OBC is on the Air!

WASHINGTON (OBC) The Obama Broadcasting Company begins its summer schedule this evening with an in-depth infomercial "Who Wants to Have Socialized Healthcare?" broadcast live from the new corporate headquarters in the White House. The network, formerly known as ABC (The American Broadcasting Company) has decided to make its long-standing ties with the Administration official.

"We will of course maintain the fiction that we are objective, investigative, and impartial," said Anne Sweeney, President of Disney-OBC Television Group. "American viewers have a child-like trust of major networks, but if we move too quickly even they might be able to detect an agenda in our broadcasting. You can rest assured that we are completely in the tank for Obama, though."

In a way, OBC is simply returning to its roots, having started its corporate life as the "NBC Blue Network" radio service in 1926. Now it is once again "True Blue" in the service of the Greater Good. "We really are excited about the propaganda opportunities this presents the Administration," said White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. "Obama knows I've been less than convincing in "open" press encounters. It certainly will make my job easier to simply give the OBC correspondents the questions they will be allowed to ask at the next press conference."

"I think it is high time we recognized the transcendant being that is Barak Obama. He is more than just America, more than just the World...he's somehow above it all, like God," Sweeney said in reply to queries concerning the replacement of "American" with "Obama" in the network's name. "We have to report the truth here, and the truth is, simply, Obama knows what is best for all of us. We cannot afford to let fools and ingrates question the Will of Obama."

Look for new titles in the Fall lineup on OBC, including "That's so Michelle," "Cost," "Ugly Hillary," and "COI Chicago." And be looking for guest shots and cameos on OBC standards (Sneak preview of Vice President Biden's guest shot on "Lost" follows tonight's infomercial).

This was so awesome in its own awesomeness! In the past, the Walt Disney Company (owner of OBC, formerly ABC) has brought the masses many flights of fancy including Mickey Mouse, Fantasia and Wonderland. And to continue that fine tradition, tonight they brought us the bestest President ever to tell us how he's going to provide everyone (nearly) free, much-improved, lower cost health care!

And let us not forget that Amerika's best journalist, the great Olbermann, learned his craft at ESPN, another fine Disney company! Some coincidence, eh?

In a similar vein:

Michelle Obama kicks off volunteer campaign in San Francisco

Change is also coming to TV, she said.
The Entertainment Industry Foundation has created an initiative under which the four major networks -- ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC -- will include service themes and plots in TV programs during the week of Oct. 19th.
"It's going to be a great thing," Obama said. "This is really exciting."

Reminds me of the Thanksgiving some twenty-odd years ago, when Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury) shanghaied all his fellow comic strip comrades into doing strips on Thanksgiving Day in which world hunger was the theme, thus turning the holiday from Thanksgiving into Guiltfeeling.

How I love Garry Trudeau. I recall 1983 was when he decided that he needed a sabbatical from the heavy lifting of being the Conscience of the newspaper world. And that seminal "In Search of Reagan's Brain."

He's the perfect prog cartoonist. I have read his work over the years and he's so very challenging. I've challenged him to make me laugh just once and so far he hasn't.

Set your tinfoil hats to the right settings and position comrades, this is broadcasting you don't want to miss.
(off)
Anyone else avoiding ABC lately?

Lately? I had DirecTV for years without local channels, and I live 100 miles away from the television stations, meaning I'd need a 35' antenna or a $40/month cable subscription to get the networks.

Guess what? Didn't get NBC, ABC, or CBS, and didn't care. Life went on.

(off)
Amazing! You can live without NBC, ABC, or CBS? I thought that was physically impossible, except maybe to the branches of them, but that's another story.

Perfectly well. Since I tend to watch documentaries, although lately USA has gotten a good deal better with <i>House, NCIS</i> and <i>Burn Notice</i>.