POP MUSIC DEFINES THOUGHTS TODAY AS IT DID BEFORE

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Using pop music as a well-known messenger of truth, I wanted to point out how effective this message was, as stated by our current president, the great uniter, in getting elected:

Ebony and Ivory-Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney

Sounds nice, doesn't it? So sweet! I do so wish it was true.
~
Then, there's this from Memphis:

More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

After that horrendous array of brutality, I'd also like to post this (also from a 60's singer):

Love (Truth) Lifts Us Up Where We Belong-Joe Cocker

This video is wonderful! Eagles!

Every single video in this post is killer! I love them all. Especially the last one.
I know it's a lot to ask but, please watch the last one. It will make your heart soar!

Love,
Pammie

Prog Off.png

The Joe Cocker video is an inspiration if you still have even a tiny spark of hope left in you. He showed up during our collective's 3 day camping trip to Woodstock, N.Y. in 1969. Thinking back to that weekend is, well,...to say the least, not easy. Mostly, I remember rain alternating with boiling sun, lots of mud and stinky people, some great music if you could find an island of unoccupied ground to squat, and a backup of cars extending just past a gas station in the outskirts of Memphis. BTW: Joe C. has had a long and eventful career - if you want to refresh your memory read his bio HERE.

Wow, Captain Craptek! You went to Woodstock? Awesome!

I lived in NY at the time and could've gone but decided not to. I was one of those "hippies" who had a job and dressed very "hip" to show my solidarity with "freedom" fighters. I worked in advertising and this was expected.

I used to say, with pride, that I never went to Woodstock. Now, in a way, I wish I had gone so I could be a witness to this phenomenon. So I'm glad that you can convey to me how this went.

Later, in Los Angeles, I had occasion to meet Michael Wadleigh, the producer of the documentary, Woodstock, in my then boyfriend's loft on Hollywood Blvd. That same loft was used in the movie "The Craft." Coincidence? I don't know.

Here's Michael: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0905579/

Oh, before I forget (and I do often) I most definitely have a frigging LIGHTENING ROD of hope left in me! (And, I think you do too.) XXX!

I was a "late bloomer" (or, is it late boomer) and had recently gone back to college - after living in the real world of work and paychecks - to complete a graduate study program. Considered a probable "sellout at almost 30"- an anomaly on campus - I was quickly captured by the inmates and forced to adopt their ways...or else. And so, for a few years I unwittingly adopted the Saul Alinsky technique of institutional infiltration, i.e., dressing and acting like other members to gain their trust. Once officially accepted into the herd, I began an in depth undercover analysis of their ways. The Woodstock adventure was only the beginning of my journey, or descent if you prefer, through the world of reverse logic that is Next Tuesday.™

If you're interested in the rest of my story and would care to place an order for my soon to be released autobiography, please email your Paypal account information. Hurry! This is a limited, collectors edition and sure to sell out quickly.

"Undercover Rodent" - (One squirrel's descent into drugs, sex, and bell-bottoms in the 60's)

[color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] was not kidding us when he wrote:I was a "late bloomer" (or, is it late boomer)...

How about an early toker?!

craptek-was-at-woodstock-oh-yeah.jpg

Well, Comrade Crap, since it looks like we're having a video conversation on this post, I will respond to you by saying, with regard to this coming election:

Major H/T to Roger Simon PJ Media: The Nowhere Man Goes to War

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2014/09/10/the-nowhere-man-goes-to-war/

Original Beatles Song posted here:
He's a Nowhere Man