Obama Gives the Queen of England an iPod

Since Obama is in London to meet the rest of the G20, I assume he's brought gifts for the other leaders he'll meet. Here is a list of what he's brought; the list comes from a senior State Department operative:

Argentina – 4 tickets to traveling production of "Evita"
Austria - "The Sound of Music" DVD
Australia – $50 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse
Brazil – $35 gift certificate to Fogo de Chao
Canada – "Strange Brew" DVD
China – Case of LaChoy soy sauce
France – "Build Your Own Maginot Line" Lego kit (452-pc.)
Germany – Box of Duncan Hines German Chocolate cake mix
India – "Jungle Book 2" DVD
Indonesia – "Year of Living Dangerously" on VHS
Italy – $50 gift certificate to Olive Garden
Japan – "Tora Tora Tora" on Betamax
Mexico – "Best of Speedy Gonzales" (8mm print)
Russia – Tim Geithner nesting doll set
Saudi Arabia – $50 gift certificate to Linens & Things
South Africa – Season ticket to 1987 Sun City Music Festival
South Korea – $50 gift certificate to Benihana
Turkey – Tufted ottoman from Ashley Furniture

Well, I don't think plans for gifting his Most Glorious Allies should be left without a mention:

North Korea: DVD of "Team America - World Police."

Cambodia (Or is that Kampuchea now? I'm behind the times here in the Outer Darkness); DVD of "The Killing Fields."

Cuba: Box of Roi-Tan cigars (maybe Crooks rum-soaked wine-dipped stogies if it's a splurge).

I think the French would be much more appreciative of a case of Boone's FarmTM Strawberry Hill, knowing how much they like fine wine over there. This is not the sort of thing someone like Sarah Palin would have the sense to give them (thank a-non-specific-deity that we didn't elect HER to anything!)

I think the French would favor Ripple or Mad Dog 20/20 even more. And some 211 Steel Reserve for the Germans.

Comrade Whoopie,

You have presented us with an excellent list. King O and his Queen are most adept at the art of gift giving. Especially at Christmas time. Their daughters can attest to this. No, wait, I forgot, King O and his Queen, being true comrades, have dispensed with this capitalist/Christian custom.

Please pardon my appearance, I just came away from the machine in the "Caption This" posted by comrade Comrade Dr. Strangelove.

Comrade Leninka, I must complement on your new 'do and the sparkling look in your eyes that must only come from a Jifi Lobo(TM) You are to be congratulated for your compliance to the Party.

Obamissar 7.62 wrote:Comrade Leninka, I must complement on your new 'do and the sparkling look in your eyes that must only come from a Jifi Lobo(TM) You are to be congratulated for your compliance to the Party.

Thank you Comrade Obamissar 7.62. I'm not sure if it's the blond dye job, or the Jifi-Lobo, but I do feel more compliant. I must take note of Comrade Pelosi's eye batting techniques to make the most of the new Jifi-Lobo eyes. I suspect dissident Sarah Palin would be quite envious of my new look.

In honor of your new and glorious look, I shall prepare a special People's Rifle(TM) for you. Chrome plated, with polished wood, and a hairbrush to mount on the bayonet lug. This will be the Mark II variant of the People's Rifle(TM) with the concrete filled bore of course. Now Comrade you can brush your hair AND serve the state in style!

I commend comrade Obama's frugality in his gift giving choices. While making sure to bring his personal chef along with an ample supply of $100 a lb. Kobe beef, he was progressive enough to do his gift shopping from the "In Flight" magazine he found stuffed in the seat back of a commercial passenger jet. I might add that many of his gift choices can be had for free (with shipping and handling) from his grateful credit card company. 14kt. gold plated chains you believe in.

Obamissar 7.62 wrote:In honor of your new and glorious look, I shall prepare a special People's Rifle(TM) for you. Chrome plated, with polished wood, and a hairbrush to mount on the bayonet lug. This will be the Mark II variant of the People's Rifle(TM) with the concrete filled bore of course. Now Comrade you can brush your hair AND serve the state in style!

Thank you Comrade Obamissar 7.62. Now this a most thoughtful gift. I think Comrade Whoopie would agree that for your thoughtfulness, you should be made Obamissar Czar of the Art of Gifting. The concrete filled bore was a special touch. I am preparing a special gift for you in return.

Leninka

Why yet another useless and yet impressive sounding title suggested for me. Ahh my heart swells with gratitude. I shall also then give you a lace trimmed silk ammunition pouch. And in true progressive spirit, it will be sewn shut so that no ammunition may be carried in it. But it will LOOK classy! And also Comrade, it doubles as a delicate undergarment for those special, intimate Party Approved(TM) moments.