People's Contest!

Attention all Russian-speaking comrades! (Non-Russian ones too, but it may be more difficult for you.)

Mine host recently discovered the following "poem" by a traitor of the people in the great former CCCP. It is so horrible, the infamy must be spread state-side.

So let the contest begin: who can offer the best translation into English? No time constraints.Your reward: a thimble, and a reduction by a month of your prison sentence for committing thought-crime.Here is the poem:

https://www.belousenko.com/books/Korzhavin/korzhavin_beranzher.htm

Good luck.

I can't speak a word of Russian(except Tovarishch), so I just plugged this into Babelfish:

[Naum] Of [korzhavin] IMITATION TO MR. [BERANZHERU] Poem Noise in [Luvene], in [Sorbonne] to [vosstane]. Who makes noise? Intellects are some! As the lover of the minute of [svidanya], They thirst revolution. But we have this in the past fun. Time to repent, to [drapat] and to swear. Only I would not want to leave. Let the Soviet regime go to them. To them let it will go - towards their passion, in order to dreams after personifying in reality, To give to them all, what by them is necessary for the happiness… without it - I so will live. You [smeetes], but to me not to the laughter. And although I see yawning mouth, I do not want from Russia to them to go, Let the Soviet regime go to them. Only freedom of the special kind It is necessary to them… Let! :. A to me completely And commonplace the freedom was sufficient: Rest - with me and in me. Only it does not exist - it is here in what interference. And there will not be - this misfortune! I nevertheless do not want to them to go - Let the Soviet regime go to them. To them let it will go - to the advocates of purpose. Let they rejoice at the edge of the misfortune And to comrade Davis to Angela They entrust [pravlenya] of [brazdy]. But it will already achieve the success And it will force them into the feet to fall. No, I in vain do not want to them to go, Let the Soviet regime go to them. Let it go to them - itself of features is not terrible by it, if freedom is in no way dear. It is very it's a pity, but to drag by it [parashi] Back and forth for such matters. I do not laugh - here entirely not to the laughter: Perhaps happiness, that to peace precipice. No, friends! - I do not want to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. Let [vedet] to them hungry years, Let their lie corrode as smoke. Let! :. under the canopy of commonplace freedom I will honestly sympathize [im]. I passed itself through these successes, Itself suffered [namuchalsya] to [vslast]… No, I do not see sense to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. I then about their fate will pay, To rightness of its bitter not rad, And I will by mail send the transfer Even [Sartru] - what it not reptile. And he will understand - although it will be not to the haste, What with it made the banal passion. But thus far - I do not want to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. All their undertakings will be poured off by it, There will be penalty - I am not glad by it. Only know - not them I feel sorry, Strangers to me it is pitiful people. It indeed it will be entirely not to the laughter - In the alteration such to fall: There indeed it will nowhere leave: There will everywhere be the Soviet regime.

Noise in [Luvene], in [Sorbonne] to [vosstane]. Who makes noise? Intellects are some! As the lover of the minute of [svidanya], They thirst revolution. But we have this in the past fun. Time to repent, to [drapat] and to swear. Only I would not want to leave. Let the Soviet regime go to them. To them let it will go - towards their passion, in order to dreams after personifying in reality, To give to them all, what by them is necessary for the happiness… without it - I so will live. You [smeetes], but to me not to the laughter. And although I see yawning mouth, I do not want from Russia to them to go, Let the Soviet regime go to them. Only freedom of the special kind It is necessary to them… Let! :. A to me completely And commonplace the freedom was sufficient: Rest - with me and in me. Only it does not exist - it is here in what interference. And there will not be - this misfortune! I nevertheless do not want to them to go - Let the Soviet regime go to them. To them let it will go - to the advocates of purpose. Let they rejoice at the edge of the misfortune And to comrade Davis to Angela They entrust [pravlenya] of [brazdy]. But it will already achieve the success And it will force them into the feet to fall. No, I in vain do not want to them to go, Let the Soviet regime go to them. Let it go to them - itself of features is not terrible by it, if freedom is in no way dear. It is very it's a pity, but to drag by it [parashi] Back and forth for such matters. I do not laugh - here entirely not to the laughter: Perhaps happiness, that to peace precipice. No, friends! - I do not want to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. Let [vedet] to them hungry years, Let their lie corrode as smoke. Let! :. under the canopy of commonplace freedom I will honestly sympathize [im]. I passed itself through these successes, Itself suffered [namuchalsya] to [vslast]… No, I do not see sense to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. I then about their fate will pay, To rightness of its bitter not rad, And I will by mail send the transfer Even [Sartru] - what it not reptile. And he will understand - although it will be not to the haste, What with it made the banal passion. But thus far - I do not want to them to go. Let the Soviet regime go to them. All their undertakings will be poured off by it, There will be penalty - I am not glad by it. Only know - not them I feel sorry, Strangers to me it is pitiful people. It indeed it will be entirely not to the laughter - In the alteration such to fall: There indeed it will nowhere leave: There will everywhere be the Soviet regime

My country tis of thee
Sweet Land of Liberty
Of Thee I sing
Land where my fathers died
Land of the pilgrims pride
From every mountain side
Let freedom ring.

Is that to be good translation? Imagine who to write such nonsense?

When am I to be for getting thimble? There is much textile to be making for the new clothings.

I always heard that Russians speak much like Spanish, after translation into Spanish.