Obama Reacts to Egyptian Unrest

South_Park.jpg

"My main hope right now is that violence is not the answer in solving these problems in Egypt Okay? The government has to be careful about not resorting to violence. Violence is bad Okay? And the people on the streets need to be careful about not resorting to violence. And I think that it is very important that people have mechanisms in order to express legitimate grievances. Violence is bad Okay?"

Comrade Marshall!

How good to see you again! Were you ever able to rid the palace of that drug resistant pest that infected the premises?

This is without a doubt the most Progressive speech ever given by The Party ™ Image
Would that all politicians could say such nothingness with such panache. Indeed, he continues to prove that he is Dear Leader ™

Reiuxcat wrote:Comrade Marshall!

How good to see you again! Were you ever able to rid the palace of that drug resistant pest that infected the premises?

Phew! For a moment I thought I read "dog resistant pest!" Yes, I have been painfully absent of late. I actually have a good excuse this time though! But after thinking about it, I will post it on the party Journolist bulletin board, ok?

darski wrote:This is without a doubt the most Progressive speech ever given by The Party ™ Image
Would that all politicians could say such nothingness with such panache. Indeed, he continues to prove that he is Dear Leader ™

No doubt about it comrade! Our Dear Leader is truly a step above all others when it comes to taking the lead in any issue that pops up. When I saw his firm, measured, and effective response to this mess in Egypt, Mr Mackey immediately came to mind. Why, I can almost hear Mr Mackey again..... saying "Thought Crime is bad." Or is that my memories of my time with O'Brian?

I hear that Grim Leader advised the Egyptian dictator to give more heed to what his citizens want.

Thank Marx that Obama doesn't take his own advice.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:
Reiuxcat wrote:Comrade Marshall!

Phew! For a moment I thought I read "dog resistant pest!"....
If that was the case, I would have posted a picture of me or the General! :-)

So good to see you Marshall. Dear Leader sent this just for you:

Comrades,

He said tonight that the Egyptians have "Universal rights", bestowed by whUN?
That sounded a great deal like American Constitutional rights.

Glad to see he is bestowing rights to everybody, maybe we will need to "enforce" those rights under UN authority.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:I hear that Grim Leader advised the Egyptian dictator to give more heed to what his citizens want.

Thank Marx that Obama doesn't take his own advice.

Whew...for a second there I thought you said "Give more head..."

Profit is bay-ad, mmmmkay?

So is this the new march drill or not?
(Tin Foil hat in x732yut receive mode.)

It has been reported that the police in Cairo have fired tear gas and rubber bullets at freedom fighters rioters groups of people making loud noises. It is time for Dear Leader to boldly state the police have acted stupidly and offer to have a beer with them.

Image Revolutions sometimes have unpredictable outcomes. In Russia, the democratic forces deposed the Czar in February 1917 and established a transitional government - but it existed for only eight months before it was overthrown by the Bolsheviks in October. The Western powers, including the USA, sent their military to intervene, but soon withdrew after they were confronted by their own domestic leftists, including the unions. As absurdly as it sounds, Islamists now have a substantial presence in the West too, and are gaining enough clout to influence their host body politic.

We live in interesting times - a weird mix of contradictory trends. I wonder how much of an effect the Bush doctrine and regime change in Iraq are having on today's popular uprisings in the Arab world - and to what extent the recent riots in Greece have been an inspiration and a model, however different their goals may be.

Times like these also reveal the line separating liberty from tyranny, which runs across all nations, but often remains buried under the mundane and the superficial.

Oleg, I had known about the US attempts at intervention in the Russian Revolution but was unaware of the part the domestic Left had played in its withdrawal. I guess the fact that the Democrat Wilson was president at the time also played into this.

Yes, the Islamists do have a lot of clout now, more so in Europe than here but thanks to their having a fellow traveller as our head of state, this affect is amplified.

Interesting times, indeed. The Obama-as-Carter meme is about to take on new significance. Just as in 1979, there is a potential change of government in a major Middle Eastern power that, up to now, has been an ally. And, as then, we have a weak, self-obsessed president more interested in his own agenda than the interests of the country. Quite a few things are different now: there is no longer a Cold War USSR to worry about, there is no charismatic leader waiting in the wings in Egypt and democracy has achieved at least a tentative foothold in another major country, Iraq. Regardless, the stage is set for a Iran-style mega-flop and Obama is the perfect fool to carry out the prat fall.

The Obama-Carter analogy is a "gift" that just keeps on giving. I only hope that it continues to the same conclusion as 30 years ago with Obama being a one-term failure who is defeated by a resurgance of conservatism led by a 21st-century version of Ronald Reagan. Even if Obama, like Carter, ends up spending the next 30 years wandering around yapping to everybody about how unappreciated he was as president, the trade-off will have been worth it.

Based on emails from General Secretary:

egyptmanwalk.gif

I'm sure Dear Leaders response will be swift & well thought out.

Ocean-Frieghter-Smog-File-Web_t479.jpg

Comrades;

The crisis will be over soon. Dear Leader has brought in an top special adviser who's been involved in the Egyptian scene since 1979.