Obama: "Enough of Putin, it's happy hour!"

Obama 1.jpg
Comrades in peace,

Normally I would provide my own news commentary along with such a story. In this case, however, I find Dear Leader's words sufficient to convey the message:

Washingtontimes.com: Minutes after issuing a stern warning to Russia and saying there will be a price to pay if it interferes militarily in Ukraine, President Obama headed to a “happy hour” with fellow Democrats.

Speaking at a fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee, Mr. Obama struck a very different tone than he had less than 30 minutes earlier, when he appeared with little warning in the White House press briefing room and issued a vague threat to Moscow.

“Just days after the world came to Russia for the Olympic Games, it would invite the condemnation of nations around the world [if it invades or otherwise meddles militarily in Ukraine],” the president said. “And indeed, the United States will stand with the international community in affirming there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine.”

“Well, it's Friday. It's after 5 o'clock. So, this is now officially happy hour with the Democratic party,” the president told his cohorts. [highlight=#FFFF00]“I can do that. It is an executive action. I have the authority.”[/highlight]

An audience member then asked the president to “tell us about your plans for nuclear war with Russia.”

“What the heck are you talking about?” Mr. Obama said to laughter and applause. “No, no, don't worry about it. We're OK. Have a seat. I don't know anything about that plan. I don't know what you've been reading. Let me return to what I was talking about. See, he thought happy hour started earlier.”

Obama 2.jpg

Praise Lenin! And may he bless our Dear Leader and his vague but manly pronouncements!

"The United States will stand with the international community and... look, a squirrel!"

"The People Of Ukraine have repeatedly shown themselves, throughout the history of their nation, to be Heroic Fighters, Loyal Patriots, and Oh Look - A Squirrel!"
- B. Hussein Obama

“And indeed, the United States will [highlight=#ffff00]stand[/highlight] with the international community in affirming there will be [highlight=#ffff00]costs[/highlight] for any military intervention in Ukraine.” -- B. Hussein Obama

Perhaps Dear Leader is speaking of standing at the bar and picking up costs of buying rounds? But who will be picking up those costs?