Obama's Banana Republic

Our comrades at Media Matters noted last week that reactionary Rush Limbaugh said thanks to the Obama administration America is now a banana republic.

Because Rush said it I knew it couldn't be true. Then I did some digging™ and discovered some of the identifying features of a banana republic.

• Reliance on foreign capital
• Money printing
• Budget deficits
• A weakening currency

So it appears Rush was right for once.

Since we all know Obama is the greatest president ever, I can only assume being a banana republic is now a good thing, and we here at The People's Cube should be promoting Obama's accomplishment. So I've made a poster that should be distributed to Progs everywhere.
Or Else!

Obama's Banana Republic
By Superkommissar Maksim
7/5/2009, 6:23 pm

Our comrades at Media Matters noted last week that reactionary Rush Limbaugh said thanks to the Obama administration America is now a banana republic.
Because Rush said it I knew it couldn't be true. Then I did some digging™ and discovered some of the identifying features of a banana republic.
• Reliance on foreign capital
• Money printing
• Budget deficits
• A weakening currency
So it appears Rush was right for once.

I don't think this Rush non-person is right, just confusing facts with the truth i.e.

"Reliance on foreign capital" fact: we borrow money from China. Truth: Dear Leader will make sure that we become great freinds with the Chinese...and a great freind could hardly be called "foreign"

"budget deficits" fact: The Glorious TARP bill cost a loooot of money. Truth: The only way to save money is to spend it like it's going out of style....maybe not just yet, but in the near future it will.

As you can see, Thought-criminal™ Limbaugh just doesn't look at a good thing and see a good thing. He has to pick it apart, as if any member of the BROTUS cares about a minor thing like "facts".

If it's good enough for Fidel and Che, it must be good enough for the rest of the world, right?? Rush Limbaugh is nothing more than a Neo-KKKon and a propagandist for the VRWC.

Comrades,

I've got a Banana Republic clothing chain member's card. Does this mean I can throw away my US passport now?

This got me thinking... Couldn't resist...

Has Michelle been putting on a few pounds? Her hips seem a little bigger. It might be some of her husband's extra crap she's hiding, poorly I might add.

Commissar_Elliott wrote:Has Michelle been putting on a few pounds? Her hips seem a little bigger.

Well you know how that $100/lb. Kobe beef can go right to your hips. It's all that fat "marbling" that makes the meat soooo tender and succulent. Palin maintains her figure by killing and eating lean meats like moose and elk. Dragging a 1,500 lb. carcass out of the woods in a snow storm burns a lot of calories too.

But not to worry, I'm sure Hillary can provide her some hand-me-down pantsuits. Oh wait, most of them are black and I don't think that would go with Michelle's complexion. Well maybe something in orange.

Comrades!

I denounce you for dissing Michelle, ma belle! This is the stuff proletarian (hetero) wet dreams are made of! I wonder if she was serenaded properly on her recent trip to France. If not, here you go, O O'ly Mother (and wife) of The One! in the words of necro-comrade Ivan Lennonov.

Michelle, ma belle,
these are words that go together well,
my Michelle.

Michelle, ma belle,
sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble,
tres bien ensemble.

And I will save the only words I know
that you'll understand
my Michelle...

I love you, I love you, I love you!
I think you know by now...
I'll get to you somehow.

Please note that this will replace the "Ave Maria" in prayerbooks going forward...

Actually the ode to Michelle was written, not by Ivan Lenkov, but by his trusty comrade Pavel Makarenko. Thoughtcriminals Limbaugh and Shanklin made a parody of it, but I could find neither the lyrics nor the soundbite on the interwebs. Good job, comrades! That means this parody never existed!

Also, General Secretary just emailed me with regards to my mock-up of the Banana Republic website, "You need to get Billy Mays in there. He'll still be voting for it even though he's dead."

So many necro-voters, so little time...

Shouldn't El Presidente wear military-style garb? Like Reichsmarschall Herring in "The Great Dictator?" Or his cousin, Prez Ghaddafi? I'm sure there are pleny of South American dictators (former and present) that he could appoint as Fashion Czar.

Genosse Pieck wrote:So many necro-voters, so little time...

Shouldn't El Presidente wear military-style garb? Like Reichsmarschall Herring in "The Great Dictator?" Or his cousin, Prez Ghaddafi? I'm sure there are pleny of South American dictators (former and present) that he could appoint as Fashion Czar.

Mebbe a lil' somethin' like this?

Comrade Red Square,

Never before had I realized how meaningful my Banana Republic members' card is. I shan't dally in using it while I've still got the connections.

Comrade 100% Infidel,

Idi Amin did what Ponce de Leon couldn't do: find the fountain of youth! But Idi apparently did find de Leon's immigration documentation because he's now President. To think I thought he'd actually died in exile in Saudi Arabia. I can hear them now, the little conservative robots mocking my superior compassion, tolerance, and understanding: "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!"

Racist speciesists!

Comrade Whoopie wrote:
Commissar_Elliott wrote:Has Michelle been putting on a few pounds? Her hips seem a little bigger.

Well you know how that $100/lb. Kobe beef can go right to your hips. It's all that fat "marbling" that makes the meat soooo tender and succulent. Palin maintains her figure by killing and eating lean meats like moose and elk. Dragging a 1,500 lb. carcass out of the woods in a snow storm burns a lot of calories too.

But not to worry, I'm sure Hillary can provide her some hand-me-down pantsuits. Oh wait, most of them are black and I don't think that would go with Michelle's complexion. Well maybe something in orange.
(off)
Oh jeez! Are they finally prosecuting them after His term is done?