Politifake.org: The Thief Among Us.

Image I hate to speak for others, but I will. Most of us that create photochop satire and such aren't doing it for the money, mainly because beyond a few t-shirt sells and a little Google Ads income there is no money to be made (not that I can see). We do it to advance our ideas and/or to expose liberal progressivism for the evil that it is, and in the process maybe make a few people laugh. Most of us have no problem with our work being distributed around the interwebz, I myself encourage it, all we ask is that you don't remove our signatures or logos and when possible a link to our various websites is appreciated.

So when I discovered this thief's site this morning, it really infuriated me. What this asshat is doing is scrubbing my and many others photochops of all identifying marks and re-posting them as if he created them. He is a fraud and liar, and I'm declaring WAR on him and his site.

I emailed Big Fur Hat with the link because he has often alerted me when he finds similar violations. He has posted a topic at iowntheworld.com which I recommend reading. BFH rips him a new a**hole.

I'll keep my eye out for any similar usurpation and will report same.

I've also seen a number of my pics presented on other sites with my logo in the corner cropped out. It used to piss me off. So I've given up putting my logo on my pics. Perhaps just as well considering some would cause a race riot at LGF.

I don't have a financial interest in selling my work. I'm not that talented. You however should get an attorney and send them a letter threatening legal action. Maybe you can even squeeze some compensation out of them.

Holy crap, I just went to the asshole's site and he schwicked my Obama carrying a watermelon pic! I wonder what else of mine he got in there.

Update
And the MichelleO/Salt monster. Both were credited to Retrochcop.

Went to politifake and posted some truth and posed some questions about copyright.

Over at IOTW...
Irony Curtain wrote:The thing is, in our private business lives we negotiate for money and try to get the fairest price possible for our work, and still get credit and recognition.
With our iOTW stuff, it's ONLY about the credit. The brand is all we have, if that's stripped there's no point!.

I went to my photos in my facebook account. I've posted some of your work there, come on, it's awesome stuff. All pictures have the printed People's Cube or Maksim People's Cube logos and signatures. In the discriptions I make sure that The Cube is noted. I'll go back and make sure that IOtW is noted as well. Keep up the good work. The stuff you guys do is awesome and it inspires me. It gives me a good laugh usually when I need one most.

Thanks Dr.! I appreciate that. Let me be clear, you and those like you are not the problem.

Superkommissar Maksim wrote:Image I hate to speak for others, but I will. Most of us that create photochop satire and such aren't doing it for the money, mainly because beyond a few t-shirt sells and a little Google Ads income there is no money to be made (not that I can see). We do it to advance our ideas and/or to expose liberal progressivism for the evil that it is, and in the process maybe make a few people laugh. Most of us have no problem with our work being distributed around the interwebz, I myself encourage it, all we ask is that you don't remove our signatures or logos and when possible a link to our various websites is appreciated.

So when I discovered thisthief's site this morning, it really infuriated me. What this asshat is doing is scrubbing my and many others photochops of all identifying marks and re-posting them as if he created them. He is a fraud and liar, and I'm declaring WAR on him and his site.

I emailed Big Fur Hat with the link because he has often alerted me when he finds similar violations. He has posted a topic atiowntheworld.com which I recommend reading. BFH rips him a new a**hole.

That same sock-cucker is ripping me off too.
<br>http://www.politifake.org/i-smell-a-blo ... r-186.html

What we need to do is get a real pic of the thief, and put his head on a prog body, I mean REALLY on a prog body, humilate the toad.

Superkommissar Maksim wrote:
I emailed Big Fur Hat with the link because he has often alerted me when he finds similar violations. He has posted a topic atiowntheworld.com which I recommend reading. BFH rips him a new a**hole.

OFFY-

I went to Politifake and commented on my stolen poster ... but then I saw this comment attached to MY stolen art.

"MrPinko – March 11, 2010, 6:51 pm
Copyright infringement – STOLEN WORK ALERT! David Beswick (RETROCHCOP) STOLE this artwork (AND 100's of others) from iOwnTheWorld.com"

I was hoping Big Fur Hat just commented on everything this guy stole, and made a mistake, seems now 2 people are taking credit for my work.

Superkommissar Maksim wrote: So when I discovered thisthief's site this morning, it really infuriated me. What this asshat is doing is scrubbing my and many others photochops of all identifying marks and re-posting them as if he created them. He is a fraud and liar, and I'm declaring WAR on him and his site.

OFFY-

Another fraudster
<br>http://www.politifake.org/view.php?id=976&

PLEASE DON'T FRET! iOwnTheWorld is NOT claiming your artwork!

I spent TWO FRIGGIN' HOURS marking ALL the STOLEN artwork on that site! He stole over 150 images from iOwnTheWorld.com - I couldn't CROSS-CHECK all the work he stole! So I apologize for any mistake I made. Apologies to Maksim too - I know I probably posted on his stuff too.

This guy also stole over 500 images on another site.

Contact BigFurHat at iOwnTheWorld.com for info on the bastard that stole EVERYONE'S ARTWORK!

The guy's name is David Beswick (RETROCHCOP) of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, a 60-something year old RETIRED COP! You think he would know better!

All my best,
Mr. Pinko
iOwnTheWorld.com

Infidel Castrate wrote:

OFFY-

I went to Politifake and commented on my stolen poster ... but then I saw this comment attached to MY stolen art.

Copyright infringement – STOLEN WORK ALERT! David Beswick (RETROCHCOP) STOLE this artwork (AND 100's of others) from iOwnTheWorld.com"

I was hoping Big Fur Hat just commented on everything this guy stole, and made a mistake, seems now 2 people are taking credit for my work.

{Prog Off}

Sure sign of a prog is someone who has no respect for intellectual or any kind of property, regardless of what they claim their political beliefs are. Because, at the root of the progressive mind is the mind of a lazy, indolent, thief with a sense of entitlement to everyone else's property.

MrPinko wrote:PLEASE DON'T FRET! iOwnTheWorld is NOT claiming your artwork!

I spent TWO FRIGGIN' HOURS marking ALL the STOLEN artwork on that site! He stole over 150 images from iOwnTheWorld.com - I couldn't CROSS-CHECK all the work he stole! So I apologize for any mistake I made. Apologies to Maksim too - I know I probably posted on his stuff too.

This guy also stole over 500 images on another site.

Contact BigFurHat at iOwnTheWorld.com for info on the bastard that stole EVERYONE'S ARTWORK!

The guy's name is David Beswick (RETROCHCOP) of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, a 60-something year old RETIRED COP! You think he would know better!

All my best,
Mr. Pinko
iOwnTheWorld.com

Infidel Castrate wrote:

OFFY-

OFFY-

No problem, I wondered if what you mentioned about cross-checking since there was so much stuff hijacked there. And thanks for your efforts.

<OFF>
As they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" . . . but stealing, in any form, is again'da law. We DO have copyright laws (unless Obam has "deemed" them null and void) I doubt these sorts of people will stop unless they're taken to court and lose money.
I've seen some truly great Photoshop art done here and admire those with the skills and software to accomplish these pictures, since I have neither, so I hope this stealing doesn't stop our Cube artist. 'Theftdome' has been running rampart in the internet for a long time, unabated. Not sure what will stop it.

Update:
Politifake and to a lesser extent its sister site motifake have been taking a beating in the last 24 hours in their comment sections and on their forums by people from the Cube, IOTW and Freaking News. They are still somewhat in denial about their responsibilities but I think they are about to have a come to Jesus moment as they are being reminded in various ways of the potential cost of their illegal practices.

Here's the emails I sent them this morning.
I demand you remove the following images from politifake. They are my creations and were taken from my site iMaksim.com without my permission. In addition if you think it is up to me to constantly scour your site for infringements against me, you are sadly mistaken. The responsibility is Politifake's and until you live up to those responsibilities this is not over. Followed by 17 urls

I demand you remove the following images from motifake. They are my creations and were taken from my site iMaksim.com without my permission, scrubbed of all identifying marks and re-branded by motifake. Read the law, this is illegal and if it continues motifake could find itself at the very lest without a web host since illegal behavior violates 1and1's user agreement. 3 urls

A while back Olga Katrina agonized over the fact that she had lifted some pics off another site and reposted them here. I told her it was Progressive of her to confiscate the work of others for her own needs.

But the difference is that KOK didn't take credit for the pics like this Retrochcop is doing. Just because he turns someone else's work into a motivational poster by adding a black border and some text doesn't give him the right to claim it was all his.

Way back when I first joined the Cube I posted a pic that Red Square thought was funny enough to put in the sidebar (and it's still there). Even though the pic had no copyright or logo, I immediately told RS that this wasn't my work because I didn't want people thinking it was. Fair is fair. Give credit where due.

Since I have no financial interest in what I make I no longer sign my work, I donate it to the cause. Anyone is free to use it to further the cause. Just don't claim you made it or I'll get hurt feelings. And who wants to make a clown cry?

Comrade Whoopie wrote:...told her it was Progressive of her to confiscate the work of others for her own needs. .... Since I have no financial interest in what I make I no longer sign my work, I donate it to the cause. Anyone is free to use it to further the cause. Just don't claim you made it or I'll get hurt feelings. And who wants to make a clown cry?

This is glorious Comrade Whoopie, I commend you thrice! Confiscating work belonging to another is truly and deeply, Progressive. Twisting said works and words around, to fit one's personal agenda, is productively 'progressive'! And since you have "no financial interest" in what you make, I will be more than happily pleased and proud to assume your work, as my own. Any financial gain on my part, will of course, be divided between me, myself and I. "I AM Progressive!"

(*of this is all tentative upon approval of great comrade Rahm and his Gulag Enforcers)

MrPinko wrote:

Is this the guy? Says he was with the City of Rochester, NY PD from 1969-1990.

Superkommissar Maksim wrote:Update:
Politifake and to a lesser extent its sister site motifake have been taking a beating in the last 24 hours in their comment sections and on their forums by people from the Cube, IOTW and Freaking News. They are still somewhat in denial about their responsibilities but I think they are about to have a come to Jesus moment as they are being reminded in various ways of the potential cost of their illegal practices.

OFFY-

They are on a very slippery slope. When someone links to or posts a copyrighted work, it can be done legally through Fair Use law, especially if it is done in an educational or a commentary context, much like many of us do here ... but the very purpose of that website is to alter the art itself and create something derivative of it.

With Fair Use it is not necessary to get the copyright holders permission if it really is being used in the Fair Use manner. It's always good to get the copyright holders permission and the ethical thing to do, but technically you don't have to. But they are not posting the art and commenting seperately from the art, they are DEFACING the art. If my text comments are seperate from someone else's art I l link to ... it doesn't change the image, but when they render out a new image and embed your image into that then they are creating a derivative.

They are not meeting the standards of "parody" for fair use either. Framing something they didn't make and then putting text in the frame is a very flimsy use of "parody". They must change the original art in a significant way.

Seems they took down the images, the .jpg of my image I linked to from their site is gone.

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote: Any financial gain on my part, will of course, be divided between me, myself and I. "I AM Progressive!"

Just remember Fraulein, the Inner Party is due its cut of the action. Holding out on the collective is a serious offense. Violators will be paid a visit by a naked Rahm Emanuel, pummeled by Pinkie's shovel, an ice ax embedded in their skull, then they're stood against the wall for some target practice and afterward Pinkie pummels the corpse some more. Their possessions will be confiscated and their dacha burned down.

And all that happens before the show trial (in absentia).

Comrade Whoopie wrote:
Fraulein Pulloskies wrote: Any financial gain on my part, will of course, be divided between me, myself and I. "I AM Progressive!"

Just remember Fraulein, the Inner Party is due its cut of the action. Holding out on the collective is a serious offense. Violators will be paid a visit by a naked Rahm Emanuel, pummeled by Pinkie's shovel, an ice ax embedded in their skull, then they're stood against the wall for some target practice and afterward Pinkie pummels the corpse some more. Their possessions will be confiscated and their dacha burned down.

Well, of course, hehehe, ummm, uhh, that is what I meant to say . . . sharing with the collective! The glorious collective! (DRATS!) My beet stained feet have no interest in any visit from Dingle Dangle Rahm either. Shar'n is only fair'n.

Comrade Whoopie wrote: Violators will be paid a visit by a naked Rahm Emanuel, pummeled by Pinkie's shovel, an ice ax embedded in their skull, then they're stood against the wall for some target practice and afterward Pinkie pummels the corpse some more. Their possessions will be confiscated and their dacha burned down.

You forgot the best part.....my favorite part......TEABAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just love squatting down and....well, I don't need to tell YOU how to properly 'bag' someone.

I've not bothered to check yet, but I'm curious if any The People's Cube games begin proliferating. If you have the right software, it's easy to strip the copyright and other data from QuickTime content.

Just now caught this thread due to being busy. Damn, time to join the party, albeit a bit late.

Looks like idiot boy isn't there anymore.