Modern Day Martin Luthers Nail 95 Theses to the Church Door

Modern Day Martin Luthers Nail 95 Theses to the Door of Al Gore's Church of Global Warming

In the 16th century, the German priest and professor of Theology Martin Luther protested the selling of indulgences by the Catholic Church. The story that he nailed his 95 Theses to the door of Wittenburg Church is likely metaphor (according to Wikipedia, Luther did confront indulgence salesman Johann Tetzel with his Ninety-Five Theses in 1517) but his challenge to the Pope began the Protestant Reformation which eventually ended the dominance of the Catholic Church over daily life in Europe.

History may be repeating, or at least rhyming. Today, 16 leading scientests signed a letter to the Wall Street Journal entitled No Need to Panic About Global Warming in which they challenge the religious orthodoxy of the Church of Global Warming. Among their heresies, they cite the failure of the AGW prophets to make accurate predictions:
~
The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.

They refute the "CO2 is a pollutant" dogma:
The fact is that CO2 is not a pollutant. CO2 is a colorless and odorless gas, exhaled at high concentrations by each of us, and a key component of the biosphere's life cycle. Plants do so much better with more CO2 that greenhouse operators often increase the CO2 concentrations by factors of three or four to get better growth.

They protest the blackmailing of dissenters by the AGW Church's Torquemadas:
In 2003, Dr. Chris de Freitas, the editor of the journal Climate Research, dared to publish a peer-reviewed article with the politically incorrect (but factually correct) conclusion that the recent warming is not unusual in the context of climate changes over the past thousand years. The international warming establishment quickly mounted a determined campaign to have Dr. de Freitas removed from his editorial job and fired from his university position. Fortunately, Dr. de Freitas was able to keep his university job.

This is not the way science is supposed to work, but we have seen it before—for example, in the frightening period when Trofim Lysenko hijacked biology in the Soviet Union. Soviet biologists who revealed that they believed in genes, which Lysenko maintained were a bourgeois fiction, were fired from their jobs. Many were sent to the gulag and some were condemned to death.

And, like the 16th century reformer, they protest the selling of something sacred for money:
Alarmism over climate is of great benefit to many, providing government funding for academic research and a reason for government bureaucracies to grow. Alarmism also offers an excuse for governments to raise taxes, taxpayer-funded subsidies for businesses that understand how to work the political system, and a lure for big donations to charitable foundations promising to save the planet. Lysenko and his team lived very well, and they fiercely defended their dogma and the privileges it brought them.

Undoubtedly, these people will be attacked for this stand (can't you hear MSNBC's hacks whining "They're all oil company sock puppets!" now?) but they have the truth on their side. The two releases of climate change emails show the AGW Church's cardinals' theory was not borne out by reality and they knew it; instead of admitting such and moving on, they conspired to "hide the decline", fudge data to create their desired results and, worst of all, attack, threaten and shout down anyone who dared to question their ideas. Theirs is not science, it is politicized science, which is not the same thing. Real science does not draw its curve then cherry pick the data that fits it. When reality does not agree with the theory, real science admits the theory is wrong. Politicized science says reality is wrong. But reality can only be brushed aside for so long. You can pretend 2+2 = 5 but if you build your bridge using that math, it will quickly come down on your head.

A final quote:

Every candidate should support rational measures to protect and improve our environment, but it makes no sense at all to back expensive programs that divert resources from real needs and are based on alarming but untenable claims of "incontrovertible" evidence.

An inconvenient truth for all the charlatans, dim-witted trendy celebrities and rent-seekers that hopped onto this quasi-religious bandwagon for their own self-interest. Paging Father Al... the science is no longer settled. Shove your dogma up your tailpipe until the carbon dioxide comes out your ears.

But.....but.... he's the Goracle !

Tommy Lee Jones was his room mate at Harvard, for crying out loud ! The consensus for AGW was a publication of the UN, whose integrity is beyond question. Also, Al's so sure about their findings that he's put millions into a carbon credits scheme .....exchange enabling businesses the ability to buy an environmental " indulgence ".

How could he possibly be in error ?
Self-serving conflict of interest ? I don't think so.
( Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain !)

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]I just experienced an increase in my faith in humanity.[img]images/clipart/Prog_On.gif[/img] SHUN THE NONBELIEVERS!

Yes indeed, People's Little Pony, shun them! And soon we will be able to REPORT THEM as well!!

You should all be burned! The Green Police have temporarily lifted the ban on tree cutting and campfires and are (as we speak) encouraging dutiful citizens to bring all their wood products to Washington DC for a good old fashioned bon fire. Heretics be warned!

AGW is so last decade!! We now need to have our glorious government directly seize control of all forms of enegry and production and put everyone to work building a huge shield to protect us from killer meteors!!! Comrade Opiate, how many carbon meteor-shield credits can I put you down for?? We will need to start trading and banking in meteor-shield credits!! They are a much safer bet than investing in quatloos......

Comrade Opie -

It is Extremely Disturbing that you should have such intimate knowledge of Christian Non-Korrect History as to know of the Revanchist Incident Known As "The 95-Theses." Our Collective has already formed a Committee to investigate any other Deviations From The Progressive March Of History that may occur in be read in be applied to your writings. [Hint: Buy a coat. A warm coat. A Really, REALLY WARM coat...]

Might I recommend a pair of quality work-mittens? get leather, nothing with nylon or fleece...trust me.

Global Warming has been happening for so long, some clever person invented a calendar to allow the peasants to think this was "natural" happening. Polar bears are now becoming distance swimming champions as they are forced to migrate between the poles to find ice. These bears are already in the process of developing gills so the long swim can be more efficient with less floating.

I'm told this caleander can only be seen when illuminated by a twisty Algore lightbulb.

Where will it end, comrades? These reich wing propagandist tea baggers and their filthy lies have struck again: Daily Mail British Lies !

All comrades are to get out and make presence known!

algore.jpeg

Proletarian Robot wrote:AGW is so last decade!! We now need to have our glorious government directly seize control of all forms of enegry and production and put everyone to work building a huge shield to protect us from killer meteors!!! Comrade Opiate, how many carbon meteor-shield credits can I put you down for?? We will need to start trading and banking in meteor-shield credits!! They are a much safer bet than investing in quatloos......

Anthropogenic Meteor Infestation! There's a crisis the oil company shills won't be able to pawn off on the sun! Good work, comrade! I'll call Al, you call the UN.... we'll be back in crisis mode before you know it.

General Confusion wrote:Global Warming has been happening for so long, some clever person invented a calendar to allow the peasants to think this was "natural" happening. Polar bears are now becoming distance swimming champions as they are forced to migrate between the poles to find ice. These bears are already in the process of developing gills so the long swim can be more efficient with less floating.

Thank you for informing on the subversive bears' gill development program, comrade. The Party does not wish to encourage members of the collective taking matters into their own hands (or paws, as it were) without permits from the proper committees and agencies. In point of fact, if our scientists say the bears cannot survive, then the bears cannot survive and that's that. The party elders do not like being made fools of by bears or any other counter-revolutionary forces.

Of course, if scientists say that polar bears are becoming extinct, the fact that we have about 20 times more than we did 50 years ago is factually wrong. It's wrong even if a polar bear is eating your face. Remember that.

A polar bear which is extinct cannot eat your face. Even as you feel its jaws squeeze your eyeballs out and crack your skull.

Or is that Carol Browner?

And then there was this quote which is pure poison to the cause...
43. Environmentalists should be taught that he who gives to the poor, or lends to a needy man, does better than buying a carbon credit.
Give to the poor? This is why we have governments, to take from the rich and promise it to the poor. If rich people give directly to the poor and encourage them out of our benevolent care, then the burden is on us to get more dead people voting in the next election cycle. That is so much like, well, let me put it bluntly - work.
Excuse me, I've got to wash my hands after typing this.

Blogunov, I bow to your superior reasoning. I don't think I've ever heard such a sanginuary syllogism. Yes, let's give the poor our benevolent care. SS shall know when to stop sending out the checks, as will MediScare, but as far as the voting rolls go? Never.

In fact I am currently proposing legislation which will allow a voter to give a power of attorney for someone for the purpose of voting. And unlike every other power of attorney, this one will not expire when the principle has notice of the grantor's demise.

It is only mete and just that the Government be given the voting power of attorney. Which will never expire, even after Grandpa does.

Oh, and the vote cast by the government in Red States will not be considered in calculating the population for the reapportionment of the House of Representatives for the first 20 years.

After that, elections will become an un-issue, and people whose minds have been obliterated by sound bites will have only the vaguest memory of elections. Then they will not be needed.