing a pussy hat through my colon if I was served one with cheese on a toasted bun......

What's in the "Big Mary?"

Everybody sing along!

"...Pink Pussy-hat special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun..."

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:What's in the "Big Mary?"

Everybody sing along!

"...Pink Pussy-hat special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun..."

If I'm not mistaken there will be a "leftover" after Ronnie trans-genderizes to Connie. I hope it's disposed of properly and isn't accidently served with the pink pussy-hat special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun...

Awe, Jeeze. What a bunch of flippin' idiots.

How Clara Zetkin and Rosa Luxemburg came up with Int'l Women's Day on March 8th.

Featuring Karl Marx.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Clara_Zetkin_Rosa_Lux_Karl_Marx.jpg[/img]
It would help if you speak and understand the Mother Tongue. If you don't, here's the skinny:

Part 1: The Int'l Women's Day conspiracy by Clara and Rosa.
Part 2: Karl nicks Clara's corals and Clara nicks Karl's clarinet. Try to say it fast several times.

I think we should tell them McDonald's is secretly celebrating Bush 43 and they've been made the butt of a terrible practical joke.

Comrade Putout wrote:
IVAN!!

I go with Ivan on this one - "M's" must remain firm!

Red Square wrote:How Clara Zetkin and Rosa Luxemburg came up with Int'l Women's Day on March 8th.

Featuring Karl Marx.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Clara_Zetkin_Rosa_Lux_Karl_Marx.jpg[/img]
It would help if you speak and understand the Mother Tongue. If you don't, here's the skinny:

Part 1: The Int'l Women's Day conspiracy by Clara and Rosa.
Part 2: Karl nicks Clara's corals and Clara nicks Karl's clarinet. Try to say it fast several times.

My favorite part was where Clara tells Rosa "I'll bust Karl's balls if he doesn't give us our damn Int'n Woman's Day!"

The costumes are TERRIBLE! Too frumpy and no OSTRICH FEATHER!

trashmouth wrote:R.O.C.K in the USSA ....Does this mean that the bathrooms or hygiene chambers for men will contain doctors for gender re-assignment surgery or testicle harvesting rooms during this celebration? Are they serving pussy hats on buns during this celebration because I would certainly have problems passing a pussy hat through my colon if I was served one with cheese on a toasted bun......
Ah, comrade, please forgive my late response - I have been attending Womyn's Rallies™ for several glorious days. Frankly, I also had a bit too much beet vodka.For best results I do recommend coating pussy hat sandwiches with a significant amount of The People's Beet-Flavored Vaseline™ before eating them!!

Nothing supports women's empowerment more than the flipping of the McDonald's logo. Seriously. I wish I had thought of that. I would be instantly powerful! (I still would order a Big Mac but, don't tell anybody, wink, wink)

Pamalinsky wrote:Nothing supports women's empowerment more than the flipping of the McDonald's logo. Seriously. I wish I had thought of that. I would be instantly powerful! (I still would order a Big Mac but, don't tell anybody, wink, wink)
It's fine to order a Big Mac as long as you flip it and eat it upside down. It can make you instantly powerful.

Share this idea with 13 feminist empowerment activists, or it won't work. And for them to become instantly powerful, they must also share this idea with 13 feminists, and so on. The more powerful they get, the more power will be gained by the one who started this piramid - you.

You are welcome.

Hey Comrade Red, the babes at the top get the top of the power! That's just the way things roll. I mean, like, I'm not actually in favor of evil Capitalism, or anything like that but, if you can roll the idiots you got yourself on a roll!

Oh, and thank you!

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
I cannot understand the reason for inattentiveness of students and their laughter in the background of this informative and educational lecture... other than that, it made sense to me.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
$.$. Halliburton wrote:
I cannot understand the reason for inattentiveness of students and their laughter in the background of this informative and educational lecture... other than that, [highlight=#ffff00]it made sense to me.[/highlight]

And I liked the part at the end where she says "...soft and furry." Does that remind you of someone, Ivan?

Indeed it does.

Red Diaperette and Chairman Meow

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Indeed it does.

Good grief, you guys, that's disgusting!

Pamalinsky wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Indeed it does.

[highlight=#ffff00]Good grief, you guys, that's disgusting![/highlight]

True, but it's nature's way - it's what we are - savages,.. and thanks.

Pammy, Red Diaperette and Chairman Meow are cats. Nominally domesticated (though as Heinlein says, cats "believe themselves to be citizens"), "soft and furry" creatures.

ON THE OTHER HAND, squirrels may be furry, and might even be soft, but after reviewing all available evidence, they are always rodents. They just are.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Pammy, Red Diaperette and Chairman Meow are cats. Nominally domesticated (though as Heinlein says, cats "believe themselves to be citizens"), "soft and furry" creatures.

ON THE OTHER HAND, squirrels may be furry, and might even be soft, but after reviewing all available evidence, they are always rodents. They just are.

Absolutely hilarious, dear Ivan! Did you say "cats' or "cads"? Rodents, indeed!

trashmouth wrote:R.O.C.K in the USSA ....Does this mean that the bathrooms or hygiene chambers for men will contain doctors for gender re-assignment surgery or testicle harvesting rooms during this celebration? Are they serving pussy hats on buns during this celebration because I would certainly have problems passing a pussy hat through my colon if I was served one with cheese on a toasted bun......

Don't worry, trashmouth, you'll be "saved" by your incessant hilarious comments which induce explosively propellant laughter. I believe those in the know refer to this as explosive vomiting. Not sure of the actual term though, but close enough. ; • )

Pamalinsky wrote:

Don't worry, trashmouth, you'll be "saved" by your incessant hilarious comments which induce explosively propellant laughter. I believe those in the know refer to this as explosive vomiting. Not sure of the actual term though, but close enough. ; • )

Projectile hysteria for the f* gendered among us.

*A Dummkopf inspired abbreviation I've culturally appropriated for personal use

Captain Craptek wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

Projectile hysteria for the f* gendered among us.

*A Dummkopf inspired abbreviation I've culturally appropriated for personal use

Yeah, yeah, that's it! Projectile Vomiting! Very scientific! Hmmm. Projectile. p-r-o-j-e-c-t-i-l-e. Projectile. I won the spelling bee! Ha! Ha! Meatheads!

An update from the Motherland:

Clara Zetkin and Rosa Luxemburg wish all self-identified womyn of the People's Cube a Happy Communist Women's Day.

And translated to the capitalist Amerikkkan:

[img]/images/various_uploads/Clara_Zetkin_Rosa_Luxemburg_Womens_Day.jpg[/img]

Red Square wrote:And translated to the capitalist Amerikkkan:

[img]/images/various_uploads/Clara_Zetkin_Rosa_Luxemburg_Womens_Day.jpg[/img]

And don't forget to "spring ahead" for 1 full extra hour to celebrate. It's like getting an extra borscht ration.