PROG OFF: Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

I just had to post this my dear comrades. I know you all love show tunes.

Why Pamalinsky, GMTA! I was thinking of this song just this morning!

We should update this musical, with songs like, “I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Vote Hillary”, “Jobs Are Coming Back to Motor City”, “People Will Say We're for Trump”, and “Poor Left is Dead—” Good!

The KMTC had been prepared to post a youtube video of Everyone's Gone To The Moon but it looks like the lunatics will have to go there on their own dime. Hopefully they will.

Last night the network talking heads started looking worried as the returns rolled in. Something had gone horribly wrong. This morning when I got up and found that Hillary had gone down in flames, I felt great.

Then I went to work and came across some despondent Hillary supporters. What had been perky and unnaturally cheery college coeds the day before now looked haggard and drawn. They were almost in shock as they enumerated their losses: Obamacare might get repealed. Gun control was a dead issue. The Supreme Court would be packed with conservatives...they might even overturn Obergefell v Hodges. They looked so dejected. So pathetic.

And as I stood there, watching them grieve...

I felt even better.

Times have changed,
And we've often rewound the clock,
Since the Puritans got a shock,
When they landed on Plymouth Rock!

If today,
Any shock they should try to stem,
'stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,
Plymouth Rock would land on them!

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking was,
Looked on as something shocking
But now God knows,
Anything goes!

Computers too,
With ones and ze-roes,
Turn average folks to heroes,
And punks to pros!
Anything goes!

If saying fast talk you like,
If low blows you like,
If closed mines you like,
If slow minds you like,
If celebs you like,
Or drugs and dregs you like,
Why, nobody will oppose!

When every night,
Athena's glory is
Scrapped for the Venus story,
Then I suppose,
Anything goes!

The world has gone mad today,
And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
When most guys today,
That women prize today,
Are just silly gigolos.

And though this isn't quite the end of it,
I'm sure we won't hear the end of it,
'Til man's death throes,
Anything goes!

If you're wondering, yes it's incredibly hard to try to outwrite and outwit Cole Porter. And I still think I didn't do a good job. I didn't even try to rewrite the penultimate verse, it's just too good. I tried damn hard to rewrite the third verse but I just couldn't do it. And I think it would be just plain disrespectful to Porter to even try to change the first two verses. The second verse has to be the most clever verse in music.

I just hope I don't get the idea to try to re-do "You're the Top"!

Me being from the raaccciiiissstttt South, I was awakened this morning by the tune of my favorite raaccciiiissstttt song on my alarm clock: "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" - from the hateful, bigoted, horrible, raaccciiiissstttt 1946 movie, "Song of the South" - banned by Disney to save the children.

Here is the one that I watched, first thing this morning:

... and: I love the smell of Ruling Class hyperventilation in the morning.

(sure, Yurop Ruling Class included! just a peek into "leading" organs of EUSSR, hilarity ensues)

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Why Pamalinsky, GMTA! I was thinking of this song just this morning!

We should update this musical, with songs like, “I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Vote Hillary”, “Jobs Are Coming Back to Motor City”, “People Will Say We're for Trump”, and “Poor Left is Dead—” Good!

Excellent choices, Sista Pinkie!

My muse is all atwirl with the possibilities you have presented.

My favorites are “Jobs Are Coming Back to Motor City” “Poor Left is Dead”

Even if you use the original lyrics about Motor City, i.e. “Everything's Up-to-date in Kansas City, they've gone about as fur as they can go”, it still works. Libs think this is true, and that's what they want, whereas, if you just project into the future a bit you could say “Everything's Up-to-date in Motor City, they've gone about as fur as they can go.” A prosperous and vibrant city. A whole other thing!

As for the latter, based on the song “Poor Jud is dead” Poor Jeb is Dead and what he represents. So I have to admit your lyric rules. Poor Left is Dead!

We have been ruled against our will for at least 8 years. Enough!

I mean, Little Jebbie wanted to show how to win without the base! Who does that? (especially the tallest candidate who had to stand on his tippy toes to show he was better than the other children in a photoshoot.)

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

Times have changed,

If today,

But now God knows,
Anything goes!

Computers too,
With ones and ze-roes,
And punks to pros!
Anything goes!

If low blows you like,
If slow minds you like,
If celebs you like,
Why, nobody will oppose!

When every night,
Athena's glory is
Then I suppose,
Anything goes!

And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
When most guys today,
That women prize today,
Are just silly gigolos.

'Til man's death throes,
Anything goes!

If you're wondering, yes it's incredibly hard to try to outwrite and outwit Cole Porter. And I still think I didn't do a good job. I didn't even try to rewrite the penultimate verse, it's just too good. I tried damn hard to rewrite the third verse but I just couldn't do it. And I think it would be just plain disrespectful to Porter to even try to change the first two verses. The second verse has to be the most clever verse in music.

Yeah, Stierlitz, if anything goes it all goes!

Ivan Betinov wrote:Last night the network talking heads started looking worried as the returns rolled in. Something had gone horribly wrong. This morning when I got up and found that Hillary had gone down in flames, I felt great.

Then I went to work and came across some despondent Hillary supporters. What had been perky and unnaturally cheery college coeds the day before now looked haggard and drawn. They were almost in shock as they enumerated their losses: Obamacare might get repealed. Gun control was a dead issue. The Supreme Court would be packed with conservatives...they might even overturn Obergefell v Hodges. They looked so dejected. So pathetic.

And as I stood there, watching them grieve...

I felt even better.

I think you will like this comment I found in response to the election:
It's from a Breitbart Hollywood comment thread:

I never realized how underrated gloating actually was until now.. Just the thought of these sanctimonious twits being this miserable is quite the rush.. Previously, I avoided reading these tweets, but today I think I'll go back and read them again!..
"quiting life" for this "celebrity" pond scum sounds like a fantastic idea.. Please tell us what we can do to help, and we'll be there for ya!..

I know you are a self-described cynic. A sweet cynic from my point of view.

Kremlin Guard wrote:Me being from the raaccciiiissstttt South, I was awakened this morning by the tune of my favorite raaccciiiissstttt song on my alarm clock: "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" - from the hateful, bigoted, horrible, raaccciiiissstttt 1946 movie, "Song of the South" - banned by Disney to save the children.

Go forth and VOTE my brother! (I suspect you already did)

Love,
Pammie

Update: Just had to add how much I love this and appreciate your posting it. I couldn't help notice the Bluebird, which now represents censorship of conservatives in today's world., i.e. Twitter.

Still, this wonderful video trumps it all!

"Back in the day" when my candidate lost an election I didn't riot or loot. Nor did I need a "safe space", therapy dogs, hot cocoa or counseling. All of those things are listed as presently being used to help Clinton supporters deal with the recent election. The most I needed was a couple of six packs of cheap beer. Then, some years later after I quit drinking, I'd go punch a heavy bag. The last time my candidate lost in 2008 I got some popcorn and watched a Twilight Zone marathon on Netflix.

Maybe the rioting precious snowflakes are out of popcorn, I don't know.

Now it's nap time. G'night!

Meanwhile, the left has a funeral for Hillary and The Dream...

I know, I've posted this before, but I am posting it again because it feels so good.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:Meanwhile, the left has a funeral for Hillary and The Dream...

Yeah, real deep, like supporting a recall by Jill Stein and Elizabeth Warren! That's some deep s$$t!

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

Times have changed,

If today,

But now God knows,
Anything goes!

Computers too,
With ones and ze-roes,
And punks to pros!
Anything goes!

If low blows you like,
If slow minds you like,
If celebs you like,
Why, nobody will oppose!

When every night,
Athena's glory is
Then I suppose,
Anything goes!

And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
When most guys today,
That women prize today,
Are just silly gigolos.

'Til man's death throes,
Anything goes!

That was magnificent, Stierlitz, so sorry I didn't comment on it before. Most excellent! I'm sure Cole Porter would just love to collaborate with you! I know I do.