Michigan State KGB agents fight Fascist FIRE activists

Yes, Michigan State University has taken the next step in dealing with coutnerrevolutionaries.

They have decided that speech codes are not enough to deal with fascists. They have required "re-education" for anyone not toting the Marxist-Leninist line there. They are not alone. the KGB of the People's cube is building a fully stocked Gulag north of Lansing for the diversity training to take place. And as a final note, All party activists are to support Michigan State's efforts to build a purer proletariat.

From the Capitalist running mad dogs over at "Free" Republic

"The agents of political correctness who police the nation's college and university campuses generally use shame and scorn to beat down free expression deemed offensive by the tiniest minority.

But sometimes, institutions aren't content to merely marginalize those who fail to embrace a worldview that emphasizes the rights of groups over those of individuals. Rather than engage these free spirits in open debate in a classroom setting -- isn't that what college is all about? -- administrators seek to re-educate these malefactors on the proper way to think.

Michigan State University has taken the multicultural mantra of indoctrination to a new extreme. Students whose speech or behavior is deemed inappropriate for a university setting are ordered to complete, at their own expense, the school's Student Accountability in Community Seminar.

This program bills itself as an "early intervention" for those who take "any action of obscuring, concealing, or changing people's perceptions that result in your advantage and/or another's disadvantage." In other words, any behavior that might make someone feel bad. Seminar participants have included students who've argued with professors or cracked offensive jokes -- constitutionally protected free speech.

Once enrolled in the seminar, students are forced to complete written questionnaires about their behavior, sometimes several times, until an instructor believes the student has taken "full responsibility" for his actions. If a student refuses to enroll in the seminar, the university won't let the student register for classes, a de facto act of expulsion.

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting free expression, civil rights and educational freedom on college campuses, has demanded that Michigan State University dismantle the program.

"As bad as it is to tell citizens in a free society what they can't say, it is even worse to tell them what they must say," FIRE President Greg Lukianoff said in a news release. "Michigan State's program is an immoral and unconstitutional program of compelled speech, blatant thought reform, and pseudo-psychology."

The university has told FIRE that the program is under review. We were unable to secure further comment from Michigan State officials.

The existence of seminars such as Student Accountability in Community is an affront to the values that institutions of higher education should hold dear. Universities should aspire to give students the intellectual skills and information to discuss issues and refute arguments, not shelter them from the kinds of ideas and expressions that roam free outside campus walls.

But Michigan State has gone an unconstitutional step further, seeking not only to protect students from ever having their feelings hurt, but to control students' collective conscience."

But Michigan State has gone an unconstitutional step further, seeking not only to protect students from ever having their feelings hurt, but to control students' collective conscience.

Yay, just like the T-Virus from Resident Evil 4....

MSU.edu wrote: Student Accountability in Community Seminar (S.A.C.)

S.A.C. is an early intervention program, designed to help participants learn how to live accountably in communities. SAC is appropriate for students who have intimidated, harassed or abused another community member on the basis of individual characteristics like race/ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. S.A.C. is a collaborative program offered jointly by Student Life and MSU Safe Place . Successful completion of the seminar includes:

Attending a 1-hour intake session, and;
Attending 3 1-hour educational program sessions.

Participants are billed $50.00 on their MSU student account, plus $10 for each missed session. Failure to complete any of the programs requirements typically results in a hold being placed on the student's registration.

I HAVE to find one of these questionaires! I bet Maureen Dowd Lynne Stewart collaborated in its publication. Damn, I said I liked Bill Clinton and now the school is kicking me in the S.A.C!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:
MSU.edu wrote: Student Accountability in Community Seminar (S.A.C.)

S.A.C. is an early intervention program, designed to help participants learn how to live accountably in communities. SAC is appropriate for students who have intimidated, harassed or abused another community member on the basis of individual characteristics like race/ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. S.A.C. is a collaborative program offered jointly by Student Life and MSU Safe Place . Successful completion of the seminar includes:

Attending a 1-hour intake session, and;
Attending 3 1-hour educational program sessions.

Participants are billed $50.00 on their MSU student account, plus $10 for each missed session. Failure to complete any of the programs requirements typically results in a hold being placed on the student's registration.

I HAVE to find one of these questionaires! I bet Maureen Dowd Lynne Stewart collaborated in its publication. Damn, I said I liked Ronald Reagan and now the school is kicking me in the S.A.C!

THOUGHTCRIME!!!
Ronald Reagan was the worst thing to happen to the Soviet Union. Saying that you liked him is apostacy to the Communist way.
You now must self purge by pulling out that Makarov in your desk drawer and applying it to your head.

I never said that, there is no proof. I really don't know what you're talking about Premier.

Brezhnev, why are you denouncing the Chairman?

What is everyone talking about? I never said such a heinous thing. Just like Rep. Jefferson never stole that 90K! I never said it, its all lies concocted by the Rove propaganda machine which continues to run on the sweat and tears of the working class!

Bvt. Field Marshal Pravda wrote:Brezhnev, why are you denouncing the Chairman?

You are guilty of thoughtcrime.

SMERSH HEAD of KGB . sec.9.

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:I never said that, there is no proof. I really don't know what you're talking about Premier.

You are guilty of thoughtcrime.

SMERSH HEAD of KGB . sec.9.

Comrades, the policy of MSU is appropriate in these post-capitalist times if we are to strengthen people's revolution! I have placed this "FIRE" organization on the confirmed list of domestic terrorist organizations.

Student Accountability in Community Seminar? Why such a long and confusing name? What's wrong with good old fashioned "Diversity" Training?

It's been used to punish politically incorrect thought criminals in the military and private sector for decades.

MSU is not too terribly far from my own campus. But as far as that goes, I think we are already ahead of the curb. Or to make it more equal we are just on a different side of the ball.

Comrades,

Long eloquent sounding names are the hallmark of real education, beceuse they make it more difficult to establish linkage with such groups as the SDS or Whetherman, for example.