#morethancute

Morethancute.jpg
Comrades,

It is not fair that we should have to buy halloween costumes for our daughters that conform to society's definition of what girls should be. It's UNFAIR that costume retailers design, market, and sell costumes in accordance with what society (that patriarchal, bigoted, misogynistic juggernaut that it is) wants to buy! Why? Because society thinks girls should be cute! We don't want cute girls that reflect outdated mores. Never mind that all children, no matter what their costumes, are inherently cute. We raise our fists against the idea that girls' costumes should be deliberately cute, whimsical, or in any way pink!

Mega Prog wrote:Halloween is nearly upon us again. And for the parents of little girls, the holiday can pose a dilemma. When choosing a costume, boys are told they can be anything they want: brave, scary, smart, adventurous and more.

The costumes designed for girls, on the other hand, tell them that no matter what they aspire to be, the only thing that society truly values is that they look “cute.” If you are a girl, even superhero and zombie costumes come complete with a tutu and a magic fairy wand.

Our girls should not be victims of these aggressions! Even if our girls identify as girls, are genuinely fond of fairies and princesses, and want to wear pink, it's only because SOCIETY has forced these views down their throats!

Self-loathing cis-male Feminist Prog wrote:I believe a direct line can be drawn from the aisle that tells little girls to focus on appearance and being “cute” to the aisle that tells adult women that being “sexy” is all that society values.

That's right! Girls cannot think for themselves!! We've successfully smothered every impulse toward free thought through our glorious progressive education system. Our girls are only capable of being programmed by society, and right now, that programming perpetuates the patriarchy. SNARL!!

Lifetime-watching Prog wrote:That cycle needs to be broken. We think girls dream just as big as boys. We think their potential is unlimited. We think that their costumes should be “more than cute.”

Yes! Break the cycle! Wearing pink perpetuates the cycle. If girls dream of being a princess for halloween, it limits their potential and is indicative of a lack of party-approved dreams! Girls should dream to be anything but what could be traditionally be identified as "feminine." If they want to be cute, it means they've been indoctrinated by penis-centric ideas. They should aspire to look like Rosie O'Donnell... And we, as parents, shouldn't be trying to do the dreaming for them. When they say they want to wear cute frilly costumes, we should send them back to public school for reeducation rather than encouraging them to do something else. Korrekt opinions come from The State, not the family. We risk setting a dangerous precedent if we brainwash our own children into thinking what we want them to think rather than letting The State brainwash them into parroting the talking points The Obamessiah has declared they shall parrot. Great idea, wrong approach.

Prog of Hope wrote:That's why we are launching the hashtag campaign “#MoreThanCute”: to inspire girls and their parents to create costumes that tell girls that — even though they are adorable — that is not the only thing society values and it is not the only thing they should dream to be.

Wait, what?!! Excuse me? CREATE costumes?? NOOOOOO!!! That's NOT how we do things in this collective. We astroturf. We pre-print signs. We hand out free stuff and get people to hold those signs. We march on Washington. We sue costume retailers and shame "society." We demand that pink be labled a hate-color! What we most certainly do NOT do is "create" our own solution to what we feel is a problem! Sure, good to agitate through the use of a clever hashtag, but it should end there until the Obamessiah takes up the cause and signs an executive order to fix the problem for us. If we fix the perceived problem for ourselves in our own families, it leaves out the all important aspect of FORCING others to comply with OUR will! How can we call our efforts a success if even ONE girl wears pink on halloween or has a tutu??? It should become a taboo to be cute! EVERYONE should feel shame if they perpetuate society's ills as we see them. What kind of kkkapitalist troll is this so-called prog??? He should be ashamed, unless he is, as I suspect, an undercover conservative operative trying to vent the steam out of an otherwise legitimate and purposeful movement. Progress isn't progressive unless the majority is forced to comply at the point of a gun.

Prog In Name Only wrote:When your costumes are finished, post photos of them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag “#MoreThanCute.” We will collect them to demonstrate that we value girls because of their strength, their creativity, their intelligence and their ambition. Together we will show the world that while we we think our daughters are beautiful, that is not the most important metric by which we value them.

While raising awareness is an important part of change, that awareness must result in a government mandate. Creating your own solution and simply posting it on Instagram is like making your own bread instead of waiting in a bread line! WTF?!!

PINO! Report to Platform 6 IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

Quick and easy Lena Dunham costume (for girls who don't want to be cute)

You will need

1 bikini-style swimsuit, two sizes too small
3 tall kitchen trash bags (white)
38 pounds of cottage cheese
scissors
duck tape
magic marker

How to do it:

1. Cut arm and leg holes in one of the kitchen trash bags.

2. Cut leg holes in the bottom of the other two bags.

3. Pull bag one up the torso, bags two and three up over the legs with the tie-ends up

4. Duck tape the arm and leg holes tightly shut

5. Fill all three bags with cottage cheese, tie shut

6. Pull bikini top and bottom into place and tie off bag tops in with bikini straps.

7. Use the magic marker to scribble in prison tattoo on shoulder and mark spot for belly button

PRESTO!

lard.jpg

Funny you should mention that, Comrade. She made a similar costume for herself back in the day... #tbt

I must be the only one who had no recollection of who Lena Dunham is/was/wasn't. I now know her idea of cute (this Halloween), is to dress up as a Planned Parenthood doctor.

Lena Dunham will be a Planned Parenthood doctor for Halloween

Lena is very attractive also, as a matter of fact, who wouldn't want to be with that for the rest of their life?
FORWARD!!

Ivan Betinov wrote:Quick and easy Lena Dunham costume (for girls who don't want to be cute)

You will need

1 bikini-style swimsuit, two sizes too small
3 tall kitchen trash bags (white)
38 pounds of cottage cheese
scissors
duck tape
magic marker

How to do it:

1. Cut arm and leg holes in one of the kitchen trash bags.

2. Cut leg holes in the bottom of the other two bags.

3. Pull bag one up the torso, bags two and three up over the legs with the tie-ends up

4. Duck tape the arm and leg holes tightly shut

5. Fill all three bags with cottage cheese, tie shut

6. Pull bikini top and bottom into place and tie off bag tops in with bikini straps.

7. Use the magic marker to scribble in prison tattoo on shoulder and mark spot for belly button

PRESTO!

lard.jpg

I've always heard of the species Lenais Dunhamicus but I've never seen one "in-the-field". I'm sorry to my fellow Party members, and I'm eligible for a Party Reprieve after I whacked that one thoughtcriminal with a hammer (I think his name was Ronald Trump or something), but what an ugly species. I wouldn't screw her with Komrade Jong Un's dick.

I did not need to see that!

WideLoad.gif
Side note: This costume requires a regulation FMCSA "wide load" or "oversize load" placard everywhere in CONUS. Check state and local laws to see if a pilot / warning car is also required.