PETA Says Hug A Wampa!

Comrades,

PETA announces a new campaign for all PETA members and initiates. Hug A Wampa!™

In order to bring more Hope™ and Change™ to the animal kingdom, Comrade Kristi Phelps announced this new program just yesterday at The Ringling Bros Circus protest in San Jose.

"We are hoping Hug A Wampa!™ entices more recruits to join us in our righteous cause to save the planet from the indignant humans on earth!" said Comrade Kristi Phelps.

Comrades, I don't know about you, but I think Comrade Phelps has good point!

Step right up comrades, BE THE FIRST TO

Hug A Wampa!™

Activists protest use of animals at Ringling Bros. appearance in San Jose

For the past several days, two groups have been battling it out at the entrance to San Jose's HP Pavilion. Armed with signs reading "Ringling Beats Animals" and "No Fun for the Animals," animal activists and members of PETA tried to dissuade people from going inside to watch animals perform in the circus.

And an employee of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, armed with a powerful loudspeaker, urged ticket holders waiting outside to make sure they bought a souvenir program before going in.

It wasn't exactly the biggest show on earth — with a couple dozen protesters and one very loud announcer for Ringling — but relations between the two groups remain tense as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and others try to urge San Jose and other cities to ban circuses with performing animals.

A day before the circus opened its run at the arena, PETA sent a letter to San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed and held a news conference Tuesday to ask him to make Sunday night's show the last time Ringling or any other circus is allowed in San Jose.

But if Reed gave the request any thought, he didn't announce it publicly, remaining mum on the issue all week. And his press aide did not return several phone calls from the Mercury News on Friday about the issue.

PETA also requested a meeting with Reed but had not heard back from the mayor's office by late Friday.

"We'd be ever so grateful if he'd take a look at our video," said Kristie Phelps, spokeswoman for PETA.

Late last month, PETA released video footage the group says it shot undercover while one of its investigators traveled with Ringling as an employee for several months. The circus was not aware of the plant.

"Our investigator documented routine abuse of elephants and tigers at the hands of Ringling employees," Phelps said. "It's evidence of what we've been saying for years."

The footage appears to show Ringling employees repeatedly striking elephants with metal-tipped hooks on the head, on the trunk and behind the ears. The elephants can be heard crying out when the strikes are made, and one employee cusses one of the animals while striking it.

Andy Perez, spokesman for Ringling, called the allegations "the same old activist tactics."

He declined to discuss specifics about the videos taken by PETA, offering instead a written statement from the circus about the video.

"Following the release last week of a deceptively edited video by the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey conducted veterinary examinations of all our elephants on the Ringling Bros. Red Unit," the statement says. "This and the 60 other veterinary examinations over the past six months found that the elephants are all in good health."

Moreover, the circus "believes that the validity of the latest footage released by PETA, which may appear disturbing, remains questionable and that PETA's video allegations should have been disclosed immediately, not months later."

Ringling also said in the statement that it has initiated a review of elephant handling of its Red Unit traveling circus. If wrongdoing is found, Ringling "will take all necessary actions, including redoubling its educational efforts, taking disciplinary actions, where appropriate, and possibly instituting additional systems of internal monitoring."

After three shows a day at HP Pavilion in San Jose on Saturday and Sunday, the circus moves on to Sacramento on Monday.

To view the undercover video PETA says it shot, visit www.circuses.com.

Source: https://www.mercurynews.com/lifestyle/ci ... ck_check=1

I'm using the force to get my lightsaber. . .

(off)
and attack the wampa for winter!

I hugged a wampa once. He returned the gesture a little more gung-ho that I would have prefered. Now I have the wear this S.C.B.A suit just to stay alive. Can a good comrade reach around behind me and wind that key on my back? I won't throw you into the furnace if you do (fingers crossed).

I think a hug from a Wampa is just what comrades Hillary and Pelosi need, or maybe two Wampas or three Wampas. Take two Wampa hugs and call me in the morning, Comrade Nanski, let's see if it brings your lying rate down a little.

Comrades,

{prog off}
I am awaiting PETA's reply to the story "Ga. couple killed by pack of wild dogs near home." Apparently both were elderly. The dogs mauled the wife, then the husband went seeking her and got mauled too. It's quite a grisly report of a terrible incident.

While I do not expect a reply, were one to be made, I wonder how they could spin it into "It's good to see animals fighting back, for you human pollutants got what you've been dishing out for millennia and you'd have been a drag on 0bamaCare anyway," in a way that doesn't turn on more lightbulbs of recognition that PETA's nuts.
{prog on}

Was it that vile country capitalist Elvis so loathed by dear Che who once spread capitalist immorality with the line "A Wampa Wampa Burnin' Love"?